Flight of the Phoenix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flight of the Phoenix Reviews

August 17, 2016
This was a decent action film. Just wish that I could care about these one dimensional characters, but no.
½ June 26, 2016
This one was actually good.  I've only seen bits of the original so I had no idea what the creepy blond dude's secret was (played marvelously creepy by Giovanni Ribisi).  I recommend this.  See it won't ya!
February 9, 2016
Good remake, of a classic movie.
November 19, 2015
This was a pretty good movie. I guess that is not much to have to say - but that's all I got...
½ September 15, 2015
A Fabulous Movie! Well done. Acting great and story great. Being an Aviator and Navy Combat Cinematographer, I know good flicks. Get after it!
September 5, 2015
Pretty Ok movie considering I hadn't seen the original. Impressed with Giovanni Ribiski's. He is really a good actor.
August 9, 2015
Interested to see it, if only cuz i loved the original.
August 6, 2015
Action packed Blahhhhhh.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Quite okey but i heard the original is be better. I thought it was watchable tho but nothing special.
½ December 1, 2014
A remake of the surperior 1966 version, the cast here is decent but the overacting is plentiful. It tries to hard to take different sterotypes, stick em together and make it work. All to predictable of course and the cheesy dialogue doesn't help.

Effects are decent but it's an average film overall.

plane goes down, people fight to rebuild plane, egos collide, they come together, they succeed.

A success story we have seen all too many times.
November 22, 2014
The original's better but this is still excellent.
½ November 4, 2014
A plane crashes in the desert and team work combined with a strong will to live helps them to rebuild a plane and fly on out of there. Enjoyable film, even if it was a bit far fetched
skactopus
September 5, 2014
John Moore's Flight of the Phoenix makes the most of a plane in a desert.

Running a solid hour forty five, which is a tad lengthy, the story manages a good level of amusement considering most of the film takes place in a single setting; the desert. While the inside of a plane and lots and lots of sand make huge appearances on screen, it's the variety of characters, along with a moderate level of suspense, that help to offset the stale backdrop.

Classified as a dramatic action adventure, the action is the most limited piece of that trio. Not a problem, as the plot details do not require a plethora of unnecessary action sequences.

The cast of characters make for a satisfying conclusion. Dennis Quaid manages to carry the film, while Miranda Otto stands out as the lone female. Giovanni Ribisi dishes out the most memorable performance of the picture.

Flight of the Phoenix has nothing extraordinary, but as a whole it is an easily recommendable sand-filled viewing piece.
½ September 3, 2014
not a good homage to the original...
August 24, 2014
I'm one of the viewers who haven't seen the original, so I find this updated remake good with some tenses and strong acting. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
August 2, 2014
One of the most pathetic excuses for a survival thriller of the 2000s. Flight of the Phoenix is repetitive, tedious, abysmally acted, and pretentious.
July 22, 2014
It's passable. But despite the strength of the actors, transplanting the story to modern times and a new location just doesn't work in the way the original does, and the film lacks many of the original's strengths.
July 5, 2014
I don't know why this film got the bad ratings it did? I thought it was a great movie and exactly what I was looking for. I think the critic' snow days are completely out of touch. And some of the user base there opinion's on what the critic say. So if you like adventure and the struggle that people over come when faced with adversity then watch this filem.
July 2, 2014
Not certain how we're supposed to feel about any of the characters, other than that of Giovanni Ribisi, who is well-cast as someone easy to dislike.