Flushed Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flushed Away Reviews

March 16, 2018
Its a good movie but there are some parts that i don't like alot
March 14, 2018
It's good movie to watch
March 13, 2018
Flushed Away is very entertaining. Sure, it isn't the best animation in the world, but there was a lot to enjoy. The animation in general is very good, but not as good as Ratatouille. The story was a little bit thin, and sometimes failed to engage. Most of the jokes were genuinely very funny, however it had a tendency to overshadow the story. The french frogs were also very funny, but my favourite were the singing slugs. They were so funny every time they appeared. The voice talents were fantastic, especially Ian Mckellan, a fine recovery after his mistake, Doogal. Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet also brought a lot of much needed wit to their rather thankless characters. Bill Nighy and Shane Richie also delighted in brief but entertaining roles. The Tom Jones song over the end credits was nice to hear too. All in all, a witty and highly entertaining film.
January 13, 2018
A Different Look At Something That Is Not Often Considered, Some Animals Do Have Better Lives Than Others. Pampering To The Point Of A Class System As Reflected Also In Humanity. It Was Clever & Funny. Good Stuff.
½ January 3, 2018
Its a very enjoyable, clever, and fun family adventure with extremely creative and inventive ways in how it creates its world in the sewers. In my opinion a pretty underrated and overlooked Aardman film.
January 2, 2018
I'm scared of mice. Couldn't watch it, thought it was a wholesome family comedy but turns out it is a horror film with the French and water. No thanks.
December 6, 2017
Even when I watched this film as a child I found it to be underwhelming and completely unmemorable. Do not expect this film to keep anyone's attention
November 26, 2017
I wipe my sweaty ass with this worthless excuse for a movie. FLUSH IT AWAY
½ September 27, 2017
The marriage between Dreamworks and Aardman where if they'd invited for round for a dinner party you'd spend the car journey home speculating on when they were getting divorced and whether Aardman has been sleeping with Gill from Accounts. It's neither one nor the other and as a result feels very bland at times and lacks any emotional impact at all. My 4 year old's review was 'Good', stick that on the poster... and we love Wallace and Gromit in this house.
August 14, 2017
Flushed Away is a surprising movie. It lacks in as much toilet humor as you think it would, and it is really clever. I recommend it.
August 2, 2017
It's funny, clever and entertaining story, with a good chemistry between Roddy and Rita, great stop motion animation and refreshing moments.

|7,2 out of 10|
July 23, 2017
Flushed Away is such an underrated Aardman film!
July 20, 2017
The people at Aardman can't do much wrong. Flushed Away is definitely the weakest feature film they've made, and it's not really that bad in any way at all. They made the idea of rats falling in love in the sewer work. Flushed Away's lovable characters play out a predictable yet interesting story. Flushed Away is so fun and at times too fast. The standard of animation is admirably high considering this was Aardman's first crack with CG. What sets Flushed Away apart from other Aardman films is that there are significant nits to pick. Accents were inconsistent & some gags were repetitive. Flushed Away is full of Aardman's wit and charm & still entertains me today. A flawed film, but commendable nonetheless.
July 15, 2017
Fantastic claymation, brilliant voice cast, quality gags. Another brilliant effort from Aardman.
June 25, 2017
I feel this is yet another very underrated animated movie. No one ever talks about this, and it's very sad too. Flushed Away has a great premise, and great characters. I love how the friend/relationship between Roddy and Rita grows during the whole movie, and I also love them both as characters. Roddy knows when to be funny and when to be serious, and Rita is a very brave, strong, and intelligent character. I also love the animation of this movie, and it's filled with very funny moments. 8.5 out of 10. It may not be anywhere near the level of Shrek or anything like that, but another one of my favorite animated movies.
June 1, 2017
A decent tale that earns its laughs and heart, Flushed Away stands as good animated entertainment.
May 8, 2017
Aardman Animation is a studio best known for their works dealing with stop motion animation. More specifically, the Wallace & Gromit shorts that made the company famous. However, this all changed in 2006, when they, along with DreamWorks, released their film "Flushed Away" hoping for the same success that Aardman had with 2000's "Chicken Run" and 2005's "Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit". The end result? Eh, it's okay. While the movie itself is creative with its world and premise, it kind of loses itself with the story and pacing. "Flushed Away" may not be the best feature from Aardman, but it is their most creative feature by far.

The story follows Roddy (Hugh Jackman), a rat living a pampered life in England. (Where else in an Aardman feature?) This all changes as a sewer rat named Sid (Shane Richie) comes and takes over Roddy's home; resulting in Roddy being flushed down the toilet. Now in the sewers, Roddy finds an entire civilization filled with rodents, and must find a way out. Here, Roddy meets Rita (Kate Winslet), who offers to bring Roddy home in exchange for some jewels. But the evil Toad (Ian McKellan) and his henchmen (Andy Serkis and Bill Nighy) have something much more devious in store for them.

"Flushed Away" is an admirable piece of animation from Aardman. But that doesn't mean there some issues with the the film. However, let us take a look at the positives before the negatives.

What makes the movie stand out is its unique design. The backgrounds are creative, as this world presents itself with a lot of ideas for future adventures The water effects look quite good, and it works well within the universe that this movie creates. On top of this, the characters are a lot of fun, and have good chemistry with each other. From our heroes to our villains, everyone has something to remember you by. This, in turn, can be attributed to the performances given here. All of the performances range from being absolute fun, to over the top. Combining all of this together, we have a soundtrack with some interesting pop songs, and a well done orchestrated score that fits well with the action. But with that being said, the film does have its fair share of problems.

The story is kind of a jumbled mess. While it is creative with its world, the story, along with the pacing, creates a rather quick mess. There are a lot of coincidences present in the movie that are rather easy to foresee, and most of the action is rushed. If the movie took its time to slow down, then the final product would have been good. The biggest issue, however, can be attributed to the character animation. One can clearly see that the film was originally done in stop motion, and then converted in 3D. Which was ultimately the case. And because of this, the movie feels a out of place.

As it stands, "Flushed Away" isn't the best animated film from Aardman, but it's not the best either. If there had been some improvements, then we would have gotten a really creative project. But ultimately, it feels like a lot potential was wasted down the toilet.
½ April 29, 2017
Decent animated movie, nothing amazing though.
April 18, 2017
I like Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet, just not so much this film. cute just didn't cut it...I was bored altogether!! Good effects though. Hey, gotta love all 3D animated stuff, even though not all of them are home runs =)
February 27, 2017
Very funny the story is clever and good animation Flushed Away is a very enjoyable film for all the ages not a 10 but it's very good