Reviews

• Jan 12, 2022

It's a rom-com with a little action thrown in...but somehow Hudson and McConaughey aren't what you'd expect as they search for the sunken treasure. Kevin Hart provides some slapstick - but none of it really works.

• Dec 13, 2021

It was OK after I got over the shock of seeing all this large hills in Key West and the Bahamas. Last time I went there there were no hills other than a few fire ant hills in Key West. Hollywood again you disappoint with the scenes and backgrounds.

• Dec 04, 2021

I enjoyed it. It's funny and silly, something we need sometimes. Plus love Kate and Matt. Always a pleasure to watch Donald Sutherland.

• Aug 15, 2021

Good mindless fun. Characters work well together. Some comedy and chemistry can go a long way in an adventure movie.

• Jul 24, 2021

Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey's characters are so insufferable that they had to add a criminally annoying Paris Hilton-like character to the movie, presumably to make them look good by comparison. It doesn't work.

• May 29, 2021

The critics are wrong. This movie is funny and the chemistry between the lead actors is realistic. The reason the critics don't get it is because they've never experienced a real relationship like the one depicted in this movie because they're not attractive or desirable enough.

• May 28, 2021

My kind of treasure hunt adventure, funny & enjoyable

My kind of treasure hunt adventure, funny & enjoyable

• May 08, 2021

McConaughey returns to treasure hunting that blends "Sahara" and "Into the Blue" from the desert to the aquatic tropics with childish performances and frivolous storytelling unable to shake off predictability, as the X's are only marked on rare but faded funny bits. (C)

• Jan 30, 2021

I feel like there's a good movie buried just underneath the surface of Fool's Gold. After all, treasure hunting is usually exciting, the two leads have proven chemistry, and it's set in a beautiful place. However, the treasure's backstory is overly complicated, the characters are inconsistent, and the film doesn't really go anywhere. I think this expedition could have benefitted from a little more planning.

• Jan 09, 2021

Gee, there's some real miserable people who review these films. Sure it's formulaic, but it's an entertaining, fun romp. If you want exceptional, romcoms are not the place to go. Good stuff