Fool's Gold Reviews

• Jan 09, 2021

Gee, there's some real miserable people who review these films. Sure it's formulaic, but it's an entertaining, fun romp. If you want exceptional, romcoms are not the place to go. Good stuff

• Dec 05, 2020

Underrated movie! Way better than the rating they have it... definitely worth a watch!

• Oct 23, 2020

As usual in the films of this genre, the heroes have to fight against evil - here in the form of financial difficulties, competition and creditors - on their treasure hunt. Last but not least, the classic relationship tensions of the hero couple must not be missing. The plot is not new and imaginative, but therefore not necessarily bad. In the end, the good guys win and the bad guys take a bath. Predictable, but solid and time-tested. However, the film manages to captivate the viewer in a certain way through great shots, timeless slapstick and last but not least ironic but likeable character drawings. It is a treasure hunt paired with comedy.The goal is predictable, but therefore the plot is purposeful, which makes the film a stringent adventure. The music score is a pretty interesting mix out of different gernes, so if you like film scores, have a look (or hear?) at it! The film doesn't deserve an Oscar, but it's certainly enough entertainment for a cosy evening with drinks and popcorn.

• Jun 22, 2020

it is predictable but mildly amusing thanks to its cast.

it is predictable but mildly amusing thanks to its cast.

• May 20, 2020

Quite funny and a good story idea but very very slow and a bit too silly in some places. Managed to see it to the end

• May 17, 2020

Con un cast d'eccezione e delle location da urlo, questa commedia poteva avere davvero tutto, e invece scade spesso nel banale anche laddove sarebbe stato necessario inserire qualche momento di tensione in più. Il vero punto forte sono le riprese e i paesaggi.

• Apr 08, 2020

Fools Gold is one of the most boringly unfunny films I have ever seen. McConaughey and Hudson were cute in How To Lose A Guy in Ten Days but this movie is dreadful.

• Mar 09, 2020

Um its whatever...it'll pass the time or you can doze off to it

Um its whatever...it'll pass the time or you can doze off to it

• Feb 09, 2020

Another random movie. I didn't expect much and no surprise, it didn't deliver. It was okay at times, but seemed to hope you wouldn't notice the plot holes and thin character development by putting out scantily clad actors and actresses and corny jokes. It wasn't the worst movie I've watched recently, but not really worth most people's time.

• Jan 30, 2020

If I could give it less than half a star I would.

If I could give it less than half a star I would.