For Love of the Game Reviews

• Mar 14, 2019

A very nice love story built around the game of baseball. This is a great couples movie, as it has entertainment for both sexes. Comedy, drama, sports, and romance.

• Aug 04, 2018

This is a great American Classic movie... not only because it is family friendly, but also because it is about baseball. I would recommend this movie to game lovers. It also has a bit of romance in the movie which would make it a good date night movie.

• Dec 12, 2016

My favorite baseball movie of all time

My favorite baseball movie of all time

• Sep 16, 2016

One of the best films ever made. Kevin Costner, Kelly Preston & John C. Reilly turned a cheezy baseball film about an old player fighting to keep his job and stay in the game, into a deep and complex tour of the human experience of discovering love and the challenges one must overcome to fight to keep it. Absolutely changed how romantic, comedic dramas have been made since. Truly a revolutionary film!

• Jul 09, 2016

A favorite of the the husband and I. "No but we can still be friends!" Hahaha

A favorite of the the husband and I. "No but we can still be friends!" Hahaha

• Oct 28, 2015

Just watch the baseball scenes.

Just watch the baseball scenes.

• Aug 22, 2015

Those flashbacks will drive you nuts. As if baseball didn't drag on long enough, almost every inning or out of that Yankees game is punctuated by a memory.

• Jul 24, 2015

Though not as regarded as Costner's more beloved Field of Dreams, this is a solid baseball flick.

• May 24, 2015

As a baseball movie it's watchable but as a romance it's horrible,,,,the weakest of Costner's baseball trilogy.

• Oct 10, 2014

Overly long,overly soppy and the presence of baseball doesn't really help. Why did I watch it? Simple: Kevin Costner.