Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Reviews

• Aug 11, 2019

Good sequel. Story and characters are solid as is the acting. The thing that keeps it from a great movie is the pacing and editing. Its fast pace during both the monologues and action scenes unlike the 1st film which took it's time. Probably why its only 95 minutes before the credits but it could've been about 15 minutes longer like the 1st film so you can really experience the scenes instead of just moving on to the point. Also some of the dialogue is hard to hear because of the music. I think if they had released it 3 or 4 years after the 1st and put in a bit more effort it could've been great. At least it isn't The Spirit. 6.5/10 but I'd round it to 7/10 since I'm a big fan of the original which still after 14 years remains timeless. Also, if you plan on watching both films do yourself a favor and watch a Dame to Kill for first then the orignal since both Marv and Dwight's stories are chronologically set before the Orignal. Plus, ending on a high note is always better.

• Jul 31, 2019

vulgar and violent film where the mystery is not there because it is all based on a huge violence both physical and psychological against all the characters present. The plot is, however, very solid and compact

• Feb 25, 2019

Excellent movie!!! I loved how it was narrated, I loved how it was shot, I loved the grotesques action scenes, and I loved how the stories were interwoven together to make for a great movie!!!

• Jan 27, 2019

I think the criticisms are harsh, it wasn't as good as the first movie, but it never was going to be, it is still enjoyable comic book madness where timelines and continuity take a back seat to enjoyable short stories.

• Jan 16, 2019

It's a sequel that no one asked for, but I'm sure glad we got it. Yes it's not as good as the original and yes the story could be a whole lot better. This movie is still packed with pulp violence and cheesy noir aesthetic to make any Frank Miller comic book nerd blush.

• Jan 14, 2019

I do not think I am big fan of this style of movies. The visuals are great, but the fast pace of character switching and trying to keep up with all characters and how some characters just disappear and others enter later make the whole movie confusing. The cast is pretty impressive though.

• Dec 22, 2018

Robert Rodriguez seems to be no good at making sequels. Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003) was terrible, and this film isn't much better. The first Sin City (2005) was magnificent, and will become a classic in years to come. And will this flick boasts the same epic stylish visuals, that made it's predecessor so good, and upgrades the bloody violence, it just doesn't have the same swagger to it. The interlocking stories just become tedious after a while and lack creativity, as they all end up in a gory mess. It gives the film much more of a dull feel to it, rather than a neo-noir touch. Overall, it's not awful, but it was disappointing and is no where near as good as the first movie...

• Nov 12, 2018

While the film gives a very interesting and unique visual style, "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" doesn't provide much interesting character work.

• Nov 02, 2018

Not the greatest or most necessary movie, but it still has a great style and an amazing cast.

• Sep 24, 2018

It is lacking. It just feels like leftovers of the first movie. Scraps thrown together. It's still okay as far as the style and look of it, but the stories are lacking. 5.4 out of 10