Freddy vs. Jason - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Freddy vs. Jason Reviews

November 19, 2016
Calling all fans of the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street franchises, Freddy Vs. Jason delivers a must-see showdown between two of horror's most beloved, iconic villains that anchors its gory delights with a solidly written story, a cast who contribute game performances and a personalized retelling of its subjects' origins.
November 2, 2016
I enjoyed Freddy vs Jason but it was only "good" at best. It has some really good parts from both Jason and Freddy. The fight scenes seem weird in some parts. I just have the feeling one of them could have killed the other much earlier in the movie. If you like Jason Vorhees and/or Freddy Kreuger, you should definitely check it out! I rate it 6/10 OR 3/5
½ October 31, 2016
A fun and entertaining movie between two of horrors most iconic characters.
October 31, 2016
At this point, who really cares about continuity, I guess. Jason's survived being blown to bits by a SWAT team, boiled in toxic waste, drug to hell by demons and disintegrated in the atmosphere. Freddy's been crushed, impaled, pipe bombed, stripped of his powers and forgotten. It isn't the first time we've set aside preceding stories for the sake of the next one, and in this case it's given a pass for the sake of a titular clash of legends. Only they don't actually clash until the final twenty minutes, and even then it's a bit underwhelming. Their heavyweight brawls deliver a few brief moments of awesome, but there's always something restraining these monsters, holding them back from really cutting loose, and the big climax is predictably open-ended. In keeping with both franchises, most of our story revolves around a tribe of empty-minded teens. Slowly, prophetically unraveling the plot, their numbers are whittled down until a pair of strong-willed survivors finally decide to fight back. The greater saga is a bit over-reaching, introducing and abandoning several pointless subplots, but it does a fair enough job of intertwining two distinct franchises and granting legitimate reasons for Freddy and Jason to cooperate and, later, throw down. It's trashy fun, loaded up with fan service and gruesome killings. Big and dumb and cringe-worthy, spiritually compatible with both legacies, and basically all it needed to be. I've seen much worse.
October 16, 2016
Knowing what this genre is, it's entertaining. The acting is bad the premise is nonsensical, but it is entertaining. The main flaw w/the story is trying to rationalize what/how/why Freddy & Jason exists & what/how/why they function... to come up w/some way the two can tackle one another...that's the problem.There isn't supposed to be a rational or an Achilles heel, understanding to one another. Average teenagers were never meant to get up close to 'handle' either one of the two. Sigh... Story being horribly flawed... It was decent to watch. It's mostly action than it is thrills & more gore than it is horror.
½ October 9, 2016
This movie definitely is big in Slasher movie history! First movie were two of the icons meet. I definitely liked this movie except for one thing. It was more of a nightmare on elm street movie then a Friday the 13th. In the end this was a great film even though the director hasn't seen any of their previous films.
October 5, 2016
Still my favorites in the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise.
September 30, 2016
Every slasher movie fans' dream come true. In all its cheesy gory glory.
September 7, 2016
Not particularly bad and it entertains well and you can tell that's totally what they were going for making this film. They threw some neat ideas in there, and while the acting wasn't the greatest, it is still a much appreciated attempt in my books.
½ August 23, 2016
Annoying characters, confusing plot and storyline, bad effects, and much more but it does have some parts of good moments.
August 13, 2016
Another horror movie that seems like all the others in most areas except it has the 2nd greatest horror icon (Jason Voorhees) and the worst (Freedy). (4/10)
August 5, 2016
I have to say when i first saw this movie when i was 6, i really enjoyed it. I thought that now sees i'm grown up i still think it is still very good and there should be a sequel, but i don't think it would work if they don't have Robert Englund as Freddy. I don't get why some fans weren't happy with Kane Hodder not reprising his role as Jason, although it wasn't his fault, it was up to the director. But i don't think there is a difference on who plays a masked murderer because he doesn't have to speak. The only thing i wouldn't of liked if Robert Englund didn't reprise his role as Freddy Krueger, that would only be the thing i would be upset about.
July 18, 2016
The match up that many people had been waiting for! It's not really that great of a movie if you don't treat it like a genre entry, but it is admittedly a fun little guilty pleasure. Plus, it's great seeing two major horror titans go at it, just like in the monster mash movies of old. Freddy Kruger is no longer the menace he once was, so he goes through a hair-brained scheme to regain control on Elm Street. He uses Jason Vorhees, tricking poeple into thinking it's really Freddy. Problem is, Jason won't stop, so Freddy has to go in and handle things himself. The film delivers with the gore, but a lot of the humor is very hit and miss, with plenty of obnoxious groaners and annoying moments. The effects are at least well done, and I liked how they did deliver a good showdown, and, as far as the ending goes, well, that's probably the best possible way they could have done it since it would have been impossible to please everyone. Bottom line, if you like Freddy or Jason, then give it a watch.
July 15, 2016
I think the problem I have with "Freddy VS Jason" is that I had very high hopes for it. I'm an enormous fan of both franchises and I was hoping for an all-out brawl between the two villians. Re-viewing it, it's not nearly as bad as I remember but not nearly as great as it should've been either.
July 11, 2016
Horror fans had been waiting years for this. It did not disappoint!
½ July 11, 2016
This film is terrible and so predictible but it's still fun to see my two favorite slasher icons go at it. The film tries to make you care about characters that you just can't care for but it makes up for it with the epic conclusion with the two icons battling to the death!
½ July 10, 2016
And now, we are at something probably every single kid from the 90's was waiting for: Freddy Vs Jason. Honestly, I can't tell you how long I have been waiting for this, and I'm just glad it's finally here. This film is not difficult at the slightest, it's actually, really basic. Basically, Freddy Krueger from the A Nightmare On Elm Street franchise and Jason Voorhees from the Friday The 13th franchise face off in a brutal fight. I'm not talking about a normal fistfight, they literally put their weapons through each other's face. That's basically what to expect from this film. Throughout the entire thing, I had a really fun time watching Freddy and Jason beat the living crap out of each other. If you can watch a film without criticizing its bad quality and have a fun time overall, you will really enjoy this movie like I did. Nothing great, but extremely enjoyable.
½ July 9, 2016
Freddy vs Jason is a fun, entertaining, albeit a poorly acted film. Freddy needs to make kids fear him again so he decides to get Jason's help to make them fear again. The opening scene of Freddy is outstanding and the ending is very entertaining. This is definitely not a great movie, but it is still entertaining.
jamrcla
½ July 6, 2016
A slasher crossover between two heavyweights in horror and it works well, It's a typical story with horny teenagers but for once they're not the main focus and it's set up for a gory and action packed fight, Ok none of them can die so they're just fighting for the hell of it, Great film if you like their films, Plus it's not as corny or silly as you think it would be.
May 26, 2016
I think they did a pretty good job with mixing the 2 franchises together.the acting isn't good at all and the characters aren't anything special but,good plot.I didn't like all of the CGI and I think that it was unnessesary.They definitely could've developed the characters a lot more. It is my least favorite ( besides remake ) in the nightmare franchise.

5/10