Freddy vs. Jason - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Freddy vs. Jason Reviews

February 17, 2018
It may not live up to expectations or the high bars set by each franchise's original film, but Freddy vs Jason is still a satisfyingly and brutally entertaining crossover. The opening successfully draws from the set ups in Jason Goes to Hell and Freddy Goes to Hell, the build up is reasonably paced, and the climactic fight is one of the best horror movie showdowns ever put to film. Unfortunately, most of the other characters are shallow and hard to pretend to care about, although Will and Mark are fun characters.
February 15, 2018
Campy fun, violently fun Vs fight scenes and a clever ending. A treat for fans! Ignore the main lead who can't act and almost ruins the movie, as well as the director's bizarre attempts to make Jason afraid of the water of all things.
½ February 14, 2018
I really like it. I dont care what other think. Its better than your standard Jason film and deeper than your average Freddy film. The soundtrack is also sweet.
February 10, 2018
For a movie fans have wanted since the mid 80's the movie is certainly a treat. The plot revolving around how Freddy and Jason are intertwined is written well, and the movie has unique kills and thrilling moments, with a very satisfying fight between the two horror icons. Some of the characters could have seen better development, but overall people came just to see Freddy and Jason fight, more or less slaughter people. I highly reccomend this movie to anyone who is a fan of either series, as seeing these two duke it out is certainly a treat.
January 15, 2018
Silly generic action horror movie with iconic characters
January 12, 2018
Good crossover movie
January 2, 2018
A much more entertaining entry for horror fans but still a bit of a let down. The film is aimed at a younger audience and although a fun watch, it falls flat in delivering a satisfactory ending for the long running franchises.
November 15, 2017
This is everything you'd expect from a merger of two of horrors most notorious villains; a bloodbath with double the body count, twice the unrealism, and a mass of talentless actors just waiting to be butchered (most notably Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland). With a very vague and tolerable storyline, this just about passes the credibility line but any fear these bad asses used to strike upon us before bedtime, will soon be replaced by laughter when we begin to recall just how comical and daft this gets.
November 7, 2017
Surprisingly effective film that not only lives up to the hype but manages to be an effective horror film in its own right. The cast is solid across the board, with the main appeal being Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger & Ken Kirzinger as Jason. Englund has a ball in the role, giving one of his best performances as Freddy while Kirzinger's physical stature alone makes for an imposing Jason. Behind the camera, Ronny Yu crafts a fun & often frightening film, that in many ways makes one of the better of both the "Nightmare" & "Friday the 13th" films. The filmmakers come up with an organic way to get these two monsters to both work together and then turn on each other, along with nice nods to previous films. Plus, when the two finally do fight, it is a violent gore-fest to delight fans of both characters. Just a fun film that is better than the hype and downright scary too.
½ November 6, 2017
I think they did a pretty good job with mixing the 2 franchises together.the acting isn't good at all and the characters aren't anything special but,good plot.I didn't like all of the CGI and I think that it was unnessesary.They definitely could've developed the characters a lot more. It is my least favorite ( besides remake ) in the nightmare franchise.

November 3, 2017
I love this movie i know it been out for a long time but one of my fav movies better then BVS bro it is Freddy and Jason
October 29, 2017
Everything I was expecting and a whole lot more. More gory than scary, wonderfully written and it's one hell of a fight! Even though the critics tore this movie apart, it is one of my all time favorites in the genre. People need to learn to just have fun and go with it.
½ October 27, 2017
Let's be honest, the street fight at the end of the movie is why we're all here. Otherwise it's just another Friday / Nightmare movie where a bunch of dumb teenagers who can't act get sliced up for 90 minutes before Freddy and Jason decide to take each other on.
October 26, 2017
After Craven reminded us who Freddy is supposed to be in New Nightmare, we're this throws us right back into the goofy stupidity of the worst of the sequels. Sure, the titular fight & some of the dreams provide some fun, but it takes way too long to get to it. Until then, we're bombarded with horror clichés (closed medicine cabinet reveal), mysterious rules that the dumb kids figure out ridiculously easily, & dated offensiveness (homophobia, sexism, racism). Not the worst, but also not good.
½ October 24, 2017
cheesy special effects, fucking awful characters and a Jason actor that isn't as good as Kane Holder, the only good scenes are Freddy and Jason beating the shit out of each other.
October 22, 2017
If you have not seen any of the other movies don't bother.
October 19, 2017
More of a comedic match up rather then a serious one. Fun and gruesome.
October 9, 2017
This is a fun horror film between Evil vs Evil Fight of the DeathI t's you a fan of Horror genre who likes fighting movies or crossover movies? I highly recommend it. but this is one of my favorite horror crossover film ever
September 24, 2017
It was a letdown. The plot was a mess and the script and acting were awful. The effects were decent and the showdown at the end was fun to watch but other then that it was not a good movie.
½ September 24, 2017
Ronny Yu is such an idiot! He never watch any of the movies of either series and gives Jason a bad actor. He makes Jason the "hero" even though he kills everyone except Mark! And those annoying teenagers are in this movie! Ronny Yu, you failed!