Friday Night Lights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday Night Lights Reviews

½ January 12, 2017
Not As Well Done As Oliver Stone's "Any Given Sunday" But The True Story Thing Gives It Good Gravitass. There Is A Few Good Performances. It Drifts A Couple Of Different Ways In Terms Of Story & Kinda Loses It's Key Focus At Times..Nothing Too Serious, But It Does Take Away Given A Long Running Time.
½ January 10, 2017
Aggressive, but shows off the true sides of the sport. It was an interesting true story of a team that tries just about everything to make it big, even through the pain and suffering of individual players.
December 19, 2016
One of the better football movies since it spends time focusing on the depressing drama surrounding the game and the characters are well-done. At the end of the day it's still about a sport so I wasn't totally engaged.
October 5, 2016
This is a top sports movie. The importance placed on character development, personal growth and the bonds that can be formed on a team, give this story it's soul. Mix that in with the most realistic sports action to ever hit the big screen and you end up with a gritty, thought provoking film. All of you who don't like this movie have obviously never played a team sport. Those of you who have will def find a connection to this tale. Life isn't about winning but the character, experiences, lessons and friendships you find along the way.
September 2, 2016
A must see high school football drama!
July 21, 2016
its an alright football movie
July 14, 2016
Billy Bob Thorton is disgusting
June 29, 2016
excellent as a drama and as a sports movie. great acting all around. It's an eye-opening look at America's obsession with football.
½ June 18, 2016
72%
Saw this on 18/6/16
This is one of the least arousing sports movies that I have seen in recent times all because of the innumerous amount of cliches that plague this movie. Despite lacking a drive or clear character development (except for a few of the characters), this film succeeds in parts because at times its story seem fresh and emotional, but that kind of a feeling does not stay for long while watching this movie. The action in the field seems uninspired on the whole and Peter Berg's direction, though good is not his best.
½ May 26, 2016
Una muy buena historia, de las mejores peliculas de futbol americano que se han hecho, llena de pasion, las escenas de juego y entrenamiento te hacen sentir como se vive en realidad el futbol americano de prepas en USA, altamente recomendable.
April 19, 2016
Billy Bob Thornton is excellent in this. When playing the manager of a sports team it is much easier to go down the drill instructor route and start screaming and shouting. Thornton is mostly calm and calculated but when he does dish it out he let's em have it. A terrific performance. I know nothing about American Egg Chasing but the action sequences looked great and it has a solid soundtrack.
February 22, 2016
Never before has the roller-coaster of raw emotion that is high school sports been captured so accurately on screen. The cast all gives excellent and convincing performances, the plot is realistic and often surprisingly thought-provoking. It all adds up to a heart-wrenching finish that genuinely brought tears to my eyes, something pretty rare for me. This is the greatest football movie ever made, and yes it's even better than Remember the Titans.
January 30, 2016
"I give it a 10 a fucking 10!!"
½ January 11, 2016
Well acted and emotional, FNL is the hardhitting, serious football film audiences have always wished Disney would make, but knew they couldn't. Thorton does a good acting job here, and the film accurately captures the insane pressure a non-industrial town can put on its local high-school football team. The strong southern twang in the dialogue got a bit exhausting for me though.
December 24, 2015
good movie with a nice story. lots of good montages and intense scenes. really shows the love of football. some emotional parts as well, although I thought some of the side stories were unnecessary like the crazy mom (1 viewing)
½ December 15, 2015
There's some wonderful material in the book this film is based on but the movie is mainly interested in showing football games, something Bissinger's well-written book mostly avoided in favour of much more interesting sociological analysis of small town Texas life.
November 9, 2015
Enjoyed the quasi-documentary style filming. A real slice of life.
October 10, 2015
Exciting, Well-Acted, and the drama works. Friday Night Lights will please both Football fans and drama-lovers cause this is a fantastic film that everybody SHOULD see.
September 30, 2015
I've seen probably 99% of all the sports movie ever made. This is probably the best one I've ever watched.