From Russia With Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

From Russia With Love Reviews

Page 1 of 164
January 21, 2017
Bond is back, and he's better this time around. Connery is more comfortable in the role for his second go round. A superb film that is better than the previous chapter and that continues to lay solid foundations for the long running series.
January 8, 2017
A classic Bond film. If you're a fan of the franchise, you'll love this film. It has everything everyone loves about Bond films: an engaging plot and fast, slick action. There's even some humorous moments, typical of these movies. If you're in the mood for a slick, Cold War action thriller, I highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed.
½ January 4, 2017
130917: 2nd Bond Film. Took me a bit to get into the story. Seemed complex after having watched Dr. No. 2nd film in my Bond Blu-Ray series journey. Better quality film which I understand had a much bigger budget. Enjoyed Lotte Lenya's Rosa Klebb and her shoe wielding knife. She's more bad ass than her protege Donald "Red" Grant (Robert Shaw) with whom Bond has a great fight scene with. Actually, Bond fights them both. Daniela Bianchi stars as Tatiana Romanova, the 2nd Bond girl.
½ December 20, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: For me, 'From Russia with Love' defines the Bond movie, as it takes the great spy-mystery that 'Dr No' was and improves upon it in every single way. Starting more light-hearted and humorous than the last, it manages to shake the woodenness of the previous adventure, then after a great build-up it turns properly mysterious and exciting. From here on, the franchise takes some different directions, but 'From Russia with Love' is the film to which I not only compare every Bond, but every spy-thriller there is.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: I have to say Lotte Lenya is just laughable...
VERDICT: 'From Russia with love' is exactly the right balance between exciting, emotional and downright fun. It's a classic, and few films of the genre beat it.
½ December 18, 2016
Más interesante, más entretenida y más sorprendente. Luego del clásico viene una película que supera su expectativa enormemente.

TEMA: La versión instrumental que aparece es algo cautivante pero no muy memorable y se muestra con las primeras siluetas femeninas en créditos de 007, que a pesar de que la vuelven algo desordenada y confusa de leer, resulta atractivo y de guía para las que vendrían después.

AGENTE 007: En esta película consigue mucha más escena como hombre de acción que en la anterior, al ofrecernos más y mejores secuencias de acción, asombrosos momentos de suspenso y sensación de peligro que generan empatía en él y una postura distinguida muy bien conservada. Aquí Connery se luce como 007 en todos los sentidos.

CHICA BOND: Daniela Bianchi es de las mujeres más hermosas que ha tenido Bond, pero aquí no es más que eso como personaje. Aunque daba luz de ser atractiva y cautivante termino representando solo una carga para el agente.

VILLANO: Rosa Klebb, rostro representativo de SPECTRE en esta película, se ve como alguien algo desafiante pero al final no logra llegar al rango de representar un enemigo intimidante o respetable para Bond. Por otra parte el asesino Donal Grant es un rival al nivel de James Bond, idéntico a él en casi todo representa una verdadera amenaza para el agente, como debe ser un buen asesino de la serie, y su pelea final es de los mejores puntos en acción que ha tenido la saga.

Esta película es un gran avance en todos los aspectos y asombra con muchas buenas escenas de acción y tensión que no tuvo la primera y que quedan precisas en la trama. Es una excelente prueba de la calidad de la saga con un protagonista aun más admirable y más representativo. Un gran paso adelante en una película que no sólo es disfrutable, sino también sorprendente en cómo pudo superarse a un enorme nivel.

From Russia with love (1963) Calificación: 8.6/10
November 30, 2016
Beautiful scenery...amusing, no compelling characters for me though
½ November 17, 2016
Not a big a fan of the older Connery Bonds as I feel they haven't aged particularly well but I can appreciate them for what they were at the time.
November 15, 2016
Another early classic in the James Bond franchise. Sean Connery at his very best and in his prime of the ones he starred in. Brilliant to watch in Blu ray.
½ September 13, 2016
Perhaps the purest bond film of all despite it's silly throwaway pre-title sequence.
September 12, 2016
Sean Connery still kicks butt till this day!
½ August 30, 2016
From Russia With Love is one of the best Bond movies, it felt like a real spy film with actual spying going on. It was actually thrilling, and had plenty of awesome action scenes.
½ August 25, 2016
An absolutely smashing adventure that improves on its predecessor with a complex, dark plot and superbly entertaining action and locations, even if the plot can be harder to follow.
½ August 4, 2016
Bonds second venture builds upon everything that it's predecessor had done. Nail biting action, witty dialog and a memorable bond girl, From Russia with Love is a great bond film and one of the best of the Connery days.
½ August 3, 2016
From Russia with Love is one of the best of the Bond series and has a good James Bond preformence by Sean Connery and a good villain played by Robert Shaw and some thrilling and exciting action that improves on the action in Dr. No. This is a thrilling and engaging film with a good ending and a worthy installment in the series.
jamrcla
Super Reviewer
July 29, 2016
I was expecting this one to be way better than it was, After Dr No was good but lacked the action this one is the same except less action, Although this one has more style and the plot was ok although it's over told for what it all comes down to, It's too slow and the ending wasn't nothing to shout about, There was no stand out scene, Sean Connery does well again they just use him wronge, It's far from the worst Bond but there are better ones too.
July 26, 2016
The James Bond film to gather attention of the series, it contains great villains, music, and action of Sean Connery as his finest as the lovable spy
½ July 24, 2016
Connery kills it once again, so does Shaw. This film was the first introduction to Ernst Stavro Blofeld. And I feel that is the only thing done wrong in this film.
July 23, 2016
Often considered one of the best Bond films, From Russia With Love is the first 007 entry I ever saw. A brilliant and superior sequel.
July 10, 2016
10 out of 10:

Packed with as much action and thrills as Dr No, From Russia with Love is a great follow up to the film that started it all.
½ July 8, 2016
I liked Dr. No a little better. Connery is still very entertaining. Loved the pepper spray briefcase. Also loved the cat petting, evil boss who named his people by numbers. Wish I had seen these before Austin Powers.
Page 1 of 164