From Russia With Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

From Russia With Love Reviews

½ September 13, 2016
Perhaps the purest bond film of all despite it's silly throwaway pre-title sequence.
September 12, 2016
Sean Connery still kicks butt till this day!
½ August 30, 2016
From Russia With Love is one of the best Bond movies, it felt like a real spy film with actual spying going on. It was actually thrilling, and had plenty of awesome action scenes.
½ August 25, 2016
An absolutely smashing adventure that improves on its predecessor with a complex, dark plot and superbly entertaining action and locations, even if the plot can be harder to follow.
½ August 4, 2016
Bonds second venture builds upon everything that it's predecessor had done. Nail biting action, witty dialog and a memorable bond girl, From Russia with Love is a great bond film and one of the best of the Connery days.
½ August 3, 2016
From Russia with Love is one of the best of the Bond series and has a good James Bond preformence by Sean Connery and a good villain played by Robert Shaw and some thrilling and exciting action that improves on the action in Dr. No. This is a thrilling and engaging film with a good ending and a worthy installment in the series.
July 29, 2016
I was expecting this one to be way better than it was, After Dr No was good but lacked the action this one is the same except less action, Although this one has more style and the plot was ok although it's over told for what it all comes down to, It's too slow and the ending wasn't nothing to shout about, There was no stand out scene, Sean Connery does well again they just use him wronge, It's far from the worst Bond but there are better ones too.
July 26, 2016
The James Bond film to gather attention of the series, it contains great villains, music, and action of Sean Connery as his finest as the lovable spy
½ July 24, 2016
Connery kills it once again, so does Shaw. This film was the first introduction to Ernst Stavro Blofeld. And I feel that is the only thing done wrong in this film.
July 23, 2016
Often considered one of the best Bond films, From Russia With Love is the first 007 entry I ever saw. A brilliant and superior sequel.
July 10, 2016
10 out of 10:

Packed with as much action and thrills as Dr No, From Russia with Love is a great follow up to the film that started it all.
½ July 8, 2016
I liked Dr. No a little better. Connery is still very entertaining. Loved the pepper spray briefcase. Also loved the cat petting, evil boss who named his people by numbers. Wish I had seen these before Austin Powers.
June 20, 2016
My favorite Bond Film
½ June 13, 2016
Though not the best of Connery's Bond movies, it is definately one of the best of the series.
½ June 11, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Starting more light-hearted and humorous than the last, 'From Russia with Love' manages to shake the woodenness of the previous adventure. Then after a great build-up, it turns mysterious and exciting. This is more fun, tense, cliched and action packed than 'Dr No,' thus making itself an even greater mystery and a worthy sequel to the first.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It's not quite as simple or charming as the first, and Lotte Lenya is just terrible
VERDICT: One of the best Bonds of all time, 'From Russia with love' is all round more exhilarating, exciting and fun than the first.
May 3, 2016
The second Bond movie is sometimes confusing during a first viewing, but the end of the movie clears that confusion up and shows the genius of SPECTRE, and the even more genius of 007. 86 out of 100
½ April 28, 2016
Prob my favorite Bond movie of all time. I love everything about it.
April 21, 2016
This is the 2nd James Bond movie. And it is better then the 1st James Bond movie. Dr. No. The 3rd James Bond movie Goldfinger is better. Still this is a great movie. See it.
April 16, 2016
4/15/2016: It was ok for an older film. Connery is smooth and the women gorgeous.
April 16, 2016
More confidently produced than proto-Bond Dr No, but free of the gadget-driven silliness introduced in Goldfinger, which would come to define the series thereafter. As such, it's kind of an anomaly as Bonds go, but by no means in a bad way. Great performances from Lenya and Shaw as the baddies. Like others from this era, it follows the novel pretty closely, but smooths out some of Fleming's more warped ideas (e.g. Grant's 'red wine with fish' gaffe is addressed as a joke after his true identity is revealed, rather than being the bit of non-English-gentlemanly behaviour that gives him away). Interesting locations, liberal doses of suspense, intrigue, action and humour, plus the original - and still best - Bond train fight, on the Orient Express no less. Terence Young is one of the best Bond directors, and this is his best Bond film.