Gangster Squad - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gangster Squad Reviews

½ August 13, 2016
Please don't waste your time. Awful all around.
½ July 29, 2016
As beautiful as forgettable.
July 28, 2016
oh yeah! the movie is cool, who doesn┤t like to see some badass gangsters shooting each other for 2 hours. but to be honest, that is the only cool thing the movie has. so that┤s not saying much.
July 19, 2016
Despite some mixed reviews I'd figure I wanted to point it...it was pretty good in my eyes.
Sure the script was hokey as best the editing was glossy in some moments. And of course Sean Penn for better or worse comes off over the top as Mickey Cohen.
But its still a popcorn action flick; with flawed moments its still fun and engaging to pop into the blu-ray player once in a blue moon!
July 17, 2016
According to the internet there's something wrong with me, but I actually really liked it.
June 28, 2016
Good, mindless fun is the theme of Gangster Squad. It doesn't do anything new or special, but it provides good action and a plot that is well enough constructed to actually care about at least a little bit. The characters were kind of one dimensional, and I wasn't distraught when a few died. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was a mediocre Zach Snyder film, it just has the look and style to it. Gangster Squad is fun, but it won't do much else for the viewer
June 22, 2016
A pretty cookie cutter gangster movie that doesn't offer too much else. Casting and visuals are all in place, but the entire film feels fake and put together on a set instead of actually taking place in the 40s.
June 9, 2016
Trailer looked great, the concept was exciting, but the movie itself was a disappointment and easily forgotten. It was just boring. I never realized Ryan Goslings voice is so high and annoying.
½ May 31, 2016
If you played L.A. Noire then watch this. If you haven't played that game but have seen Gangster Squad then play it.
Not too serious and a lot of fun, shows that you can turn a noir drama into a vehicle for action with a little taste.
May 24, 2016
One of my secret guilty pleasures. Awful script and inconsistent tone aside the drop dead gorgeous cinematography, slick production design and well done action sequences are a treat for the eyes and senses. At least to me anyway.
May 18, 2016
It's not perfect but it was enjoyable.
May 16, 2016
Day: Thursday
Date: 12 May 2016
Time: 10.00 pm
With: Azeem, Maa
On: HDTV
½ May 11, 2016
This movie was entertaining, I enjoyed action scenes in slow motion. In fact, this film was extremely clich├┬ (C) but doesn't pretend to be a be successful gangster movie. It was just a another "American movie" for entertaining yourself for an hour or two ....
½ April 27, 2016
I love the idea behind Gangster Squad. It has good action and flow, but even with a great cast the characters are underdeveloped.
½ March 21, 2016
I actually really enjoy this. I don't know why it got so much hate. It's fun, action packed, well acted and paced.
March 7, 2016
Classic case of style over substance.
½ February 28, 2016
Not a great movie, but it's still enjoyed it.
½ February 22, 2016
Great cast its funny badass and has a really cool style definitely a must see movie
½ February 20, 2016
It's amazing the amount of talented actors they got to be in the worst movie
½ February 16, 2016
I not really liked it, sometimes even bored. Predictable and weak.