GasLand Reviews

• Jul 15, 2019

useless propaganda. was weak when released...... can be totally ignored now that all the truth has come out. This film is fiction.... and its horrible fiction, at that.

• Nov 01, 2018

Grossly inaccurate and fear mongering.

Grossly inaccurate and fear mongering.

• Sep 27, 2017

When are we going to learn that if we stick crap into the earth, she's gonna spit it out right back at us? And that we're going to end up eating it, drinking it and bathing our children in it? Whether it is garbage in landfills, acid water eating at the foundations of Joburg, or our latest toy, high-pressured, chemically treated, carcinogenic water that is used in the hotly debated fracking practice. It really does make no sense. In a nutshell Josh Fox is approached by an oil company to lease his land to them for fracking. They offer him a lot of money, enough to make him suspicious. He decides to investigate and sets off with video camera in hand to the closest county where fracking is being used. Mood of the film Josh starts out by being merely intrigued by people being able to set their tap water on fire. Soon the reality of the situation sets in and his mood darkens towards despair. Best one-liner A rhetorical question posed by a pro-fracker to Halliburton, the company pioneering fracking: "If you weren't able to do this hydraulic fracturing, how much more would we be dependent on foreign oil? And terrorism?" Best performance Josh is certainly the star of his own documentary, but he is upstaged on a few occasions by some intriguing characters he interviews. I especially enjoyed the auntie keeping dead animals in her freezer as proof. Horrifying scene A farmer uses a blowtorch to heat his well water, water both he and his wife drank. The liquid plastic in the water soon turns to small plastic sheets as it melts together! Negatives Not enough people will see this film. Is the film relevant today? Come on! FYI Visit http://www.stopfracking.co.za to help stop fracking in South Africa.

• Jun 29, 2017

5* because ot the thematic. Absolutely horryfying

5* because ot the thematic. Absolutely horryfying

• Aug 13, 2016

A documentary with a vitally important subject, which probably could have reached a far wider audience with a more experienced director.

• Apr 02, 2016

8/27/16 Netflix An eye opening, Oscar nominated documentary. Scary, disturbing, anger inducing and other adjectives apply here. Corporate greed, political corruption and the exploitation of the citizens is clearly detailed. Finally, there is the conundrum of reliance on foreign aources of energy versus locally produced energy. As an aside there is one more reason presented as to hy Dick Cheny may be the worst human in US history.

• Mar 19, 2016

Interesting, if worrying film.

Interesting, if worrying film.

• Mar 08, 2016

Everything you need to know with respect to truth is not in Gasland but here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTJaaeiuzSU

• Jan 29, 2016

Russian propaganda film spewing mistrust about hydraulic fracturing. Considering the ruskies export tons of gas to Europe, fear is a tool used to prevent fracking from becoming more mainstream.

• Jan 22, 2016

"Gasland" is a surprisingly interesting documentary that presents a concept that, in the wrong hands, can be really boring. But in the hands of Josh Fox, he presents this story in an entertaining and sometimes scary way that is truly engrossing.