Georgia O'Keeffe Reviews

• Apr 07, 2017

Should have been called "Georgia O'Keefe's Marriage." Movie starts when she meets her husband and ends when she leaves him, defining her solely within the context of a poor relationship. Only a few sentences said about her art through entire movie. Drawn-out, dull dialog.

• Apr 07, 2017

Beautifully photographed, each shot composed, juxtaposed and relevant. Not the deepest probing of the angst in the artist's soul, but an excellent record of the pain suffered when art and love will not coincide.

• Apr 07, 2017

64/100. Slow moving but very well acted by Joan Allen and Jeremy Irons. Nicely photographed and of course the wonderful art of Georgia O'Keeffe is a big plus for the movie. I would have liked to see more of that than so much focus on the trials and tribulations of her marriage. The stars and the artwork makes it worthwhile.

• Nov 13, 2014

I liked how this was able to tell this story without falling into the Hollywood trap of showing more skin than necessary.

• Cynthia S Super Reviewer
    Aug 19, 2012

This film should have been called Georgia OKeefe, and Alfred Steiglitz, because all it emphasized was their self absorbed, stormy, relationship and shallow personalities. It had very little to do with artistic content. Never mind all the other strange characters in their lives. It was a shame to waste such a bland script on such great actors as Jeremy Irons, and Joan Allen. This movie just seemed to me to lack substance..

• Dec 06, 2011

Well done biopic on one of the most influential and well known artists of the 20th century. Greatly acted by the entire cast, particularly Allen and Irons who really bring O'Keeffe and Stieglitz to life in an extremely accurate way. Covering O'Keeffe's entire artistic career, director Balaban creates an intimate portrait that really captures the complexity, strength and vulnerability of O'Keeffe and how her personal life influenced her art. The script is great, really getting into the deeper meaning of O'Keeffe's work and its influence on the artistic community. As is so common in these artist biopics however, it tends to focus more on a rocky relationship rather than the artist themselves. I realize that O'keeffe's relationship with Stieglitz was an important aspect of her life, but it is held in too much significance here. I do wish the film was a little longer as it gets a little crammed towards the end. Other than that, I have no major complaints about the film. Very well done and very powerful.

• Oct 06, 2011

• Jun 15, 2011

Having admired her Art, I enjoyed learning why I should also admire this Strong Woman

• Jun 08, 2011

Excellent biopic... although I could have kept watching for at least 30 more minutes: more art, more scenery, from where her inspiration came from, a glimpse to her childhood? Superb performances from both Joan Allen and Mr. Jeremy Irons... and a delight to the eye with such amazing colors!

• May 10, 2011

Great acting, my type story,someone special, beautiful pic with the great lines unforgettable.