Geostorm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Geostorm Reviews

August 20, 2018
Wow, this was bad. Didn't even have the fun of Day After Tomorrow. The "science" elements were mind-numbingly dumb. I'm not a scientist and even I couldn't buy into that gobbledygook.
August 18, 2018
There are not NEARLY enough cool effects to make up for the incredibly boring plot and often hard to follow lines. Also, what was even the point of the 'commander' character? She added nothing to this movie and her line delivery was juvenile. Just SUCH a boring movie- I only gave it a full star because I managed to watch the whole thing, which must count for something.
½ August 16, 2018
Geostorm stars Gerard Butler as the main character, Ed Harris as the Secretary of State and Andy Garcia as the President of the United States. What can I say about this disaster flick it was a disaster in every which way...the acting, direction, and plot was very underwhelming. Even with Brockheimer on board to fix this mess he couldn't even save this movie. The plot reminded me of The Core meets Armageddon, someone had to stay behind to shutoff the station manually. This shit gets old very quickly. I hated it from beginning to the very end. Skip this one completely.
August 15, 2018
While flawed in its propaganda beginning and ending, "Geostorm" is nonetheless a fun, exciting and very entertaining disaster-conspiracy thriller film. The acting, the plot, the brilliant special effects - even the film's occasional sense of humour. It's a fun watch.
August 13, 2018
catastrophe.shit cubed.
August 10, 2018
Wow is crazy , so happy i have boxxy software where i can watch everything for free
August 7, 2018
This is the beat movie I have seen in years about science and space since amagedon. What the he'll is rotten tomato thinking giving a film of this magnitude 14%. Please go edit this rating right away..I check your ratings before I watch a new movie, thank God I did not for this movie. Your rating is absolutely wrong on this movie. I score them 100%. Perfect movie
August 7, 2018
Absolute trash, you saved the World by rebooting a computer? Yah no thanks, couldn't even be saved by some pretty strong actors.
½ August 6, 2018
It's a poor movie, no doubt about it. However its not the worst disaster movie out there but its not quite what I expected. It lacks in the effects it was advertising, the acting on show is also very disappointing.
½ August 5, 2018
If it was a disaster film parody / spoof it would be brilliant. It isn't; just a load of contrived nauseating rubbish with a laughable script and plot. Possibly the worst mega budget film ever made. It's so bad, really so bad, that you can't even get to the "so bad it's good". The achievement is going beyond rotten and into a compost heap of petrifying mush.
August 2, 2018
This movie is f ing trash It ruined my imagination my life anything I ever thought about life was gone it is so bad that 14 is nice when I think about this movie I wanna die.
August 1, 2018
I think this is an awesome movie. Great cast. It's full of action and awesome effects. This is a movie you can watch several times and discover something new each time cause there's sooo much going on. Some critics has given this movie bad credits. The reason? Well... To cut it short : They've used words like not realistic and over the top. My answer to them? IT'S A MOVIE F. C. L. NOT A DOCUMENTARY. Category ACTION Science FICTION. If you're in to that category of movies then see it. You won't regret it.
August 1, 2018
i saw this a lot in the cinema both in 2-d and 3-d. both very entertaining. though i am sure it was more fun for true Butler fans because of the many 'easter eggs' but still enjoyable for anyone who is not a 'profession critic and paid to hate everything. i did notice most of you do not have photo ids. too ashamed to show your faces/ geostorm was fun. it was awesome. i needed the earth side moments to steady my pulse rate and blood pressure. if you aren't working to find something wrong it is quite the ride. as i said i saw it A lot!!! in the cinema and purchased the blu-ray on release date. now that it's on premium channels i watch every time it comes around. this is my newest favourite Butler film until they release Keepers. i'm living in the cinema for that one. all of the lassies were gorgeous, the only problem i saw was jim sturgess over acting and over eating the scenery. loved ute!! and i know in my heart that she and jake had a thing.
August 1, 2018
Really enjoyed, great visuals and drama. Really exciting, have to disagree with the critics on this one - well worth a watch!
½ July 28, 2018
It was an alright movie.
½ July 28, 2018
It should have been a decent movie, the acting was not at fault. It was like watching cliff notes of an outline without any content. Wondering if it was written this way or just too much editing. The characters and plot never developed leaving a lot of holes and basically not caring at all about the characters, their lives or relationships.
July 28, 2018
What a disaster this movie is. The only reason it got a thumbs up in Netflix is because it's classified science fiction, which is one of my preferred genres.
½ July 26, 2018
2.5* So many laugh-out-loud moments. Wait, it wasn't a comedy? Oh, no... that's not a good sign... Now on Netflix AU.
½ July 21, 2018
Trumptard goes bezerk tries to destroy the world. Worth watching for free on Cinemax. ??
½ July 14, 2018
Utterly rubbish! Huge leaps in script and believability... probably one of the worst films I've seen with so many usually discerning actors. Holes in the script so big that the entire film wouldn't score higher than an F in 1sr grade