Ghost of Frankenstein Reviews

• Jun 19, 2020

Venturing more into B-Movie territory here. Still a good movie though. A decent entry in the series.

• Mar 18, 2020

3/5. It's the worst of the four Frankenstein movies partially because of the low budget, but it's a fun enough film, even if it's very short.

• Jun 10, 2019

When Ygor brings the Monster to Dr. Ludwig Frankenstein for care, Ludwig gets the idea of replacing the Monster's current criminal brain with a normal one. Summary: Just could not get into this film as the Boris Karloff was not The Monster.

• Feb 01, 2019

The best movie score ever composed!

The best movie score ever composed!

• Aug 05, 2018

This is where we have come in this franchise, to a contrived rehash of the preceding three films with a terrible, cheesy plot. All the characters have been downgraded and Ygor is more of a super villain that belongs in Superman comic books at this time period. Utter trash that will make a great time if you are drunk. I miss Boris Karloff as the monster.

• Nov 01, 2017

All the complexities of Frankenstein's monster have been reduced to just that, plain monstrosity. A horribly contrived plot just to wake the beast up and hope for cheap thrills on screen. He's there for the sake of another movie, nothing else. Ygor is the original Michael Myers; hang him, shoot him, blow him up, he thrives.

• Oct 25, 2016

Way better than I was expecting. Better that Son of

Way better than I was expecting. Better that Son of

• Oct 05, 2016

This isn't a bad Frankenstein film. It's just not up to the standards of the previous entries. Lugosi's Ygor is solid. But Chaney fails to deliver in ways Karloff did. Karloff was far more expressive than Chaney is. And our Dr. Frankenstein is nowhere near as compelling or memorable as Colin Clive or Basil Rathbone. Still, it's well paced and competently directed.

• Mar 07, 2016

'Ghost of Frankenstein' is a classic Horror film. This, film shares some traits of horror sequels; exciting, fun and completely original.

• Feb 08, 2016

Not a prestigious Frankenstein picture.

Not a prestigious Frankenstein picture.