Gifted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gifted Reviews

August 16, 2017
A truly great movie for any parent. the only part that weighs on my mind is not related to the acting, directing, writing or all around presentation. I found one thing more ironic then troubling. we are watching a movie about a man trying to keep a talented young girl out of the spotlight to give her a normal life. all being portrayed by a talented young girl being put in the spotlight and as we all know as child stars go not quite the normal life. Something to think about... I am in no way advocating that children do not starting movies.... children have given us some of the best performances on screen two date. I just wonder if the writer of the movie or the director ever recognized the irony of it all. but all in all a fantastic movie
August 15, 2017
Very good movie involving a little girl genius being raised by her uncle, after her mother dies.
Good acting, suspenseful and an excellent character study.
One of the sleepers of the year!
Grade A-
½ August 14, 2017
A beautiful story with a fantastic cast. I absolutely loved the ending.
August 12, 2017
The focus is more on the custody battle than the kid's talents which makes the title misleading. They could have made a modern day Little Man Tate but they missed their chance and the movie is just your standard tearjerker family drama. Lindsay Duncan steals the show as the grandmother who wants her granddaughter to show the world her talents.

Grade: B-
August 12, 2017
Gifted is a simple but amazing movie. McKenna Grace's performance was absolutely stunning. We can get easily emotional with the storyline because the acting feels so real. However, I think the movie was a little rushed and there could have been more scenes that explained the story better.
August 11, 2017
Touched a nerve...ergo: worthwhile.
½ August 11, 2017
McKenna Grace que talento!!!
½ August 10, 2017
A Simple sweet story, worth watching, just need to keep telling yourselves Chris Evans is not Captain America
August 10, 2017
Perfect writing, perfect casting, everything about this movie was done perfectly.
August 10, 2017
straight forward yet entertaining
½ August 9, 2017
I'm not a Chris Evans fan but despite his gloominess throughout the movie I actually thought he was a good actor. I liked the story too but the little girl was, I'm sorry to say, quite annoying.
August 8, 2017
Very emotional. Such a feel good movie.
August 7, 2017
Didn't want it to end... only slight issue is the ending seemed rushed
August 7, 2017
This was a great movie with a good message. Highly recommended
August 6, 2017
This one is a tear-jerker. A heartfelt masterpiece. Chris Evans reveals his ability to be a well-rounded actor in this film and really shows why he is one of my favorite actors. McKenna Grace is such a cutie with a dash of feistiness in this movie and has a bright career ahead of her. The storyline, although predictable, was great and the life lessons integrated into the script was what made this movie a 4 star drama.
½ August 6, 2017
Excellent movie! Very heartfelt and inspiring. The only letdown was that it WASN'T based on a true story!!
August 6, 2017
The story was fresh, the acting amazing, it was fun and heart-wrenching, and I loved it!
½ August 6, 2017
Pretty good... that's it
August 6, 2017
Pretty darn good. Pulled at my heart strings a few times
August 5, 2017
Love this movie!!! I highly recommend it! Great cast great story. Can't wait to add this movie to my home theater.