Glass Reviews

• 21h ago

Not the typical Marvel kind of Superhero movie. The tone and take on the superheros were really brilliant. The pace of the movie could have been better. Definetely a worthy sequel and a good ending to the Eastrail 177 trilogy.

• 4d ago

Worth the watch, but expected more from it

Worth the watch, but expected more from it

• 5d ago

Review: ‘Glass' is a psychological-thriller film directed by M. Night Shyamalan. It is a crossover and sequel to Shyamalan's previous films ‘Unbreakable' (2000) and ‘Split' (2016), serving as the final installment in the ‘Unbreakable' trilogy. I'm going to try my hardest to keep all spoilers out of this review, but I do need to say that this particular movie is a hard one to review with having any to tread carefully. In a series of escalating encounters, former security guard David Dunn uses his supernatural abilities to track Kevin Wendell Crumb, a disturbed man who has twenty-four personalities. Meanwhile, the shadowy presence of Elijah Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men. Where this movie really shines is the acting, primarily James McAvoy. It's great to see Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson reprising their roles as David Dunn and Mr. Glass. As I mentioned in my review for Split James McAvoy was robbed of an Oscar nomination for his performance in that movie and he was the star of the show in this film once again. I haven't seen Bruce Willis like he was in this movie in a long time, and it shows that he cares about this character. I absolutely hated Sarah Paulson in this movie, I know you're not supposed to like the character she plays per say, but she didn't fit in with this cast at all and her acting was definitely not up to par. The first and second acts of this movie were pretty good for the most part. The first act focuses on David Dunn and what he has been up to since we last saw him in Unbreakable. The second act was more about Kevin a.k.a The Hord and we see more personalities that we didn't get to see in Split, and it shows how he can be controlled while in the hospital. Now as for the third act, which is supposed to be the ultimate finale of this built up trilogy fell flat, and the film got rather boring for me. Mr. Glass, our title character, didn't even speak or do anything until we were over an hour into the film. While they were in the institution David Dunn was basically forgotten about to the institution David Dunn was basically forgotten about to the point where I almost forgot he was completely in the movie. Although I do like some parts of the third act, the last 25 minutes really tanked, and left me utterly frustrated. The way the arcs of these three characters end is insulting to me especially David Dunn. No spoilers, like I said, but if you see the movie, you'll understand what I'm talking about. There is one big reveal that I liked but beyond that, this film's ending was a huge misfire. Overall, this movie wasn't an outright bad movie. It's super frustrating how it had all of this build up over two amazing film and this is the end we are left with. Glass was a very disappointing ending to an otherwise brilliant film. Not a lot of people will be happy with this review and that's fine. Like Vince Vaughn says in Couple Retreat. "I know my truth". 3/5

• Nov 15, 2019

Complete opposite of the critics. It was a wonderful movie with great uses of cinematography and acting. I loved the movie in its entirety.

• Nov 13, 2019

Very well done with a good climax.

Very well done with a good climax.

• Nov 10, 2019

braindead stupid, without any tension or fun.

braindead stupid, without any tension or fun.

• Nov 10, 2019

It's very dissapointing. I wish I never watched this movie. Such a terrible way to conclude a great franchise. This is the same as GoT. It had potential to be something great, yet the director decided tjat it should go to the sewer.

• Nov 08, 2019

This really didn't work for me. It could have been a fine film and excellent conclusion, but the whole set-up was obtuse and unfortunate. There was a great story to tell. This wasn't it.

• Nov 02, 2019

On attend à ce qui ce passe quelque chose mais il ne se passe rien. Les héros passe pour des fous.

• Oct 31, 2019