Gotcha! Reviews

• Jun 02, 2020

For its time (mid-80's Cold War America), this is a fun spy-fi on a collegiate level about a innocent student who - through his love of paint ball - gets thrust into the real world of espionage and intrigue. As I teen, the film seemed like filler between nude scenes of Linda Fiorentino. Now, the film seems like filler between nude scenes of Linda Fiorentino. And that's not really a bad thing, I suppose.

• Nov 24, 2019

This cold war themed film is entertaining & fun to watch. Is it dated? Yes, but the 80s are in again & the chemistry between the two leading actors is great. I highly recommend it if you want to see a spy flick, romcom. Also, I love the theme song.

• Dec 01, 2018

Nothing particularly horrible about this movie; nothing particularly good about it, either.

• Aug 12, 2018

Linda Fiorentino was a head turner, and that can not be ignored. Red Foreman as a KGB agent is funny. However the movie doesn't really have any value as a comedy or thriller, it's neither, so it's nothing.

• Dec 18, 2017

Decent movie about a kid that goes to France and meets an agent who gets him involved in some cloak and dagger.

• Feb 19, 2017

One of my all time favorite movies. This teenage comedy thriller never takes itself too serious and it's this lightness which makes it so fun. The movie starts with a "suspenseful" scene of the gotcha game which quickly turns comic and sets the tone for the rest of the movie. A sexy and young Linda Fiorentino is the icing on this cake.

• Apr 18, 2016

College student whose a paintball gun expert gets mixed up in espionage plot while visiting Europe.

• Nov 22, 2013

UCLA college student Jonathan Moore (Anthony Edwards) is playing a game called "Gotcha", wherein the players are all assigned a mock "hit" on another player by use of a harmless paintball gun. Moore and his apartment roommate Manolo (Nick Corri) goes on a much wanted vacation to Paris, France and the plan is to go to Spain a bit later. Manolo is a ladies man compared to Jonathan, and soon enough he disappears with a girl leaving Jonathan to himself. After touring some of Paris, Jonathan meets Sasha Banicek (Linda Fiorentino), a Czechoslovakian girl in a cafe. The two falls for each other and they spend a lot of time together. Jonathan decides then to leave Manolo (who is heading to Spain) and go with Sasha to West Berlin as she has explained that she is a courier and she will do some quick business there. What Jonathan thought was a great love story developing soon becomes a deadly game with both soviet agents and CIA agents on his trail... Ah, what a treat it was to re-see this great 80´s movie! The mix of the Cold War and college/frat life is intriguing and it works when you have someone like Anthony Edwards in the lead. He´s perfect as Jonathan Moore constantly with a glimpse in his eyes in a mix with his dramatic scenes. Back then I was madly in love with Linda Fiorentino and I´m still. Great actress with a seductive glow you simply can´t avoid. And the pairing of Edwards/Fiorentino works well and the two has a great sparkle between them. Klaus Löwitsch is also a great asset to the cast as the soviet agent Vlad. All in all "Gotcha" is an entertaining teen drama with an international twist, but yet with a slightly unusual script. Trivia is that the real-life "Gotcha!" live-action game, like in this movie, has been popular on a number of US college campuses. Many universities actually have an actual "Gotcha! Guild" club or society which co-ordinates games for its participants.

• Oct 11, 2013

another great movie. I love linda florentino

another great movie. I love linda florentino

• Apr 21, 2013

An innocent caught in international espionage - its simplicity has stayed with me over the years...Never forgot its action!