Gothika - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gothika Reviews

½ September 18, 2017
Serviceable enough, though bringing nothing new to the table. There was something faintly grating about both the dialogue and the direction, but there Berry's performance managed to hold it together so it wasn't to arduous a watch.
½ August 21, 2017
Good flick with enough scares and twists to keep you interested. Does what it says on the tin!
August 16, 2017
Scary! Scary! Scary! That's what I have to say about this film.
July 24, 2017
Not a terrible movie. It definitely hasn't aged as well as others
March 20, 2017
Halle Berry is a terrible actress & has never made a decent flick outside of the first two X-Men films
March 6, 2017
So why do the call it "Gothika"? What did I miss?
January 9, 2017
Like a place I visited in 2016
December 21, 2016
Excelent suspens et très bon jeux de l'actrice
½ June 12, 2016
Terrible movie! Same story! So predictable
April 16, 2016
I watched this film after I got it for my birthday and I really thought that Gothika had good suspense, hidden secrets and exceptionally amazing scares.
January 16, 2016
Wicked, twisted and fucking great
½ November 18, 2015
Despite convincing performances, Gothika's storyline descends into an absurd menagerie of twists and turns and loses most of its fright factor along the way.
½ November 11, 2015
Halle Berry's performance, psychological questioning, and atmospheric cinematography all help to make Gothika an effectively creepy thriller.
October 4, 2015
An intriguing set up transforms in a thriller that runs by the numbers, but some scenes are worthwhile. Gothika delivers some fright.
September 17, 2015
Hilariously bad, it's indeed one of those "so bad it's good" movies! C+
August 14, 2015
Excellent murder mystery
July 10, 2015
Just a tiresome viewing experience.
½ June 11, 2015
Gothika is genuinely chilling but ultimately too silly for me to recommend. Would the psychiatric ward really take in their own psychologist if she was accused of murdering her husband? If the ghost is good, why is she slamming Halle Berry against the walls? Also, why does the ghost blow fire out of her hands?

This is all very entertaining, nonetheless, but it's just too flawed.
April 14, 2015
An awesome film......
April 3, 2015
Interesting idea, not quite sure if it works, particularly by the end. Did seem to be a lot of unnecessary running around by Halle Berry.
The actually story was quite good, although at times couldn't figure out why the ghost was such a b* to Halle when she was trying to help her. You do find out the connection at the end, and it is horrible.
My mother picked this on Netflix to watch and I will admit to some eye rolling, and probably last movie I would have picked (which isn't actually saying a lot), but actually it wasn't entirely awful.