Gotti - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gotti Reviews

½ October 20, 2018
I expected this film to be "so bad it's good" - but it was just plain bad. Fifteen minutes in, I was completely lost - and I was a teenager when these events were actually taking place in the news. This may be the worst movie that I have ever seen in my life. It was a complete and total waste of two hours.
October 20, 2018
it had some good parts and wasn't terrible, just mediocre. Since I have Italian in me, it's always nice to watch films like these.
½ October 19, 2018
closet fanook trying to play a badass gangster does't really work for anyone, what a waste of the 10 minutes i could stand to watch this terrible excuse for a movie
October 14, 2018
This is a must watch great acting I feel like the actors captured the essence of the characters very well. The film captured a storyline of who John Gotti was and how the mafia life revolves around certain set of rules and at the same time how some may break those rules. It also captures and illustrator who John Gotti was as a father not just as a mobster in my opinion this is a must watch; however, everyone has their own opinion but it's worth a watch if you asked me. Great film, personally I watched it already a good seven times and I'm currently watching it as I write this right now.
½ October 10, 2018
"Audiences loved Gotti"
Well, that ain't true, this movie sucks meow.
½ October 10, 2018
Much like the Actual John Gotti, it's all surface and no substance. Making Gotti look like a righteous hero in a world that is out to get him is a direction one would expect from a production taking orders from the Gotti Family. Also, who thought it was a good idea to let Pitbull do the soundtrack? The original pieces of costume was the best part of it.
½ October 7, 2018
Painfully terrible. What was Travolta thinking?
October 6, 2018
Not a great film or even a very unique one, but certainly not as horrendous as the critics would have you believe, Gotti took 8 years, 44 producers and 4 directors to reach the big screen, and it shows. The film never feels coherent, jumping around between different time frames for no good reason. Many scenes feel like they were directed by different people and the end result is like a quilt assembled by 40+ people, stitched together in a seemingly random manner. Travolta's performance is far from his best, but I really admired how much he invested in the character, how much he threw himself into the scenes and how he never appears to be slacking. Its just a shame that the script gives him nothing to do other than cycle through all the typical gangster clichés. There's nothing here you won't have seen in films like The Godfather and Goodfellas. In fact the gunning down of Gotti's boss looks suspiciously similar to Vito Corleone's attempted assassination in the former. It's not terrible, but it never aspires to any kind of grandeur or profundity, content instead with being a collection of foul-mouthed gangsters saying and doing lots of very typical gangster things. I think the critical drumming was a little harsh, and it's not by any means the worst film I've seen this year, or even this month, but unless you have an interest in John Gotti and his criminal legacy, there's not much here to recommend.
½ October 5, 2018
well lets just say its not exactly goodfellas.......thats the nicest thing i can say about it
½ October 4, 2018
Horrible. Gotti released in the 90s starring Armand Assanti by far is the best portrail i have seen to date
October 2, 2018
I give John Travolta credit for giving it his best shot. I thought he did a good job considering the material he had to work with. I have seen worse.
½ October 2, 2018
Really liked it, not sure why the bad reviews.
October 2, 2018
An under appreciated masterpiece that manages to pass the high bar set by The Godfather. John Travolta's electryfying performance is complemented by the most realistic depiction of an Italian American accent ever put to film. I also found the scene where a younger Gotti managed to recount the story of how he was put on death row and didn't survive to be magnificently engrossing. I believe that Gotti is a film that should be preserved for centuries and should forever be known as the pinnacle of John Travolta's career. Travolta has truly transcended the realm of mortal recognition and he should be heralded as one of the finest living actors.
October 2, 2018
I really don't understand why the critics sayd no...its a good movie, a great story, and wonderful actors...I loved it!
September 30, 2018
This is just a poorly put together mess of a movie.
½ September 29, 2018
Really really bad if you liked this then you must be deaf and blind it's just bad I was hopping for more but critics are right straight up rotten Not fresh
September 29, 2018
I'm in shock at how HORRIBLE this movie is! It is unbearable to watch. The acting is terrible! It almost looks like it was suppose to be a spoof. Travolata was awful, along with the rest of the cast! Complete waste of money! DO NOT waste your time!! Seriously!
September 29, 2018
I started watching this movie but was not really into it. The movie really did't provide as many actions scenes as I expected.
September 29, 2018
Not nearly as bad as the brutal reviews would have you believe.
September 29, 2018
Was boring. Low budget. Not worth seeing.