Gotti - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gotti Reviews

June 20, 2018
Terrible movie, terrible Travolta, watched the movie out of curiosity because of the whole marketing stunt with pooping on critics thing, wasted my time, wasted my money, the critics were right, this is not worth it.
½ June 20, 2018
Half way thru the movie you pray for the real John Gotti to come back to life and put two bullets in the back of your head to put you out of your misery.
June 20, 2018
Crap of a movie. Don't believe the raiting. The cult of Scientology is having it's slaves. Post positve ratings. It's a waste of time. You'll never get it back.
½ June 20, 2018
About 15 minutes in I went to the counter and told them I had a migraine and they gave me a new ticket...really bad!
½ June 20, 2018
Kevin Connelly is incredibly talented and Travolta is a legend. Unfortunately, Gotti is a real-life Medellin.
June 20, 2018
Don't listen to the critics! This is one for the ages. Great performances from the entire cast especially Travolta. This was riveting!!
½ June 20, 2018
Just let him come out of the closet already
June 20, 2018
Good Movie. Like a bronx tale but with gotti. I am not sure what all the negative hoopla on the critics reviews are about. I am going to see it again.
½ June 20, 2018
Didn't think it would work with Travolta and it was horrible.Bad writing.
June 20, 2018
honestly, such a great time. it's not going to win any awards, but if you're looking to be entertained for 2 hours, there's not much better than this.
June 20, 2018
Excellent film! Travolta's performance is spectacular. Well directed and very thought provoking. Stellar overall! Five stars!
June 20, 2018
I thought the movie was very entertaining..I just saw it last weekend!
June 20, 2018
Hated this movie. It should be ashamed of his own existance and the pathetic way they try to manipulate people. I usually don't write ratings but this one really triggered me.
June 20, 2018
Since most of these audience reviews are likely written by bots who created accounts just to rate this movie, obviously without having seen it, I figured I would make an account just to rate this movie that I totally saw.

First of all, it was great, trust me, not "a troll behind a keyboard" like those critics who have gone through years of education and are paid specifically to review movies. No no no, they are the trolls here.

So the reason I knocked off a star or two is because I was kinda confused. The scene where John Gotti fist fights Ezio from Assassin's Creed while visiting Italy was confusing. I was wondering how he ties in to the Templar lore? Is he a descendant of the pope that you fist fight in the second game? That'd be a neat tie-in.

Also, it was weird that John Travolta singlehandedly destroyed the Death Star now. I don't know why Lucasfilm decided that had to be retconned.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Solid 4/5 could do with less Travolta and more Mark Hamill.
½ June 20, 2018
Horrible pacing, cheesy in a Scarface kind of way, no character development, random lines thrown in with no apparent background or future reference, bad editing, and the musical score was laughable!
½ June 20, 2018
Deserves to sleep with the fishes.
June 20, 2018
This movie sets a new standard for how bad it is. Please ignore any 5 star review by anyone that has an account that is less then 3 months old, this is a sad astroturf attempt.
June 20, 2018
IGNORE THE CRITICS!!! If you like the genre, if you have been waiting for Travolta to deliver on a good role and character, then go see this movie and you will be very surprised how good it is. I am not suggesting that it is perfect, very few movies are. But, the negative opinions from the critics is total BS. They don't care if you will like the movie, they only care about whether the movie meets "industry standards" as a quality movie, in other words, they have objective standards, not subjective standards. The reason the audiences give it a good rating is that it tells a true (or mostly true story) about the mob, and people are fascinated by these stories. Travolta really transformed himself into a real life mob boss, totally believeable, and actually somewhat likeable. I give this movie 70% to 80%. If you like stories about the MOb and Travolta, you will like it, I guarantee it!!
June 20, 2018
Very Interesting movie with action and gives me flashbacks to the old mob days.
June 20, 2018
The worst movie i have ever seen and the acting was painful to watch.