Gotti - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gotti Reviews

August 13, 2018
Well played John never fails to deliver whenever he's on screen, And to those who wrote negative reviews about this movie i am going to track you all down one by one and piss in your mouths...
½ August 12, 2018
The re-enactment was absolutely horrendous. Simply a lackluster performance from every single player with absolutely no authenticity. John Gotti was NOT known for is brains but for his slander and temper. This made Gotti sound like a stand-up intelligent mafia war hero who cared about people. Inaccurate.
½ August 6, 2018
From an artistic point of view the movie is a poor biography more like a documentary than a movie. Quite static and trying to portray a monster as a hero or some sort of legend. The fact that Hollywood is playing the gotti fiddle it is a disgrace. Too bad John Travolta played this part as he is an outstanding actor. Gotti was and will remain a criminal no need to try to convince people otherwise.
½ August 4, 2018
Structure-less, aimless, and misbegotten from start to finish, Gotti is a non-movie; a concoction of dull events that not even a hammy John Travolta can save
August 4, 2018
John Travolta gives a decent performance as the titular Mafia kingpin, but it is far from enough to save this boring, slow, brutally violent and excessively scatological biopic crime drama.
July 30, 2018
Just another Gotti movie... but this time with John Travolta. It is nothing special and did not keep me captivated at all. There are much better crime movies out there.. so don't waste your money on this one.
July 29, 2018
Excellent movie. Don't believe the trolls here. See it.
½ July 28, 2018
It is hard to see if the writers (both), director, or all of the above are to blame for how incoherent and incapable of making the audience forget they are watching a movie, yet that is exactly what this achives. Even bad movies draw you in and give you at least a few moments of immersion. This movie looks up fondly at the term bad.

If you cannot list a single positive or negative thing about a movie, so that they can be logically refuted, then you are not posting a review. You are just posting your emotions, and they instantly convert your review to something to be ignored.
½ July 25, 2018
Terrible!!! Not wasting any more time to this trash
July 25, 2018
I honestly didn't think the movie was too bad
I did see John Travolta with a accent instead of John Gotti they could have done alot better to catch the audiences attention.
Nate Z.
July 24, 2018
The John Gotti biopic has become somewhat notorious because of its 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, not that this is the first film to hit that dubious mark. It is bad, though not quite 0% bad. The biggest crime of this movie is that it at no point solidifies a reason why we should find John Gotti interesting. As played by John Travolta, he's a ruthless leader who beat so many prosecutors that he was nicknamed the "Teflon Don." He's also really really boring, spouting stereotypical bromides about the importance of family, never giving an inch, never turning on your family (both capital F and lowercase f). It's a cock-eyed worldview I'd expect, however, at the very end of the movie, the movie itself adopts this cock-eyed justifications, presenting the federal government as the real villains and inserting interview footage of real people eulogizing Gotti, saying he made their streets clean and cared about his community and was, essentially, a hero. It's amazingly misguided, like director Kevin Connolly ("E" fro HBO's Entourage) has suffered Stockholm syndrome from his lunk-headed, murderous criminals. That same sense of misjudgment is never more adamant than in the musical score by pop star Pitbull. Read that again. There's a sequence where Gotti goes out on furlough and is escorted to kill an associate, and the musical score is jaunty and uptempo. There were several moments where the score just took my breath away, so tonally disjointed was this mostly modern-day musical score. The movie is structured as an ongoing series of interviews between Gotti Sr. (Travolta) and his adult son, with choice flashbacks interspersed. We don't even get a rise-and-fall sort of formula. It never provides sufficient evidence why Gotti was interesting at all and worth a big screen biopic. The dialogue feels like it was written with all exclamation points. Nothing is subtle or left to the imagination here, and that extends into the scenery-chewing acting as well from a bunch of unmemorable stock roles. There is also a 1996 TV movie about John Gotti starring Armand Assante. Sight unseen, it must almost assuredly be the better movie and more worth two hours of your precious time.

Nate's Grade: D+
July 23, 2018
Ebb?l a filmb?l se fogunk idézeteket a hátunkra tetováltatni.
Hiába Travolta, és hiába a végén a House of the Rising Sun, egyéni hangvétel híján csak iskolás középszer.
½ July 22, 2018
Gotti has already given me hpurs of enjoyment - that is Watching Gotti reviews on YouTube. Gotti is the definition of soon t? be cult classic based on being bad without intending to be. watch the CNN interview with John T and John G Jr, you woulda thought he made the Godfather II. its amazing how Quinten can make Travolta into Vincent Vega, and E from Entourage can bring him this low. After watching this my fingers are crossed for a Super Mario Brothers movie reboot starring yooz truely...
July 21, 2018
I love I loved the movie I thought it was well done and incredibly interesting.I don't know what all the bad reviews are about except for people expecting something different. It was great acting and I would recommend it.
½ July 21, 2018
First half of the film looked like a overly-cliched caricature on Gotti. The actor who plays his son was terribly miscast.
July 19, 2018
Una buena pelicula de mafia nos transporta a la epoca, nos transmite lo que la mafie vivio y sintio, esta pelicula no trasmite nada, no catalogo esta cinta como de mafia, fue decepcionante.
July 19, 2018
'Gotti' is a confusing, bland, and underdeveloped mob drama which even Travolta's performance cannot save.
½ July 16, 2018
HOW HAS THIS GOT 0%??????? IT WAS POSSIBLY THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE WATCHING THIS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG MOVIE OMG OMG OMG
July 16, 2018
Great film. Although I'm not familiar enough with the actual life of John Gotti to equate it to the film's depiction, it was still an interesting film. Travolta gave a great performance!
½ July 15, 2018
I'm glad I was able to watch this. It all ties in to the reality TV series Mob Wives and makes better sense to me, now. It would be nice to get the perspective of the other members of the mob.