Green Lantern: First Flight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Green Lantern: First Flight Reviews

September 17, 2016
Green Lantern: First Flight is definitely a takeoff.
September 2, 2016
Sinestro good, guardians seemed way out of character, rushed. Barely had any training and knew how to use ring. Should not have covered origin.
½ August 12, 2016
This was my first introduction to Green Lantern, enjoyed the concept of these Guardians of Universe. The action was fun, the plot well thought of although the suspense part is predictable, it was still good. The animation is also good and the voice overs excellent. The movie is a great way for one to know more about Green Lantern.
½ August 8, 2016
Green Lantern First Flight is a pretty good Green Lantern movie, which focuses on Hal Jordan's first mission, and more specifically Sinestro's betrayal of the Green Lantern Corps. The film goes over Hal's origin of becoming a Green Lantern fairly quickly (about 5 minutes), and skips over a lot of the details. The film also changes some things from the comics, such as who killed Abin Sur, how Abin Sur's ring found Hal, and that Green Lanterns can kill (which they couldn't in the comics until the Sinestro Corps War, which the events in this movie would of taken place long before the Sinestro Corps War), among other changes, which bothered me as a Green Lantern fan (and will likely bother other Green Lantern fans). Green Lantern First Flight is a solid film, but not very loyal to the source material, and with the lack of detail in the origin story, and with no mention of a lot of basic details about the Green Lantern Corps (such as the role of their lanterns, and the Book of Oa, among many others) this is not the greatest introduction for those new to Green Lantern. The length of the DC animated films (typically around 1 hour 15 minutes) may of somewhat limited them, but an hour and 30 minute runtime could of benefited this film.
½ April 28, 2016
Just as good as the live-action movie .. :)
March 22, 2016
Rips along at quite a pace, getting through the 'first flight' within minutes to get to the Star Wars stuff. As such it doesn't have much time for character or any emotional tethers, something the work it's based on did so well, and leaves us with a Saturday morning cartoon feel. More could have been made of courage versus fear element, rewarding only for fans who know to look for it, but then they're also the only ones who while likely keep up with the break neck speed.
February 6, 2016
Solid adaptation of Green Lantern's origin, that while is rushed in storytelling, is still leagues better than the live-action adaptation. The vocal cast is excellent, with Chris Meloni giving the right amount of bravado as Hal Jordan, while Victor Garber delivers his trademark mix of intelligence & menace as Sinestro. Behind the camera, Lauren Montgomery keeps the film action-packed while taking advantage of the direct the video status (some rather brutal deaths happen in this animated film) while the animation itself holds up fairly well. It's not theatrical level, but quite good in detail & set pieces. The main flaw is that the story moves too fast (it's a brisk 77 minutes) and some extra time for character development would have been great. Nevertheless, this film is everything the abysmall 2011 live-action film should have been and a great introduction to the Hal Jordan Green Lantern.
½ December 14, 2015
Decent truncated version of the Hal Jordan story. It's a nice, safe introduction to the characters and story, but it deserves better than to be rushed through like this. And the voice acting is pretty bad...
½ November 6, 2015
Pretty straight forward and is VERY fast paced like Hal knows everything about bring a lantern in the first 5 mins!
½ October 16, 2015
Very Good Film Wasn't Expecting The Climax
½ September 27, 2015
Lo que "Green Lantern (2011)" debio haber sido
December 16, 2014
The script and some content maybe a little flawed, but the usual animation, action sequences and voice acting is what the DC Animated Universe only relies on their films that has powers to keep the film's level at a positive 4-star rate. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
August 20, 2014
Been watching the DC Animated Movies in order, and this one stood out. I really enjoyed it.
August 16, 2014
I love this film. It's actual way better than the live action film. We need to have a remake of green lantern based from this animation film. Am starting to like DC MORE NOW.
½ August 15, 2014
Good intro to the Green Lantern and some of the other key characters. Particularly liked the music in the first half hour
July 8, 2014
This is a four star for me I really don't know why it isn't a 5 star but as far as story telling goes I think they did a good job telling the story of Hal Jordan becoming Green lantern. Unlike the cinematic release of Green Lantern I really like the way they simultaneously told Sinestro story that was my biggest problem in cinematic release we never really understood why Sinestro turned on his fellow lanterns. In this movie they followed the mythos of comic book which was relieving. Over a great watch I recommend this one and Ryan Renolds showed watch this before doing another lantern movie
July 1, 2014
A fun animated movie for the whole family.
June 21, 2014
Good voice actors but something is missing. Everything seems rushed and ill-conceived. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a live action film (as apposed to the infinitely better Wonder Woman).
June 20, 2014
Far superior to the live action movie.
½ May 11, 2014
This Green Lantern story is better than the live action movie but still only so-so. I think they tried to do too much and and the story feels rushed. The voice acting is, as always, good. The final fight is OK but not great. Language also prevents it from being kid friendly.