Groupers Reviews

• 2d ago

Really good, clever indie flick. Funny and poignant. Great watch!

Really good, clever indie flick. Funny and poignant. Great watch!

• 5d ago

Not a perfect movie but I was entertained throughout. The dialogue was great and overall the movie was funny and a bit messed up which is right in my wheelhouse.

• 5d ago

It's a fun and entertaining movie. The movie starts off enthralling with a really interesting 'oner' and takes off from there. Meg and the boys have eye catching chemistry. The movie loses a bit in the ending but overall entertaining and well worth a watch.

• 6d ago

I thought Groupers was very entertaining. The fact that is was the first feature film for the director makes it that much more impressive. I loved the lead character, Meg, and all of the other characters were unique and super entertaining. The dialogue was odd but fun. I look forward to future films from Anderson Cowan.

• Mar 23, 2020

The 1st half was good the second half did not work. The characters in the second half were poorly written. Overall I am glad I watched it but not enough to recommend it.

• Mar 13, 2020

First time director Anderson Cowan really comes out swinging with this picture. Non stop pace with tons of dialog that doesn't feel forced. Great acting all around with an especially good turn by Cameron Duckett. Nicole Dambro does a fantastic job in her portrayal of "Meg" with a strength of character that keeps you cheering her on. You can tell this was a passion project and it does not disappoint

• Mar 13, 2020

One of the greatest debut films of a writer/director ever done. Perfect cast, flawless script. The cinematography is top notch and the directorial flourishes make everything sing. The movie is a tight indie about homophobia with a clever main story of a female protagonist who abducts two bullies for an experiment. There are multiple POV switches throughout, it could've easily been a simpler narrative structure because each story reset is equally interesting but the complexity is far more rewarding for the viewer. The script is smart, hilarious and impressive, the actors deliver everything perfectly, great editing too. A truly unique premise and execution, definitely not a waste of your time nor money. An entertaining, funny and poignant film that effortlessly exposes, explains and examines the cultural hypocrisy of homophobia. It's a cool movie.