Gunga Din Reviews

• Sep 23, 2020

it's funny, action packed, male bonding, friends forever. it has some cheesy filming techniques which i am sure was state of the art for 1938/39. i am 53 growing up it was on every few weeks and i watched it every time. as an adult i own it and watch it every few years. i love it.

• Jul 23, 2020

It hasn't aged well.

It hasn't aged well.

• May 02, 2020

The actors pull you in as if you are part of the movie.

The actors pull you in as if you are part of the movie.

• Sep 06, 2015

Just a well made,well acted funny war fable.....they'd have to cut the s#$t out of the script to remake it today though.

• Aug 15, 2015

Decent enough romp if you ignore the imperialism. Imagine Carry Grant punching asian people in the face for 2 hours. Apparently he was English but can't do an English accent.

• Aug 13, 2015

Go watch this movie right now. Tons of fun. It has everything, laughs, action, and tear jerking moments. Holds up incredibly well. No joke is overdone, a lot of variety. I can see that films like Indianan Jones and The Man who would be King be inspired by this film. I can't praise it enough. Check it out. NOW!

• Jun 09, 2015

Action and Adventure. Influential but of another era.

Action and Adventure. Influential but of another era.

• Jan 18, 2015

El mejor film de aventuras . 10 estrellas!!!

El mejor film de aventuras . 10 estrellas!!!

• Sep 07, 2014

Though the cast appears to be having a grand time, the cultural stereotypes and long length of Gunga Din makes it a bit tiring to watch.

• Jul 07, 2014

Since my age was a single digit, I've watched this film more times than I can count. Simply a great story with excitement, humour, top quality acting and a timeless soundtrack.