Gunga Din Reviews

• Sep 06, 2015

Just a well made,well acted funny war fable.....they'd have to cut the s#$t out of the script to remake it today though.

• Aug 15, 2015

Decent enough romp if you ignore the imperialism. Imagine Carry Grant punching asian people in the face for 2 hours. Apparently he was English but can't do an English accent.

• Aug 13, 2015

Go watch this movie right now. Tons of fun. It has everything, laughs, action, and tear jerking moments. Holds up incredibly well. No joke is overdone, a lot of variety. I can see that films like Indianan Jones and The Man who would be King be inspired by this film. I can't praise it enough. Check it out. NOW!

• Jun 09, 2015

Action and Adventure. Influential but of another era.

Action and Adventure. Influential but of another era.

• Jan 18, 2015

El mejor film de aventuras . 10 estrellas!!!

El mejor film de aventuras . 10 estrellas!!!

• Sep 07, 2014

Though the cast appears to be having a grand time, the cultural stereotypes and long length of Gunga Din makes it a bit tiring to watch.

• Jul 07, 2014

Since my age was a single digit, I've watched this film more times than I can count. Simply a great story with excitement, humour, top quality acting and a timeless soundtrack.

• May 19, 2014

A funny, nicely paced action adventure movie.

A funny, nicely paced action adventure movie.

• May 19, 2014

A hilarious and enjoyable Indian adventure, even it's made more than 75 years ago.

• Apr 30, 2014

The blackface in the film is so unrealistic it detracts from the film, and there is nothing within the film that is laudable, other than the praise of a fictional Indian's courage in a world where only white achievements were generally acknowledged. None of the performances stood out, not even Cary Grant's. Long-winded with no entertainment to show for it.