Hackers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hackers Reviews

November 14, 2016
For some reason I really connected with this movie, not for being personal, but just because is so much fun, I would certainly call it a cult classic.
August 28, 2016
A movie even Angelina Jolie wants to forget about...
July 30, 2016
This isn't a spectacular film by any means - but it's a fun watch. The characters are interesting, and all have their little quirks - represented well by well-known actors now, who weren't back then. The story isn't overly complex, but actually drops a lot of future foreshadowing in terms of what life is like now for some people. Yes, there are kids that can code now, VERY WELL, and yes, corporate America reigns supreme. If you're looking for some quick entertainment, and the cyberpunk world interests you, definitely give this a watch.
½ July 23, 2016
A classic for its time.
Some badass soundtrack.
June 4, 2016
I now see where the music and look of The Matrix comes from... and Angelina ??????
½ May 30, 2016
This is the most '90s movie to every 90. I hope there's a website out there listing every single '90s trope this film has. Every single one. The rollerblading. The power of modems. The awful tinted sunglasses. The awful Christian sunglasses. The dark wet alley with steam set. Matthew Lillard. Every single article of clothing. Nirvana poster. Da Rude the Soundtrack. Horrible and wonderful computers. Pay phones. Everything!
½ February 23, 2016
Highly enjoyable cyber teen flick...It is cool to remember Jonny Lee Miller and Jolie together.
December 26, 2015
Very good movie. The plot is pretty unique in its hacker point of view, the style and direction is solid, the dialogue is pretty funny, and the performances are very good, especially Miller, Jolie and Lillard.
½ December 21, 2015
Rather unique, quirky, dated. It was worth my time.
½ December 16, 2015
At the time in which I saw the film in theaters, 'some' of the hacking techniques were accurate - but 95% of what you see in the film of course is total BS. A good nostalgic film? Sorta good for laughs, but doesn't hold it's weight today. This film released a bevy of soundtracks at the time. 4 to be precise. 1 being the OST, 2 the score, 3 & 4 were remixes of the popular tracks heard in the film.
½ December 16, 2015
"Never send a boy to do a woman's job."
½ December 8, 2015
I never saw this back in the era in which it was released so I think I miss out on the nostalgia factor that so many people draw on when praising it. I didn't not enjoy it but my overal review would boil down to "so 90s".
December 8, 2015
I'm reminded of how painful the nineties were.
December 5, 2015
The most 90's film I've ever seen... so terribly dated... like a William Gibson book adapted by Disney. Utter bollocks but somehow compelling.
November 20, 2015
41%
Saw this on 8/7/15
Ian Softley's Hackers has superb visual effects and odd ball music, but it feels extremely immature and has an alarming lack of seriousness just like the behaviour of it's supporting cast.
September 26, 2015
One of the worst films I've ever seen. I highly recommend it.
September 25, 2015
the film is fun if goofy but it has cult status with the advanced plot of the era. the music, the actors and the villain deliver a film that isn't critic friendly but audience friendly.
September 24, 2015
Peeps are such haters! This movie is awesome. The characters are fun and it makes hacking, which is extremely tedious, look fun and exciting. The movie has great costuming and great music. If you were between your tweens and your late teens when you saw this movie for the first time, it's pretty much a sure thing you love it. This movie should (or does) have cult status. Plus it's just fun that a movie about computers used models instead of cg.
½ September 16, 2015
Hackers can be fun at times but most of the film is just full of typing and fancy (for the 90's) graphics filling the screen. The plot revolved around a group of misfit hackers who try to cyber battle against a villain who is trying to steal money from a giant corporation. There are some funny moments and at times things got a little intense but never thrilling. Angelina Jolie was criminally underused in this one, as it seemed she would be a big, sexy, romantic interest but just turned out to be a regular hacker with little personality. It was all rather predictable but I still enjoyed it for the most part. If you have a nostalgic feeling for some early Angelina Jolie and old school computer hacking, you might find some good parts in this one.
½ September 14, 2015
It was cheesy and fun. Super 90's. Flash of Jolie's boobs.