Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 Reviews

June 22, 2017
Director Yates made the wise choice by splitting the film into two parts, considering the book being over 750 pages long! Only wished that Bill and Fleur's wedding scene was more developed like it was in the original story, because there was so much to learn about Albus Dumbledore's backstory during the reception!
As a standalone film, it's a worthy adaptation of the original story from J.K. Rowling!
½ June 9, 2017
This was a pretty artful, complex & compelling piece of work for a film that technically doesn't have a beginning or an ending.
It was fairly interesting to watch, as it expertly balanced a tricky and expansive narrative, along with quiet character moments and some rollicking action sequences.
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1" isn't close to being a bad movie, but it is arguably the weakest among the first seven films in the series. By the end, I had less a feeling of satisfaction than an obvious want: Let's get to Part 2.
June 5, 2017
A really astonishing chapter
June 3, 2017
best movie watched every part expect this one
May 31, 2017
This film is only the first half of its source novel, and as such you get the feeling that it's always building up to something but never arriving there (that's because it actually is). It does well, but can't entirely please without the second half.
May 30, 2017
The first and only film I've witnessed to get a standing ovation in a sold out cinema and it wasn't even opening night.
May 29, 2017
I want to see it again so bad I am a major Harry Potter fan. Incredible movie :p
½ April 9, 2017
It's pretty solid, pretty good movie so I would consider it to be decent
April 6, 2017
Saw it last night. It was prety good, but they put to much in to it that I thought was not needed.
April 4, 2017
The slowest of the series doesn't mean it's the worst. An emotion-filled installment finds a way to make searching for objects in the woods entertaining. Though being my least favorite of the series, it adds a bit more depth to our heroes before they enter their final chapter.
April 2, 2017
Deathly Hallows Part 1 feels disjointed at times and is slow, but it is gritty and dark and mostly enjoyable the whole way through.
March 22, 2017
This was probably my least favourite of all the movies so far.
½ March 11, 2017
So many parts of it were beautifully done and than he just ruins it with stupid add-ins like the ministry scene he seemed to be trying to add in comedy and instead put incredibly awkward scenes...
March 5, 2017
This is the weakest harry potter movie, but it's well shot and has some thrilling scenes. Ralph Fiennes is great as Voldemort.
February 23, 2017
great movie full of suspense and emotion
February 19, 2017
Best Potter yet... since Yates.
January 25, 2017
A great first part to my favourite book in the series! A few things missed out but nothing drastic. Roll on part 2!!
½ January 21, 2017
I did not like the part when doby died
January 20, 2017
A little predictable and less original, Deathly Hallows: Part I is another Harry Potter's dark and smart movie that can't enthusiasm the fans like other Harry Potter's movies do. Disappointing.
January 18, 2017