Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 Reviews

March 25, 2018
Overall, the film is a brilliant beginning to the end (as I already stated) and I really did enjoy it. For this, I am rating the film a 8/10.
½ March 19, 2018
The story is outstanding, the cast is superb, and David Yates' direction is skillful.
March 17, 2018
The script is well written and executed. This movie sets up the final part excellently, with the tension at an all time high . All three actors perform their character brilliantly.
½ February 26, 2018
I enjoyed camping with these three.
½ February 15, 2018
(91/100)
This is really a movie more based on emotion as the horcruxes influence Ron and Harry alike. I liked a lot and without doubt immediately watched part 2.
February 14, 2018
I was a bit disappointed with this movie. Not enough action and too slow from what we have previously experienced. The third highest grossing film of 2010.
½ January 29, 2018
grown up potter and friends pull together a half-decent movie
½ January 28, 2018
This is another solid entry in the franchise. It has very good action scenes and very sad moments. It does set up the final film very well but that is my only problem with it. The movie doesn't stand on its own, if you watch this one you almost have to watch the next one right after. As an individual movie this is not the best but it does set up the final film very nicely.
½ January 24, 2018
A return to form with the 7th Harry Potter film - that is finally bringing some coherence and moving to closure of the whole Harry v the Dark Lord story. The scenery and action are great, story line standouts and have some real tension and sense of danger developed. The three stars are in great form as are all the supporting cast. Definitely one of the better films in the franchise.
January 14, 2018
The sad, lonely and weird stretch where its just the three main characters lost in the woods rank among the best stuff in the whole series, plus there are some fun heist/escape sequences.
½ January 13, 2018
It was the darkest and most hopeless of all the Potter films. It was the first time where they didn't spend the year at Hogwarts, so it felt very different in that sense and lost some of its charm. Not as fun in a light-hearted sense. Very dramatic and intense.
January 10, 2018
The end is coming in "Death Hallows - Part 1" and at this point in the franchise, director David Yates has found the perfect balance from book to screen. While it may not be as magical as previous outings, the dark and thrilling setup to the finale is still extremely entertaining and the matured performances are a plus.
½ January 5, 2018
A well crafted movie with a good blend of drama, suspense and action, it is the most matured of all the movies, equipped with more logical thinking charactes and coherent events, but stil presents that magical feel innate to the series...This is probably my favorite in the entire franchise.
December 28, 2017
Deathly Hallows part 1 is a magnificent and entertaining adventure film!
December 27, 2017
It was ok, but really slow... And all of it only to tell us what the deathly hallows are.
Hopefully the next one will be more action-filled.
½ December 27, 2017
Exhilarating effects and a beautifully dark ominous tone aren't enough to prevent this from being exactly what it is... half a film. The decision to turn the final book into two films may have been good for the bank account, but it definitely makes this one of the more hollow entrants into the HP series.
"Bellatrix Lestrange: You stupid elf! You could have killed me!
Dobby the House Elf: Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim, or seriously injure!"
December 20, 2017
This film is full of everything we love about Harry Potter but also subverts several expectations we usually have going into a Potter film. We don't really see Hogwarts. It's a gritty, dramatic road flick that REALLY works
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Por un momento llegué a creer que se convertiría en una aburrida versión de The Pianist en Harry Potter, pero aún conserva la magia que jamás dejará de cautivar.
½ December 10, 2017
Very different to the other movies, and much slower paced but still a fantastic entry. Gritty, heartfelt towards the characters we have grown to love.
½ December 9, 2017
This film does feel like its all a First act, but i suppose it is part 1 of 2. It also does set up the final film nicely.