Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 Reviews

½ April 9, 2017
It's pretty solid, pretty good movie so I would consider it to be decent
April 6, 2017
Saw it last night. It was prety good, but they put to much in to it that I thought was not needed.
April 4, 2017
The slowest of the series doesn't mean it's the worst. An emotion-filled installment finds a way to make searching for objects in the woods entertaining. Though being my least favorite of the series, it adds a bit more depth to our heroes before they enter their final chapter.
April 2, 2017
Deathly Hallows Part 1 feels disjointed at times and is slow, but it is gritty and dark and mostly enjoyable the whole way through.
March 22, 2017
This was probably my least favourite of all the movies so far.
½ March 11, 2017
So many parts of it were beautifully done and than he just ruins it with stupid add-ins like the ministry scene he seemed to be trying to add in comedy and instead put incredibly awkward scenes...
March 5, 2017
This is the weakest harry potter movie, but it's well shot and has some thrilling scenes. Ralph Fiennes is great as Voldemort.
February 23, 2017
great movie full of suspense and emotion
February 19, 2017
Best Potter yet... since Yates.
January 25, 2017
A great first part to my favourite book in the series! A few things missed out but nothing drastic. Roll on part 2!!
½ January 21, 2017
I did not like the part when doby died
January 20, 2017
A little predictable and less original, Deathly Hallows: Part I is another Harry Potter's dark and smart movie that can't enthusiasm the fans like other Harry Potter's movies do. Disappointing.
January 18, 2017
Love the Harry Potter series
½ January 17, 2017
It could have benefited from "speeding up" the frantic nature of the film, but The Deathly Hallows Part 1 remains the most under-appreciated film in the franchise because of its solid performances, well-crafted direction, and unique storytelling mode.
January 8, 2017
The first part of the Deathly Hallows suffers from a boring and draggy middle chapter, but its focus on character and some exciting action sequences make it a worthy setup for the final film.
January 3, 2017
170102: Though the pace is a little slow at times, this first part of the Deathly Hallows is pretty damn intense. This is no kids' film with its holocaust-like atmosphere. Almost scary at times, Harry Potter is fighting to survive in a dark and hostile world. There are so many characters here I'd like to see go down with finality but, unfortunately, some of the good ones do instead. I'm excited for Part 2 and anticipating, hopefully, violent resolution. Who would've thought way back in 2001, those childlike characters would battling in such a manner?
December 31, 2016
Good film, dragged a little at times but the ending was great.
½ December 22, 2016
"It sets my teeth on edge"
December 19, 2016
Concluding a film series with a 2 parter is usually, to me at least, a bad idea, a cheap way to make more money while dragging a story out unnecessarily over 2 movies. But with a tale as epic as Harry Potter you can understand why they did it. It's true that this film often feels like it's spinning its wheels, with long stretches of downtime, the characters sitting around planning their next move or arguing. What saves it from complete mundanity is its character moments. Each of the 3 principal cast members get a chance to demonstrate their acting chops and reveal the depths of their performances. Some of their conflicts may feel predictable and easy to resolve, but enough of them feel human that the ones which don't aren't too much of an annoyance. It serves its purpose in getting us to the final movie, and is probably the least rewatchable of the series, but for a single viewing it's still a decent flick.