Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 Reviews

July 28, 2016
I found this one to be a bit boring and long
July 28, 2016
The movie looks great and has good performances, but there's just one problem - nothing happens. It's a boring, tedious, part 1 filler until the real movie you want to see, part 2, comes out. All for money.
July 24, 2016
One of the better Harry Potter films due in part to its faithfulness to the source material aswell as the impressive action sequences (which are scarce but well executed). The film does not stray far from how the book is written and this helps minimise director creativity which, in my opinion, hindered the previous films greatly and also helps steer the story arc steadily without missing giant holes of plot/information or interesting/important character development. Some will criticise the need of splitting the final book into two films given that this one is quite actionless and they would be right in theory. However if you treat the films as direct adaptions of the books (which is how they should be graded as this is borrowed material) then this is superior than any of the other films and does well to incorporate many of the book's plot points during it's first half. The pevious 6 Harry Potter films may have benefitted from being in two parts as viewers would not have to be subjected to the mish mash films that proceeded this one but at least the saga may be concluded in a fitting climax.
½ July 20, 2016
For anyone looking for an exciting and magical time full of action, thrills, and visual wonders, watching this film won't be a satisfying experience. It does take its time to let the characters explore the world outside of Hogwarts and allows them to go through countless obstacles, both physically and psychologically, and I can see how that could be boring for a lot of people. I found that to be riveting and emotionally engaging, mostly because I could get to spend a lot of time with 3 of my favorite characters in film history, and observe what they go through and how they grow. It's beautifully shot, expertly crafted, and well-acted, "The Deathly Hallows Part 1" is a riveting and emotionally satisfying fantasy adventure.
July 7, 2016
Very dark, slower pace (more emphasis on character development) and a very edgy feel make this an emotionally intense roller coaster.
½ June 26, 2016
86%
It may feel too long and violent for most viewers, but the procedural Deathly Hallows Part 1 is a fine example of epic fantasy, and a spectacular installment to boot, even it's just setup for the battle we all really want to see.

V: 77%
½ June 20, 2016
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 is a fantastic movie, splitting the final book into two parts was a great idea and it was worth it. This is a great movie and fits right in with the rest of the films.
June 19, 2016
Director Yates made the wise choice in splitting the film into two parts, considering the book being over 750 pages long!
½ June 12, 2016
Excellent. Nice cliffhanger to an appropriately placed Part II.
½ June 10, 2016
It was a intense movie a little creepy I thought and and I don't recommend kids watching this
June 9, 2016
Phenomenal build up to a finale. THIS is how you break a movie into 2 parts.
½ June 9, 2016
While it does feel like a setup, this manages to be one of the only times splitting a book into two parts worked well. While it is mostly camping, it's entertaining camping.
½ June 7, 2016
The final chapter has begun!

Originally written on November 26, 2010--
Without the guidance and protection of their professors, Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron (Rupert Grint), and Hermione (Emma Watson) begin a mission to destroy the Horcruxes, the sources of Voldemort's immortality. Though they must rely on one another more than ever, dark forces threaten to tear them apart. Voldemort's Death Eaters have seized control of the Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts, and they are searching for Harry---even as he and his friends prepare for the ultimate showdown.

I understand why the producers of the Harry Potter film saga split J.K. Rowling's classic novel into two films. There's so much material to cover, it would be utterly impossible to do it justice in just one film. Unfortunately, that means this chapter feels unresolved and incomplete. There is so much build-up to the final conclusion still to come that the ending of Part 1 almost feels like a "let-down." However, what this film does get right is the despair, loneliness, and sheer frustration that Harry, Ron, and Hermione go through as they attempt to hunt down and destroy the evil Lord Voldemort's horcruxes. It's not the final satisfying chapter in the saga, but it does set it up for what should be an amazing conclusion.
June 2, 2016
Harry Potter and the deathly hollows part one was surprisingly the second best film in the Harry Potter Franchise with the best still being Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire. Emma Watson once again proved her amazing acting skills with Daniel Radcliffe still dragging the tone of the film down. Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part one has proved it self to be one of the best films in the franchise, I give this film a 7.5/10.
May 26, 2016
can't beleve it left use on a cliff hanger
May 26, 2016
Bites off a tiny nibble of the final Harry Potter novel and leaves most of the ground to be covered by Part 2. As a consequence, not a whole lot happens.
May 24, 2016
This one had so much potential but it's still great
½ May 16, 2016
Beautiful to watch, thrilling and packed with action, another strong Harry Potter movie.
May 11, 2016
Re-watched. (After I've finally read the books!) Review soon.