Here Comes the Devil Reviews

• Jerry O
    Jun 14, 2019

Worth seeing at least once, English subtitles don't detract from the movie at all. Some of the plot points are a bit cluttered or not clear, however it's worth one view for fans of horror.

• Jan 23, 2019

Surprised by the weak reviews. This movie is a masterpiece in the vein of 70s satan/cult flicks. Stays with you long after the movie is over.

• Nov 26, 2018

Dubbed (spanish). Not scary at all and seemed like a low budget indie. The story was meh with a minor twist at the end. Def'ly wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Oct 09, 2016

Giving this a high rating just because a lot of the subplots I didn't quite get, plus, there's the fact that it creeped and scared me out of my wits for several months. There's such an odd, hellish, demonic aura from this movie that knows exactly how to treat its subject matter: like if it was pagan, satanic and from the depths of hell. I do believe this is how Mexicans view their satanic folklore, and so with that said, I highly recommend this movie for people that love getting scared by ambience, difficult themes, and art, as this does take a few viewings to wrap your head around.

• Oct 09, 2016

I think this was better than the tomatometer suggests. It was a fairly slow burn with occasional weak spots, but also some very effective, very creepy scenes. Mostly understated with flashes of violence. It felt quite real at times with a lot of emotional, psychological drama. I wouldn't say it's a great movie, and at times it felt like it should have been pushed further, but it was interesting and for the most part enjoyable.

• Feb 25, 2016

To all the horror movie fans, this production is a waste of time. It's not scary, nor is it captivating.

• Dec 30, 2015

i knew the beginning of this one -- i must have started to watch this and then lost the interest to read subtitles and stopped. i do that sometimes; i thought this title seemed familiar. i watched the whole thing this time though -- very much loved the ending. and i'm talking the last, like, 2 minutes. literally: the ending. the rest of it was just okay; more creepy notions than scary -- you pretty much know what happened right away so there's nothing to guess as far as plot goes... you just kinda have to watch it do it's thing and then they pull a quick stunt at the end and that's about it.

• Nov 10, 2015

soooo....you'll like this movie if your into one of the following: guys who fuck dirt, snap zooms, audio budgets of 1 lav and 1 boom regardless of scene, tits tits dick tits sex tits, story that finally develops 3 secs shy of the credits- so when the movie should start not end, people who are all like "sure lets gut this guy, ok", more snap zooms, over "horror" effect sounds for no reason, the location budget of a cave- as is-and a hill to that cave (one angle). If all of these things interest you then this is your film.

• Sep 09, 2015

This movie is knd of a masterpiece of subtle storytelling, motivated characters and a shadow lurking around the corner that we never quite get to see, "Here Comes The Devil" is a rare example of slow-burning suspense paying off.

• Aug 30, 2015

I felt like it wasn't my body. A long married couple takes their children to the hills of Tijuana exploring the Mexican landscape. As the children wander the countryside, the parents get busy in the car hoping to spark their relationship. They fall asleep and their children appear lost forever. When they finally reunite with their children, something is different. "We thought it must have been a delusion." Adrian Garcia Bogliano, director of 36 Steps, The Accursed, Late Phases, Cold Sweat, I'll Never Die Alone, Rooms for Tourists, and Watch'em Die, delivers Here Comes the Devil. The storyline for this picture had potential, and could have been more intense, but wasn't consistent throughout. The acting is solid and the cast includes Laura Caro, Fracisco Barriero, and Alan Martinez. "It was considered a cursed place." I recently came across this on Netflix and decided to add it to my queue. This had some intense and worthwhile scenes, but didn't come together as wise as I hoped. This is worth seeing for fans of the horror genre, but doesn't live up to its potential. "Are you ashamed?" Grade: C