The Golden Compass Reviews

• Feb 21, 2020

It was beautiful to watch...however, they left the most important themes of the story out of the plot. It was rather bizarre. This made the movie rather hard to follow unless you've first read the book.

• Feb 17, 2020

After watching the show, there were a few things I liked about the movie better. Primarily, pacing. What works well for a book may not be best suited for the screen, and the show takes too long for things to get done. Sure some details are missed in the movie as a result, and some goals refocused, but it feels more exciting moving from one point to another. I do prefer some of the actors in the show, and I preferred the way the show ended vs the movie as well.

• Jan 19, 2020

BBC and HBO's TV series were better than this movie.

BBC and HBO's TV series were better than this movie.

• Dec 20, 2019

Though it is changed heavily from the book. This adaptation is exciting and engaging.

• Dec 03, 2019

I love this movie . The has lag but it is ok than the movie like Narnia

I love this movie . The has lag but it is ok than the movie like Narnia

• Dec 01, 2019

I have read the books and I cannot for the life of me understand why this movie is rated to poorly. It's was cast perfectly and definitely catches the magic and drama of the original series. It was so well done and is a favorite of mine and my children. Every time we watch it they ask when the next one is coming out.

• Nov 22, 2019

Phenomenal movie. I didn't read the books. But I thought the movie to be incredible. My only disappointment was no sequel. Whatever the reason this didn't carry on after the cliff hanger ending, in my opinion, isn't a good enough reason. Maybe some day a sequel will present it self.

• Nov 05, 2019

The performances of the characters in this film was fair to say the least, but I found miss Kidman's character annoying and melancholy. Furthermore, the film lacked a sufficient story line and ended very abruptly.

• Sep 30, 2019

Solid film, though let down by the somewhat sudden ending.

Solid film, though let down by the somewhat sudden ending.

• Sep 09, 2019

A decent YA film in a time when there were several YA films. Sadly, they botched the ending and rearranged too much of the plot.