Hitch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hitch Reviews

Page 1 of 19714
June 27, 2017
The beginning was good. The climax was great! The ending is where I felt a bit unplaced. It could have been fixed with Eva's character feeling sorry EVEN MORE, not just saying it. Plus, Will's character went out of the book at the ending.
June 10, 2017
Best Movie I Have Ever Seen
May 12, 2017
One of my favorite movies. Will Smith, Kevin James, and Eva Mendes are all great. After watching this movie for the first time, I wanted to immediately watch it again, which is something I don't remember happening very often.
February 22, 2017
It took me 11 years and a Saturday night with nothing to do and the a television to channel surf on, but I finally watched this rom com... and it was just delightful! A clever concept that is fully realized with the help of charming performances by its two main leads and supporting players.
February 6, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 23, 2017
Hitch is a bit bland and predictable but what makes the film a decent one is the charming performances of Will Smith and Kevin James, a good mix of humour and romance as well as a little bit of drama and the chemistry that Smith and James have with Eva Mendes and Amber Valletta respectively. It may not have the most well-written script out there but it's still entertaining enough for what it is.
January 3, 2017
Hitch is everything you'd want in a city comedy and Will Smith and Kevin James surely carry the movie.
January 2, 2017
Hitch is carried by a great performance from Will Smith!
½ December 14, 2016
On the precipice of being daring, but it ultimately settles to meet the rom-com standard of being just a feel-good story. At least this displays the transformation of Kevin James as he came into his own.
December 12, 2016
As Far As Drama's go, me likes. Kept me engaged and entertained and that's all I can ask from a drama. TheaterViewQualified. PersonalCollectionQualified.
December 2, 2016
It is sad to see a talented actor like Will Smith wasted in such an idiotic romantic comedy - a movie that is silly and implausible, full of clichés, ridiculous situations, unfunny gags, painful dialogue and with an extremely corny and embarrassing ending.
½ November 11, 2016
Hitch is a sweet romantic comedy with surprisingly believable chemistry from Will Smith and Kevin James.
October 28, 2016
One of the worst Will Smith films I've seen. Has only one mildly amusing moment and the rest is a load of old cheese.
½ October 23, 2016
Hitch has some tricks up his sleeve, those are actually quite pro and actual tricks men use,
but somehow he manages to find the balance between the game and destiny, a very well made film.
September 29, 2016
A movie with a lot going for it, great sympathetic characters and a good script. Perhaps a little contrived and overplayed at times and a little longer than it needs to be. Nevertheless it easily gets 4 stars, the comedy hits the mark more often than not and it leaves you feeling good at the end. It got great reaction in the theatre when I saw it and you can't argue with that.
August 17, 2016
Alex "Hitch" Hitchens (Will Smith) is a professional "date doctor" who coaches other men in the art of wooing women, with a focus on long-term relationships. While coaching one of his clients, Albert Brennaman (Kevin James), who is smitten with a client of his investment firm, celebrity Allegra Cole (Amber Valletta), Hitch finds himself falling for Sara Melas (Eva Mendes). Sara is a gossip columnist and a major workaholic. While Albert and Allegra's relationship continues to progress, Hitch finds it difficult to initiate a dialog with Sara, finding that none of his methods are working for catching her, while likewise being impressed with her ability to see through people's attempts to make advances. Throughout the entire process, he keeps his career secret, claiming to be a generic "consultant." Hitch meets with Vance Munson (Jeffrey Donovan), a shallow chauvinist attempting to enlist Hitch to help him land a one-night stand with Casey Sedgewick (Julie Ann Emery), Sara's coworker and best friend. Although Hitch refused to help, Vance misled Sara into believing that he used Hitch's services. After finding out Hitch's true identity, Sara publishes an exposé, causing Allegra and Albert to break up and Hitch's reputation to suffer. Hitch needs to come clean and show his love for Sara to mend their relationship...

"Hitch" carries classic romcom signs, but yet has its own entity within the genre in my eyes. The fact is that this sort of role fits Will Smith like the hand in a glove. His character Alex "Hitch" Hitchens has that balance between being self assure and suave but yet within there´s that unsure and real person he battles with. Smith handles that in a great manner and his cool facade breaks down the more he becomes in love with Sara. The same goes for the lovely Eva Mendes character Sara and she handles it equally well as Smith. Even if Smith´s character helps his clients to make memorable impressions with women they like and want to start a relationship with, he does not help out guys who want to "Hit it and quit it". Meaning there´s a love code and moral to it. I like that. Kevin James is maybe a bit like Will Smith, in a way one dimensional in his acting, however the character Albert is perfect for him. There´s funny moments, sad moments, ok dialogue, chemistry between the main actors, solid soundtrack and a beautiful homage to New York City through the camera lens. "Hitch" is ok in my eyes.
August 9, 2016
very very average stuff
June 24, 2016
Great Drama of a true story.
½ June 17, 2016
Predictability is inevitable in Hitch, but that point is irrelevant due to the charming and terrific performances delivered by Will Smith and Kevin James.
June 14, 2016
Hitch is Will Smith's and Kevin James' best romantic movie. Hitch will make you smile and laugh. Hitch will show you the way to love. I would suggest this movie.
Page 1 of 19714