Hitch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hitch Reviews

Page 1 of 19715
May 20, 2018
Another Will Smith movie that was overanalyzed by movie critics. Yes, this movie is a standard romcom, but it works. Smith shows he still has what it takes to do complete comedic movie as opposed to action movies with some comedy. Him and Kevin James make for a funny duo. Unfortunately James' character is absent for a lot of the second half, after being very involved in the first half which is disappointing. The movie does drag on a little long, and Eva Mendes who plays Will Smith's lover interest is not a very good actress, really just a pretty face. Would've been better is they placed a trained comedic actress alongside Smith, who is certainly at the top of his game here, lifting this movie higher than what it ought to go. There are a lot of laugh out loud moments in this one, although it's not always consistently funny. The plot isn't anything complex, but that's what is nice about the movie: It's simple and pleasing. Quick note: I would almost advise not to watch the trailer as it spoils a lot of the funniest scenes, that are still funny even after watching the trailer, but are likely even more funny if you've never seen them.
½ May 16, 2018
"Hitch: Especialista en Seducción": Sé que vi esta película muy tarde pero tanto la actuación como el guión brindado a Will Smith fueron brillantes. Lo que no me gustó fue cómo pasó de una sátira utópica a un melodrama. Me dejó como espectador con expectativas de ver algo más. Kevin James chistoso!
April 10, 2018
A movie with a lot going for it, great sympathetic characters and a good script. Perhaps a little contrived and overplayed at times and a little longer than it needs to be. Nevertheless it easily gets 4 stars, the comedy hits the mark more often than not and it leaves you feeling good at the end. It got great reaction in the theatre when I saw it and you can't argue with that.
½ April 5, 2018
There's nothing truly remarkable about it but its a fun story with a great pair of leads with Will Smith and Kevin James.
½ February 18, 2018
Great simple and easy to watch movie.
February 10, 2018
Great movie. Very funny.
January 3, 2018
A perfectly amicable, throw-away romantic comedy about a modern day Cyrano helping other men find love while avoiding it himself. Will Smith and Kevin James worked well together. But why is there a picture of Ewan MacGregor on RT's page?
December 10, 2017
This is one of the romantic-comedies which were never massively loved by the critics, but somehow reached the hearts of the mainstream audiences and turned it into an all-time TV classic being aired countless times on different TV channels.

Cheesy, painfully predictable and with few actual laughs, Hitch is an all-start vehicle that still manages to leave the viewers (searching for a proper rom-com) with a good feeling after the final credits. Alex "Hitch" Hitchens (Will Smith) is a professional "love consultant" specialized in men who have problems with reaching to to ladies they like. One of his assignments is to help the absolutely inexperienced Albert (Kevin James) find his way to the heart of the billiionnaire Alegra (Amber Valetta). Things, however get complicated when in the mean time Hitch gets to know a talented journalist Sara (Eva Mendez) and falls in love with her.

Sweet, or actually too sweet for some, the story is totally formulaic and you can be 10 minutes ahead of it. Nevertheless, Andrew Tennant's movie still succeeds to keep a not so bad level of being watchable,due to the cool cast ensemble which practically saves the movie from being a total disaster.
October 26, 2017
Hitch is a very good date movie kind of predictable and the acting is great. not a big fan of kevin james in that he always plays himself. He needs to learn how to act. other then that Will Smith did a great job with Eva Mendes.
June 27, 2017
The beginning was good. The climax was great! The ending is where I felt a bit unplaced. It could have been fixed with Eva's character feeling sorry EVEN MORE, not just saying it. Plus, Will's character went out of the book at the ending.
June 10, 2017
Best Movie I Have Ever Seen
May 12, 2017
One of my favorite movies. Will Smith, Kevin James, and Eva Mendes are all great. After watching this movie for the first time, I wanted to immediately watch it again, which is something I don't remember happening very often.
February 22, 2017
It took me 11 years and a Saturday night with nothing to do and the a television to channel surf on, but I finally watched this rom com... and it was just delightful! A clever concept that is fully realized with the help of charming performances by its two main leads and supporting players.
February 6, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 23, 2017
Hitch is a bit bland and predictable but what makes the film a decent one is the charming performances of Will Smith and Kevin James, a good mix of humour and romance as well as a little bit of drama and the chemistry that Smith and James have with Eva Mendes and Amber Valletta respectively. It may not have the most well-written script out there but it's still entertaining enough for what it is.
January 3, 2017
Hitch is everything you'd want in a city comedy and Will Smith and Kevin James surely carry the movie.
January 2, 2017
Hitch is carried by a great performance from Will Smith!
½ December 14, 2016
On the precipice of being daring, but it ultimately settles to meet the rom-com standard of being just a feel-good story. At least this displays the transformation of Kevin James as he came into his own.
December 12, 2016
As Far As Drama's go, me likes. Kept me engaged and entertained and that's all I can ask from a drama. TheaterViewQualified. PersonalCollectionQualified.
December 2, 2016
It is sad to see a talented actor like Will Smith wasted in such an idiotic romantic comedy - a movie that is silly and implausible, full of clichés, ridiculous situations, unfunny gags, painful dialogue and with an extremely corny and embarrassing ending.
Page 1 of 19715