Hitman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hitman Reviews

½ September 2, 2017
What a hot piece of garbage... it certainly ranks high in the pantheon of horrible video game based movies
August 4, 2017
This is an enjoyable action film with plenty of cool action sequences, shoot-outs and chases. It's based on the series of popular video games and stays quite true to parts of the games. The way the missions are relayed, location, suit, outfit changes and even some of the tactics used in the game are shown in the film. So this should keep the games fans happy. For everyone else this is just a cool stylized action film, which reminded me of the Transporter films quite a bit.
July 7, 2017
Great movie, especially the scene in Istanbul ;)
June 16, 2017
FRE - Successful marriage of the aesthetic of video and the high-tech atmosphere of the thrillers in the genre of Jason Bourne, "Hitman" must savor for what it is: an effective entertainment to take at first degree.
ENG - Le mariage réussi de l'esthétique de la vidéo et de l'atmosphère high-tech des thrillers dans le genre de Jason Bourne, "Hitman" doit savourer ce qu'il est: un divertissement efficace à prendre au premier degré.
June 15, 2017
Love this movie. I'm a huge Timothy Olyphant fan so maybe I'm a bit biased I don't know. I'm glad that it had its own story line and didn't try to be as true to the game as possible. I usually don't like game to movie movies because they just try to be the video game.
May 1, 2017
The storyline is simple but it's good.
½ April 24, 2017
Lots Of Guns Pointed At Right-Angles & Longing Looks Of Pain-In-Excursion. The Quote Of The Whole Thing Being "I'm Going To Finish What I Was Paid To Do & Find Out Who (Double-Crossed) Set Me Up"; ...At Which Point We Follow It Thru A (First-Person POV) Shooting Rampage To It's Grisly End. Not That Entertaining...Unless You're A Fan Of The Game & Are Desperately In Need Of More (Unnessary) Backstory. It Did Appear To Completely Carbon-Copy Other Genres (Bourne/Bond) In Parts, Which Is Fine, But Still Build Your Own Style Possibly At Some Point?
½ January 26, 2017
Good action flick! T.O. plays the role well... kept one into the movie & the story going on. Makes you want to see the sequel even though T.O. doesn't play Agent 47 in the prequel :-(
½ January 24, 2017
It is not what you would expect. It is a movie, not a video game. It is not slow and steady like the video games, it is more loud and at times, too stupid.
January 11, 2017
I am a huge fan of the Hitman games and was really dissapointed how the movie turned out.
½ December 28, 2016
Don't expect a movie based on a video game to be great... But this isn't bad at all.
December 24, 2016
Hitman isn't laughably bad like other video game adaptations, but it's still stinks and should not be watched by anybody.
½ December 20, 2016
Not even worth reviewing
October 27, 2016
I think this is such an underrated movie and, now, in 2016, think the same. I love the storyline, I love the actors, the action, the characters, and the pace of the movie.
September 24, 2016
Pretty decent, Timothy Olyphant does a good job at playing 47
½ August 7, 2016
I thought this was a pretty good movie. Timothy Olephant made a great agent 47. The action was decent. Watch it. You'll like it.
½ August 6, 2016
A man born and bred to be a hitman is set up. He sets out to find out who set him up and why. Various Encounters in fight scenes. Standard Cloak and Dagger shoot'em up.
jamrcla
½ July 20, 2016
An ok game to film adaption a little confusing at times but had some good solid action scenes and finally a film based on a game not afraid to have allot of blood and some nice kills in it, abut I think the plot got in the way too much.
July 14, 2016
Hitman agent 47 is way better than this one
July 12, 2016
I really dislike each and everyone who has disliked this film. Everyone attempts to talk so intelligently and speak as if they have any real knowledge of what a good movie is. Makes me delirious how cynical everyone is trying to plague their opinion on everything.

I played the Hitman games and my goodness this film did its best to replicate it in an action movie. Timmy O played a great agent 47. The strange and ominous dialogue is exactly like the game. So if you are going to critique the movie like a movie why don't you either critique the game or even play the game, unless you are afraid you might enjoy it.

Frank