Hitman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hitman Reviews

½ July 20, 2016
An ok game to film adaption a little confusing at times but had some good solid action scenes and finally a film based on a game not afraid to have allot of blood and some nice kills in it, abut I think the plot got in the way too much.
July 14, 2016
Hitman agent 47 is way better than this one
July 12, 2016
I really dislike each and everyone who has disliked this film. Everyone attempts to talk so intelligently and speak as if they have any real knowledge of what a good movie is. Makes me delirious how cynical everyone is trying to plague their opinion on everything.

I played the Hitman games and my goodness this film did its best to replicate it in an action movie. Timmy O played a great agent 47. The strange and ominous dialogue is exactly like the game. So if you are going to critique the movie like a movie why don't you either critique the game or even play the game, unless you are afraid you might enjoy it.

Frank
June 27, 2016
Older I know but I liked it a lot.  I want to marry Timothy Olyphant even if he's bald.  I think I've been a fan of the anti-hero ever since Pitch Black and this movie is definitely about the anti-hero.  Recommended.
½ June 24, 2016
Decent action flick. Liked Holyphont's character and how he changed by being in the girl's company.
June 10, 2016
Don't get the bad reviews it's an awesome shoot em up movie
April 23, 2016
Lots Of Guns Pointed At Right-Angles & Longing Looks Of Pain-In-Excursion. The Quote Of The Whole Thing Being "I'm Going To Finish What I Was Paid To Do & Find Out Who (Double-Crossed) Set Me Up"; ...At Which Point We Follow It Thru A (First-Person POV) Shooting Rampage To It's Grisly End. Not That Entertaining...Unless You're A Fan Of The Game & Are Desperately In Need Of More (Unnessary) Backstory.
March 19, 2016
Based on the popular video game, Hitman is an action-packed (if not somewhat generic) film that's entertaining and fun. The story follows an elite assassin who's been contracted to kill the Russian President, but things go sideways when he discovers that he's been betrayed by his employer and setup to be killed. Starring Timothy Olyphant, Olga Kurylenko, and Robert Knepper, the film has a good cast. And, the action sequences are exciting and suspenseful. But the plot is formulaic and the characters are standard action film stereotypes. Still, for a shoot 'em up thriller, Hitman gets the job done.
March 12, 2016
I've always hoped that this great game would become a movie, the question is will it be a good movie....I'm already dubious of the choice for 47 with Timothy Olyphant...I want to know why Jason Statham declined the role....
½ March 5, 2016
Olyphants dead pan portrayal of Agent 47 comes off as sincere and one of the most accurate betrayals of a video game character. While the movie is related to the game in name only, they do a good job of writing their own story with it that is entertaining and believable. If you're looking for a synopsis of the Hitman games you won't find it here, but if you want to see what Agent 47 would truly be like if double crossed and not busy arranging unconscious guards in funny poses, then this movie is for you.
February 29, 2016
I think that this is one game franchise that shouldn't have movie adaptions
February 20, 2016
remember seeing this movie at the cinema, not a bad movie but not a great one either, worth watching if your a fan of the Hitman Video Games
February 9, 2016
Snazzy and looks great, a must watch for Hitman's fans.
½ February 4, 2016
This video game adaptation tries way too hard trying to be a awesome action film, as it gives you bad acting, no plot whatsoever, and only fighting/action scenes. It is cool, but not really even a film, as I can totally see why critics hated this. The action is not nonstop, and throughout the film it is boring. This film could have done way better.
January 8, 2016
An entertaining experience, which doesn't offer anything that we cannot see in the game, but don't disappoint me as action movie.
January 8, 2016
Fun movie a movie ment for action and not for story and acting and that is why this is a decent movie
½ December 22, 2015
Not quite the "genetically cloned killer" from the game but I suppose its close enough. Hopefully they will sort that out in the sequel. A very enjoyable movie, sit down, relax and watch the action.
December 20, 2015
I'm a massive fan of this film, was engrossing and harped back to a few game references, very good
½ December 18, 2015
i was looking forward to this but the lead is so damn uninteresting yeah hes a hitman but i prefer him to be a bit more like deadpool...it wont happen and after 30 minutes i returned the dvd and got casino instead
December 13, 2015
This is a fantastic action movie. Don't watch it for the plot; watch it for the amazing fights!