Hitman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hitman Reviews

January 11, 2017
I am a huge fan of the Hitman games and was really dissapointed how the movie turned out.
½ December 28, 2016
Don't expect a movie based on a video game to be great... But this isn't bad at all.
December 24, 2016
Hitman isn't laughably bad like other video game adaptations, but it's still stinks and should not be watched by anybody.
½ December 20, 2016
Not even worth reviewing
October 27, 2016
I think this is such an underrated movie and, now, in 2016, think the same. I love the storyline, I love the actors, the action, the characters, and the pace of the movie.
September 24, 2016
Pretty decent, Timothy Olyphant does a good job at playing 47
½ August 7, 2016
I thought this was a pretty good movie. Timothy Olephant made a great agent 47. The action was decent. Watch it. You'll like it.
August 7, 2016
It fails to live up to the video games, which was inevitable for a video game movie adaption. I might sound weird saying this but I don't think that Agent 47 was enough of a robotic killer.
½ August 6, 2016
A man born and bred to be a hitman is set up. He sets out to find out who set him up and why. Various Encounters in fight scenes. Standard Cloak and Dagger shoot'em up.
jamrcla
½ July 20, 2016
An ok game to film adaption a little confusing at times but had some good solid action scenes and finally a film based on a game not afraid to have allot of blood and some nice kills in it, abut I think the plot got in the way too much.
July 14, 2016
Hitman agent 47 is way better than this one
July 12, 2016
I really dislike each and everyone who has disliked this film. Everyone attempts to talk so intelligently and speak as if they have any real knowledge of what a good movie is. Makes me delirious how cynical everyone is trying to plague their opinion on everything.

I played the Hitman games and my goodness this film did its best to replicate it in an action movie. Timmy O played a great agent 47. The strange and ominous dialogue is exactly like the game. So if you are going to critique the movie like a movie why don't you either critique the game or even play the game, unless you are afraid you might enjoy it.

Frank
June 27, 2016
Older I know but I liked it a lot.  I want to marry Timothy Olyphant even if he's bald.  I think I've been a fan of the anti-hero ever since Pitch Black and this movie is definitely about the anti-hero.  Recommended.
½ June 24, 2016
Decent action flick. Liked Holyphont's character and how he changed by being in the girl's company.
June 10, 2016
Don't get the bad reviews it's an awesome shoot em up movie
April 23, 2016
Lots Of Guns Pointed At Right-Angles & Longing Looks Of Pain-In-Excursion. The Quote Of The Whole Thing Being "I'm Going To Finish What I Was Paid To Do & Find Out Who (Double-Crossed) Set Me Up"; ...At Which Point We Follow It Thru A (First-Person POV) Shooting Rampage To It's Grisly End. Not That Entertaining...Unless You're A Fan Of The Game & Are Desperately In Need Of More (Unnessary) Backstory.
March 19, 2016
Based on the popular video game, Hitman is an action-packed (if not somewhat generic) film that's entertaining and fun. The story follows an elite assassin who's been contracted to kill the Russian President, but things go sideways when he discovers that he's been betrayed by his employer and setup to be killed. Starring Timothy Olyphant, Olga Kurylenko, and Robert Knepper, the film has a good cast. And, the action sequences are exciting and suspenseful. But the plot is formulaic and the characters are standard action film stereotypes. Still, for a shoot 'em up thriller, Hitman gets the job done.
March 12, 2016
I've always hoped that this great game would become a movie, the question is will it be a good movie....I'm already dubious of the choice for 47 with Timothy Olyphant...I want to know why Jason Statham declined the role....
½ March 5, 2016
Olyphants dead pan portrayal of Agent 47 comes off as sincere and one of the most accurate betrayals of a video game character. While the movie is related to the game in name only, they do a good job of writing their own story with it that is entertaining and believable. If you're looking for a synopsis of the Hitman games you won't find it here, but if you want to see what Agent 47 would truly be like if double crossed and not busy arranging unconscious guards in funny poses, then this movie is for you.
February 20, 2016
remember seeing this movie at the cinema, not a bad movie but not a great one either, worth watching if your a fan of the Hitman Video Games