Homeward Bound - The Incredible Journey Reviews

• Apr 03, 2021

This movie is great. I usually never liked dog/cats movies where the dogs/cats talk because they come off as lame to me but this one is different the cast was perfect for the breeds they were playing. The story is really beautiful because this is actually what dogs and cats do if they love their owners. Its got a great soundtrack and beautiful scenery. This movie will make you laugh and make you cry.

• Mar 09, 2021

I remember renting this so much as a kid. I was a big dog lover so that peaked my interest. All I remember was talking animals getting lost. Chance, Sassy, and Shadow are three pets brought together by a new family's marriage. Two dogs and a cat learn to get along. The Seavers are about to leave for San Francisco but they leave the animals at their ranch. Feeling they've been left for good Chance, Sassy, and Shadow decide to embark on a journey of their own through the wilderness. They have to make it past many dangers of waterfalls, wild animals, and learning to overcome their personal grudges. The voice work by Michael J. Fox, Sally Field, and Don Ameche fit so well. All these animals have their distinctive personality traits. Chance is a rule breaker, Sassy is classy and pristine, while Shadow is strict and stern hoping to make Chance recognize he can't act like a untrained canine all the time. It'll take all their bravery and teamwork to make it back to their owners. Beautifully shot, adventure filled, heartwarming, heartbreaking but all around family friendly. Considering this is also a remake of the Incredible Journey it manages to improve some parts. Children of all ages will love this one from Disney. True childhood favorite!

• Jan 27, 2021

A family favorite. Great humor and some very sweet moments.

A family favorite. Great humor and some very sweet moments.

• Nov 28, 2020

It's a little dated in 2020 but still a fun, nostalgic journey. Kids will probably love it.

• Nov 21, 2020

This movie gets me every single time. I've seen Homeward Bound many, many times, and I always get teary-eyed at the end. This is one of those rare talking pet movies where the voice actors and the on-screen animals are both worthy of praise. Plus, you can tell some actual care went into the writing and the filmmaking. The humor is clever, the story has heart, and this film is definitely one I recommend.

• Nov 16, 2020

I absolutely love this movie.

I absolutely love this movie.

• Sep 25, 2020

It improves on the original, that's all you want from a remake. I just about, marginally, liked the 1963 film, whereas I actually did comfortably enjoy 'Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey'. The animals are as adorable in this as they are in the first film, with more definitive care taken for them - that's not, arguably, the case in the '63 production. The premise is changed up in some areas, there's a scene that proceeds the conclusion which is rather nice and isn't in the other. The whole feel of this is more engaging, helped by the fact that it gives the animals a voice which works better than just a sole narrator; as was done in the 60s. Michael J. Fox is a strong choice for the voice role of Chance, while Sally Field and Don Ameche are solid in their roles as Sassy and Shadow respectively. Those three help make this a fairly enjoyable 84 minutes. Another positive thing is the locations, with some wonderful shots of the environment that the animals traverse through. Overall, a good film - nothing more, nothing less.

• Sep 04, 2020

The weirdest teen sex comedy I've ever seen. Who brings a Mountain Lion?

The weirdest teen sex comedy I've ever seen. Who brings a Mountain Lion?

• Jul 09, 2020

Fun family adventure everyone can enjoy.

Fun family adventure everyone can enjoy.

• May 09, 2020

This is a heart warmer journey about three lost pets who must pull together in order to get back home to their loving family. The only big actors are the ones who voice our three main animals( 2 dogs and a cat) This classic is one that could make you cry by the time it is over. It is amazing to see a film like this use live animals. In the end you will enjoy this movie overall for what it is.