Hot Fuzz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Fuzz Reviews

March 17, 2018
So many elements come together in this film to make it such an enjoyable watch - Excellent cast, script and shot making.  The last 1/4 of the movie shifts in style and goes a tad over-the-top, but the quality of the script and storyline build keeps it from completely bubbling over into gore and silliness.
½ March 4, 2018
Another masterpiece from Edgar, Pegg and frost.
March 3, 2018
Great fun and with a supporting cast to "die" for this very British film hits all the targets. Timothy Dalton and Edward Woodward plus Olivia Colman all enter the spirit with gusto. Simon Pegg is suitably panic, with wonderful English countryside and a kick-ass soundtrack its an entertainment feast.
½ February 17, 2018
(First and only viewing - 2/16/2018)
February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 5
Age/Originality: 2
Total: 20/25
February 2, 2018
One of the best action-comedy movies. The dialogue is fun, the characters are fun, and charging into battle with meandering swan, this movie is always worth checking out.
February 1, 2018
Absolutely brilliant. Pure genius from everyone who was involved.
½ January 29, 2018
The second installment of the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy masterfully blends action and comedy, and the result is a smart, hilarious and compelling cop film satire.
½ January 22, 2018
The only flaws are that the film is a tad dated and not as original as I imagine it must have been when it first came out. That's it. Rest is perfect.
½ January 22, 2018
One of my favourite comedic films of all time. Having grown up in rural England myself, this film pulls at my strings of familiarity and blends it with utter ridiculousness (and I mean that in a very good way). Comedy-action perfection.
January 21, 2018
Good enough that I watched three consecutive times and laughed at everything three consecutive times. Acting is spot on, and the special effects just the right amount of believability-not too realistic ( which would put you off your lunch ) yet does not test suspension of disbelief too much. The joke are great. Hope that the cast, crew, and directors keep up the good work!
½ January 13, 2018
you're saying this wasn't an accident..

Hot Fuzz

If taken lightly assuming the first act of the movie, you will be mind blown since it is no usual buddy-cop movie as it offers twists, smart comedy and a tightly packed action.
½ January 10, 2018
Still very good, but doesn't have the punch of Shaun of the Dead.
January 8, 2018
best police movie in years! such an entertaining movie
January 3, 2018
One of Edgar Wright's crowning cinematic achievements, there is hardly a moment where you will not be left rolling in the floors. Hot Fuzz parodies the 90s cop movie genre with magnificent use of all comedic modes.
January 3, 2018
The perfect film that combines action and comedy altogether with my kind of English humour exactly. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost make a great team together, along with a wonderful cast of characters who aren't what they first seem.
If you're a housewife who likes romantic comedies, then this isn't the film for you. But if you're a teenager or a dad who likes action films (even comedy films as well), then this is the perfect film for you. :)
January 2, 2018
The second installment in the Cornetto Trilogy is my favorite. The quick cut editing and fast paced action and humor while also including some of the most bad ass moments ever and a very unpredictable twist adds up to one of my favorite action-comedies!!!
December 24, 2017
The hands down best Comedy of all time.
I know there Classics out there, but this is the classic movies we gonna tell everyone in the future about.
December 24, 2017
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 7 7 7 = 77
December 21, 2017
Edgar Wright's Hot Fuzz is a fantastic satire of classic buddy cop movies, but there's more to this movie than people would usually see. It's genius. It's clever. It's witty. It's practically thrilling, even though the suspenseful moments are meant for comedic moments, which are executed extraordinarily well.