Hot Fuzz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Fuzz Reviews

August 20, 2017
2nd only to 'Paul' in Simon Pegg's great comedy films list.
½ August 17, 2017
Sgt. Nicholas Angel proved to us what it means to be a dedicated police officer.
Hot Fuzz is the second instalment in the Cornetto Three Flavours Trilogy and I think it's on equal standing with Shaun of the Dead.
It is loud, witty and packed full with Pegg & Frost goodness. AWESOME!!!
August 12, 2017
This is the most stupidest and hilarious movie ever
½ August 8, 2017
This movie is amazing. Absolutely amazing. The cast is just 100% perfect. The story is silly, and it works. It's funny, it's stupid, and also dark, scary, and overall awesome. This is how you do comedy and action! It's entertaining, funny, and memorable. I love it.
August 6, 2017
Funny, brutally action-packed, Hot Fuzz is a smart film that does what a comedy should do: make you laugh.
August 3, 2017
Great performances with great directing, the only problem is with the color schemes. They bothered me. Other than that great movie
August 2, 2017
Stylish, funny and gleefully over the top. Hot Fuzz has Simon Pegg and Nick Frost at their best and Edgar Wright behind the camera with some unexpected surprises throughout.
½ August 1, 2017
Fairly funny comedy - with Ed WoodWard!
July 27, 2017
One thing that separates Edgar Wright from any other modern filmmaker is that despite ramping everything up on the surface, there is so much to scrape on the inside. In Hot Fuzz, his usual team of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost bring on the greater goods when satirizing the buddy cop genre. With some heavy action, acerbic wit, and a keen eye for detail, Hot Fuzz dares us to think twice. The devil's in the detail, and maybe we need to switch off. The effort brought to the second installment in the Cornetto Trilogy gives us what we want, and much more for the ones doing as much dirty work as Sgt. Angel would do.
½ July 19, 2017
This movie starts off as a comedy, then becomes a mystery, and then becomes an explosively entertaining action movie. I really enjoyed this film and do think its one of the better flicks of the "Cornetto trilogy". It's a total blast to watch but it does have a bumpy start. Ultimately this is a movie that embraces silliness like such an art that it becomes more than the mindless action movie.
July 19, 2017
Good funny Edgar right film starring Simon pegg. I enjoyed this movie, I loved the action and the comedy between Simon pegg and the fast without the s guy, no offense to whatever his name is. I never saw the first movie in this trilogy, Shaun of the dead but at least nothing, I have no good excuse. The main reason I saw this movie is because baby driver just came out and I want to compare the Edgar right movies.
July 15, 2017
A funny,well cast and acted satire. Even if it's not as good as Shaun of the dead.
½ July 10, 2017
With Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's chemistry and Edgar Wright's brilliant directing, Hot Fuzz is an overall fun movie experience.
July 8, 2017
Hilariously fun, particularly if you like (cheesy) American cop action movies a little more than you really should...
July 7, 2017
I know it's a satire, but I'll be damned if this isn't one of the best cop dramas to ever grace the face of the earth. It's funny, obviously. Not as laugh-out-loud funny as the other two Cornetto Trilogy films, but it's still very clever. However, the mysteries within this story go through so many twists and turns, and they're all so brilliantly set up and executed that I have no trouble believing "Hot Fuzz" could appeal and be completely loved by people who aren't in the slightest bit interested in this style of comedy. I think it works best as a satirical comedy, but the drama and action are great all on their own. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are excellent as always, and the supporting cast is filled with standouts as well. And Edgar Wright's signature flare is as appreciated here as ever. I thought there were moments where the cutting got too frantic and the stylized transitions became distracting, but it didn't tarnish my overall experience with the film, and I can't imagine any of it working anywhere near as well as it did if Wright wasn't at the helm. On paper, "Hot Fuzz" might seem like a much less zany film than the other two Cornetto Trilogy instalments, but I'm happy to report how much so that isn't the case. It's a difficult film to adequately describe without spoiling, so I'll just ask that I'm trusted when I say that fans of Wright, Pegg, Frost and either cop dramas or witty comedies will have plenty to love here, and I doubt anyone will be disappointed.
½ July 4, 2017
Though this action comedy (as opposed to the horror comedy from the previous film from the Pegg, Frost and Wright team) is ever so slightly less funny than that prior film but it is still an excellent film for the most part. The script and acting is once again great, the cast is even better this time round, I love the score/soundtrack, the action is crafted brilliantly while also being thrilling and the editing is incredibly well done.
July 2, 2017
I don't even like the movies it's lampooning... and yet this is my all-time favorite comedy.
½ June 30, 2017
A wickedly funny send-up to action films, much like Wright's preceding film was a send-up to zombie flicks. Also like that film, Hot Fuzz makes for another excellent pairing not only between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, but Pegg/Frost and Wright himself. The laughs here are non-stop, essentially coming every other line and in all kinds of unexpected ways. Wright had already proved his knack for cracking jokes through snappy editing and visual humor, often background happenings oblivious to our protagonists, and only amps it up to eleven here. It's a wild ride from start to finish that never ceases to amuse.
June 27, 2017
So hilarious. So stylish. So charming. Wright is the most amazing director currently practicing.
June 26, 2017
About as perfect a action comedy as you can get!