Hours - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hours Reviews

December 30, 2016
Love it , rip Paul walker
December 2, 2016
One of Paul Walker's last films is this suspenseful thriller that can be quite tense in a minimalist way when not contrived or melodramatic, yet it could have been set in any city hit by a fictional hurricane without the need of using a real tragedy as a plot device.
October 14, 2016
Paul Walker's excellent performance as well as the suspense carried this film to great lengths! You just can't help but wanting to keep watching it!
½ August 19, 2016
Paul Walker's last film
August 11, 2016
Walker was good here, but I like him better action movies. This is slow moving - difficult not to be when it is basically Walker and a baby in the room alone the whole movie. Had to wonder why he didn't look for another ventilator to switch out the battery, but that is just me. Average movie.
½ August 7, 2016
It could do with better direction and pacing but Hours features a strong performance by Paul Walker.
July 27, 2016
All in all, it's quite an average, forgettable, and ultimately disposable movie, with nothing particularly good or bad about it.
April 30, 2016
in memory of Paul Walker, and one of his movies.
½ March 5, 2016
As a father of a Baby that spent the first few weeks of His life in antenatal ICU this movie hit close to home, the added pressure of the loss of a wife and Hurricane Katrina make this a Horror story which will scare teh crap out of any parent. Intense!
½ February 19, 2016
½ February 18, 2016
74%
Saw this on 18/2/16
Though it could have been better had it been provided with some more pacing and a more experienced director at the helm, after a jerky start in all aspects, Paul Walker's performance makes the film watchable and at times admirable. Genesis Rodriguez also gets to play something better than what she always gets. The film doesn't offer anything that we haven't seen yet though.
January 3, 2016
Wow great movie with alot of suspense !
½ January 2, 2016
terrible story line, bad acting, predictable
December 19, 2015
Grade A thriller. Paul Walker's best performance ever.
November 19, 2015
It's been a while since I've written a review on a movie I've seen. But after watching this film last night I felt compelled to let others know just how good it really is.

Over the years, Paul Walker had shown a lot of growth in his acting. But I feel like the larger than life Fast and Furious persona kept people from seeing his true potential. I love seeing actors break out of their typical roles and do something challenging and different, and that's exactly what he did with this film. As far as I'm concerned this was the performance of his career, and really shows just how good he can be. The situations he's put through in this role are very intense and emotional, and I felt like he nailed every nuance. His performance made me truly care about what happened to his character, and his newborn daughter. Making that character-to-audience connection can be especially difficult, but when an actor/director can achieve that, it is truly special and can make a film go from just enjoyable to truly moving.

Using a real life major disaster like Hurricane Katrina can be hit or miss. But Eric Heisserer does an excellent job of giving you just enough of the storm to essentially make it a supporting character, and it just adds to the depth and intensity of the scenes. Katrina was one of the largest and most devastating natural disasters of our time, and the film gives viewers a first hand account of what it was like to be stuck right smack in the middle of it. I also felt like the realism was there. I pictured myself being in that same situation and doing many of the exact same things exactly as Paul did them. As a father myself I identified with his character very naturally, and at times I really felt like I was right there in the hospital experiencing it with him.

The pace of the movie I felt was absolutely perfect as well. There was a great mix of drama, emotion, and intensity. Just when I'd think things were slowing down to the point where it could possibly start to get stagnant, something else would happen, which kept my attention and interest constant and focused.

Overall, I feel like this film should have received more attention than it did. But it's no surprise with the way Hollywood is cranking them out nowadays. Hopefully this review convinces a few more people to check it out. You won't be disappointed.
November 15, 2015
amazing movie,the end wow is great films,lo que los padres asen por sus hijo@ no ahi limited,so sad in the end is good movie wake up people
November 12, 2015
I was eager to see this movie since hearing about what happened... I'm even MORE eager to see it after seeing the trailer (the trailer ALONE was a real tearjerker to be honest... I can only imagine how it'll be with the MOVIE)! For those who have seen this movie already... is it like that? For those who haven't seen it already, but HAVE seen the trailer, TRY to tell me I'm wrong... TRY to tell me you weren't at least on the verge of tears by the end of the trailer! Anyway, I STILL think it looks GREAT...! (RIP Paul Walker!)
½ October 10, 2015
EMPATHETIC | TENSE | UPLIFTING (77-out-of-100)
October 6, 2015
Meeeeeeeeh. The characters are all bland, cardboard cutouts who seem to be reading their lines from a cue card off screen. The hospital staff (along with Paul's character) are all incompetent neanderthals that act like self loving, self righteous, idiots. They're along so unlikable. We could only stand 63 minutes of this movie before shutting it off.
½ September 17, 2015
Gillar filmidén. Kan nog upplevas långsam men jag fillar den ganska mycket ändå