I, Frankenstein - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I, Frankenstein Reviews

½ December 26, 2016
An odd premise garbage cgi monsters and no good performance to save it.
November 30, 2016
I, Frankenstein is a disappointing film. It is about Frankenstein's creature who finds himself caught in an all-out, centuries old war between two immortal clans. Aaron Eckhart and Miranda Otto give terrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Stuart Beattie did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with motion picture.
November 26, 2016
I cannot BELIEVE this film didn't get higher ratings. I absolutely adored it!!!!!
I've always had a thing for Frankenstein and Gargoyles, plus I really liked the story and the visuals and the music were spot on.
November 10, 2016
I cast much doubt upon this film when it first came out in January 2014 due to its greatly negative reviews. Since then, however, I have remembered it and always wondered just how bad it might be. I finally received the chance to watch it, and I have learned, yet again, you cannot trust the critics and their reviews. It seems that these critics thought too into the film, and some might have believed it was based upon the novel by Mary Shelley, which would cause much negativity due to its inspiration-only stance towards the novel. Based on the graphic novel by Kevin Grevioux (who also stars in the film in a supporting role), the story follows Frankenstein's monster, who has lived to the present day over 200 years after his creation. When a great threat that could destroy all of humanity arises, he realizes he is the only one who can stop it. Now, as I watched the movie, and even before, I knew this film was not going to be on the same level as masterpieces such as The Shawshank Redemption or Young Frankenstein, nor would it be on the same level as films such as The Avengers or Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. I saw this as a monster film, which I find much different than most films, meaning that I don't look at the plot as much as I would those aforementioned films. While it is a factor, I also look at the action, visuals, and performances, which are what led me to love the film so much. The action is nonstop, like many movies of the last few years (such as Transformers), and the visuals accompany this factor, which help make the movie so amazing. Despite a $65 million budget (nowadays, many films are above $100 or even $200 million just for that), the CGI is well-done, and the creatures throughout the movie are completely passable. But the movie would not be complete without the great cast. Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight, Olympus/London Has Fallen), Bill Nighy (Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part One), Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck, Batman: Bad Blood), Miranda Otto (The Lord of the Rings Trilogy), and Jai Courtney (Divergent, Jack Reacher, Suicide Squad) all give outstanding performances as Adam (Frankenstein's monster), Charles Wessex, Terra Wade, Leonore, and Gideon, and that is what helped make the whole movie for me. Finally, the score by Johnny Klimek and Reinhold Heil is a welcome addition to the film, and it helps the film become even more of a grand spectacle, because, as I believe, no film is truly complete without a great score to match, with few exceptions. In conclusion, though it is somewhat rushed near the middle and has some pacing issues, this film proved to me that one cannot simply trust the critics, and that it is better to go off your own opinion in the end. All in all, my final opinion is that I loved this movie. 'Nuff said.
½ November 5, 2016
2016-11-05 better than expected
½ November 5, 2016
it's a cool movie. it's one of this classic dark fantasy-action-adventure-mystery-movie. a bit like underworld.
what it has to do with the history of frankenstein from shelley i can't really see - but it doesn't matter. anyway a great movie.
October 16, 2016
I Frankenstein? More like I Wankenstein. This film was so fucking dull, ludicrous and joyless. The acting was terrible, the story made no sense, the special effects sucked ass and the final confrontation between Harvey Dent and a drunk Bill Nighy was laughably embarassing. Fuck this movie.
September 29, 2016
I really liked this creative story. An imagining of demons, which appear as humans, versus angels, which appear as gargoyles and are much, much fewer in number, into which stumbles lonely, haunted Frankenstein's monster. The demon prince intends to increase the already numerous demons. He has been hoarding 100s of thousands of dead bodies which he intends to animate as soulless vessels for new demon souls to inhabit. There was more to this movie than first meets the eye. About good versus evil. About humanity, loyalty, leadership. I always enjoy higher concepts mixed with syfy / fantasy.
½ September 28, 2016
Not bad. Not great, either.
September 22, 2016
This has to be the lowest score I've ever seen!
And for that reason, 'a must see'. Film4 tonight @ 9pm.
½ September 15, 2016
I,, Frankenstein (2014)
Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Yvonne Strahovski, Bill Nighy, Jai Courtney, Miranda Otto, Caitilin Stasey, Kevin Grevioux, Aden Young, Deniz Akdeniz, Chris Pang, Socratis Otto, Steve Mouzakis, and Bruce Spence
Written By: Stuart Beattie
Directed By:Stuart Beattie
Review
In the battle between good and evil, an immortal holds the key.
I don't know what to say about this load of crap, I mean this is literally the worst horror film I have ever seen since all the other bad horror films I've seen. This movie feels like a blatant rip-off of Underworld and possibly legion which is terrible.
The film revolves around Frankenstein trying to find out who is(I guess)one night two-hundred years ago he encounters some demons and they are killed by the gargoyles that defend us. He leaves and tries to set out and walk through his life but is still hunted by the demons and he decides to hunt them. The demons plan to reincarnate their souls into body's that don't have souls to produce an army to destroy the gargoyles and mankind but Frankenstein is the key to stopping that.
Never again will I see a movie like this I hope cause this is the most bland movie I have ever seen. While I was watching it I didn't feel like I was watching a film but just stuff for an hour and a half. The effects are the worst I have seen all year, the only good thing I can say about this load of garbage is that it has one enjoyable fight but after it's just plain blandness again.
I never watched a Frankenstein movie before but since this was my first I just hope the movies are better cause this was a piece of crap. The slow-mo is utilized a couple of times in this movie but not to the point of bitter annoyance thankfully. The movie need to have more fast-paced fighting.
I, Frankenstein sucks, it is the worst film I have seen all year. I give this film a half out of five.
September 6, 2016
this is a good movie.
September 4, 2016
awesome movie! when's number 2 out???
September 1, 2016
I always agree with rotten tomatoes but this was actually a really good movie it wasn't the best I'll give it a 50/50 it was very entertaining because this is a first of demons and gargoyles and it had the famous actor Bill Nighy you can obviously tell it's from the underworld makers and they did put a little bit of good effort in the movie it was a little out of whack but it wasn't too bad and I actually enjoyed it I prefer this movie then Suicide Squad any day of the week anytime I am a great critic I am from Los Angeles Hollywood
½ August 28, 2016
People are afraid. They don't understand what God has given us. This seems to be folklore, but it's not. The real world is out there. You have to just open your mind.
½ August 16, 2016
Solid cast and visuals but the plot just missed the mark as a modernized legend.
½ August 11, 2016
Incoherently loud, boring, confused and lifeless, I Frankenstein fails to showcase anything that can be called "good". Instead, we are subjected to soulless characters, a dull and preaching plot, glitchy CGI and, ultimately one of the most creatively bare films the world has ever had the misfortune to see.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Better than I expected after so many negative comments, It's nothing new it felt like a cross between Blade, Van Helsing and Underworld that's been slapped with a 12a certificate, It's entertaining in parts with some good effects and fight scenes, Aaron Eckhart plays Frankenstein AKA Adam Well and does his best with what he was given, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, Not memorable but worth a watch.
½ July 27, 2016
This was a sub par Underworld wanna be, hands down. It was blatantly obvious from the tone, to the some of the literal talent in the flick. It's got enough action for me but the story just isn't there, and I don't care about anyone in this movie at all.
July 25, 2016
I saw this movie in an empty theatre, The Theatre was completely empty when me, dad, linda and cage saw it, We Thought it wasn't good, But We Even Didn't think it's too of an awful movie ever, The Best Dragon movies are Dragon Heart, The Hobbit, Not Eragon, How to Train Your Dragon and Harry Potter.
This Movie Wasn't one of them, Sorry!

Score: 4/10