I, Frankenstein - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I, Frankenstein Reviews

April 17, 2018
Why does this have such a low rating? I loved it.
March 6, 2018
I thought its a good action movie. Its a bit like van helsing, i thought. With VANHELSING, dracula tries to CAPTURe frankenstein to raise his CHILDREN, this one raise dead corpses for the demons to possess. The things that i dont like is that this movie suppose to take place in a modern times in a big city, base on the look of all the buildings, so where are all of the people during the fight between both sides. What times are they out there FIGHTING? I am a night owl and when I get out of the house around 3, 4 or SOMETIME even 5 in the MORNING i see cars driving and sometimes PEOPLe. It would be more realistic if the demond HEADquarter were to LOCATe far from the CITY. Most of the times the city looks like a ghost town. All of the fighting, all of the noise they makes, building and car DESTROYed, and no one were around to hear IT.
½ January 7, 2018
A really, really messy, bland movie that won't sit well after viewing.
December 23, 2017
Frankstein se une aos anjos para matar demônios, porém estes ficam sempre com um pé atrás e tentam inclusive matá-lo, porém no final se unem contra o mal que tentava construir um exército com mortos angariados durante muitos anos....
December 13, 2017
I...hate this movie.

1/5 stars
½ October 5, 2017
Not the best Frankenstein movie but not the worst
September 4, 2017
I thought the movie did OK. It kept my attention.
August 25, 2017
disappointed but the concept was cool $7
July 24, 2017
Painful to sit through and complete bore from start to finish. The creature designs are terrible and the CGI utter trash. Performances are terrible with both Nighy and Eckhart showcasing Zero ability to either impress or intrigue with the latter at a career low.
½ July 10, 2017
it's OK if you've got insomnia
May 1, 2017
A lacklustre and pretty boring film, which, in a nut shell, is all CGI and nothing else.

2/10
February 24, 2017
this movie try's to be another Van Helsing or Underworld franchise, but it has cheesy CGI and not well written dialogue
February 20, 2017
I really enjoyed this and am not sure why it's rated so low. I liked it almost as much as Underworld... a unique take on Frankenstein.
February 12, 2017
This film is by far one of the worst films I have ever seen
½ February 7, 2017
Great fan of monster movie but this movie ruin it.
½ December 26, 2016
An odd premise garbage cgi monsters and no good performance to save it.
November 30, 2016
I, Frankenstein is a disappointing film. It is about Frankenstein's creature who finds himself caught in an all-out, centuries old war between two immortal clans. Aaron Eckhart and Miranda Otto give terrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Stuart Beattie did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with motion picture.
November 26, 2016
I cannot BELIEVE this film didn't get higher ratings. I absolutely adored it!!!!!
I've always had a thing for Frankenstein and Gargoyles, plus I really liked the story and the visuals and the music were spot on.
November 10, 2016
I cast much doubt upon this film when it first came out in January 2014 due to its greatly negative reviews. Since then, however, I have remembered it and always wondered just how bad it might be. I finally received the chance to watch it, and I have learned, yet again, you cannot trust the critics and their reviews. It seems that these critics thought too into the film, and some might have believed it was based upon the novel by Mary Shelley, which would cause much negativity due to its inspiration-only stance towards the novel. Based on the graphic novel by Kevin Grevioux (who also stars in the film in a supporting role), the story follows Frankenstein's monster, who has lived to the present day over 200 years after his creation. When a great threat that could destroy all of humanity arises, he realizes he is the only one who can stop it. Now, as I watched the movie, and even before, I knew this film was not going to be on the same level as masterpieces such as The Shawshank Redemption or Young Frankenstein, nor would it be on the same level as films such as The Avengers or Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. I saw this as a monster film, which I find much different than most films, meaning that I don't look at the plot as much as I would those aforementioned films. While it is a factor, I also look at the action, visuals, and performances, which are what led me to love the film so much. The action is nonstop, like many movies of the last few years (such as Transformers), and the visuals accompany this factor, which help make the movie so amazing. Despite a $65 million budget (nowadays, many films are above $100 or even $200 million just for that), the CGI is well-done, and the creatures throughout the movie are completely passable. But the movie would not be complete without the great cast. Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight, Olympus/London Has Fallen), Bill Nighy (Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part One), Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck, Batman: Bad Blood), Miranda Otto (The Lord of the Rings Trilogy), and Jai Courtney (Divergent, Jack Reacher, Suicide Squad) all give outstanding performances as Adam (Frankenstein's monster), Charles Wessex, Terra Wade, Leonore, and Gideon, and that is what helped make the whole movie for me. Finally, the score by Johnny Klimek and Reinhold Heil is a welcome addition to the film, and it helps the film become even more of a grand spectacle, because, as I believe, no film is truly complete without a great score to match, with few exceptions. In conclusion, though it is somewhat rushed near the middle and has some pacing issues, this film proved to me that one cannot simply trust the critics, and that it is better to go off your own opinion in the end. All in all, my final opinion is that I loved this movie. 'Nuff said.
½ November 5, 2016