Identity Thief - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Identity Thief Reviews

½ May 18, 2017
So I saw this movie on TV and it was some what funny Melissa McCarthy is a funny in this movie she is a good actress and a funny one and that's the best part! I was laughing when I saw this
May 4, 2017
Some unsurprising inappropriate humor, but it did have a little heart. It isn't too bad when you compare it to similar comedies of the past couple of years. (First and only viewing - 9/6/2014)
½ April 14, 2017
It starts off very promising, but then just relies on the two actors to pull some face or joke out of the gag plot. A missed chance.
March 15, 2017
February 9th 2013
June 4th 2013
August 30th 2013
September 7th 2015
March 14th 2017
January 17, 2017
The film has cheap written all over it. The plot line is very boring and generic, everything that happens is predictable. This is meant to be a comedy movie yet the jokes are cheap and only funny to under 15's.
December 27, 2016
Decent McCarthy flick with Bateman as her foil. The premise doesn't hold up well, especially as the movie progresses, but there are a laughs and chuckles along the way - but too few to carry the movie.
December 17, 2016
Man gets his identity stolen and heads to Florida to bring her back to talk with his boss to get his job back that she cost him. Kind of a dull movie.
½ December 13, 2016
Terribly forgettable.
September 8, 2016
Surprisingly good this
September 4, 2016
I keep trying to like a movie with Melissa McCarthy in but I just can't, this movie was a pain to get through and I did watch it all. This is just my opinion of course but I don't know why they keep casting McCarthy in movies because I just don't find her funny and I think her comedy is always forced.
September 4, 2016
This movie was less than the sum of its parts. It's only the fact that the two leads are so likeable themselves that made me watch this film to the end. It was hard to suspend disbelief about some plot points (particularly action sequences) and the emotional heart of the film also seemed unevenly distributed (Diana's pathos). Melissa McCarthy is better than this.
September 1, 2016
lazy cops wont give the credit card fraud victims justice so he sets out on quest to bring Melissa McCarthy back home to the police. Her and Jason Bateman are funny and its even cute in a family way for some reason how they end up showing a bond at the end and play cards and eat cake in jail awwwww
August 29, 2016
I watched this movie on the plane to Spain in the summer of 2013 and I have to say I laughed more than I thought I would. I was surprised to see how low the ratings were.
August 18, 2016
Definitely funny but too many complications.
½ August 16, 2016
A solid comedy but the plot drags out and gets muddled by the end of the 2-hour sitting and making an antihero out of a scammer doesn't quite sell to me as a viewer but good laughs all the way.
½ August 14, 2016
Not my type of comedy but fine.
½ August 13, 2016
Decently funny. Bateman makes it of course.
½ August 2, 2016
While this comedy does have its weaknesses (in the form an average ending) the majority is a bundle of laughs, from both Bateman and McCarthy alike. Even though the material they had to work with wasn't great, it still remains as one of the funniest movies of 2013.
Verdict: B-
July 31, 2016
While slow to get going (or funny), after a certain amount of build up the natural chemistry between Melissa McCarthy and Jason Bateman shines through to make a winning combination.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
A film that from the title and the cast sounds like it should be laugh out loud silly fun but it's far from, Ok there is a few silly bits but not too many laughs to be had but when they arrive they're funny, Mostly the film had heart and has more story and emotional bits than it should but it works, Melissa and Jason on screen chemistry is great and makes the film better, It's nothing that isn't new or stands out but it's fun.