Identity Thief - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Identity Thief Reviews

August 15, 2017
How did this get such a lousy score? I LOVE this movie, and have watched it several times. It's original and funny!
August 2, 2017
A class of the good actors and a good comedy.
August 2, 2017
I don't get the low audience rating on this movie, because it was so funny! I laugh so hard many times, the chemistry between McCharty and Bateman felt so genuine and the evolution to its characters as well.

|7,3 out of 10|
July 13, 2017
Identity Thief is funny and creative, but lacks the intelligent writing and story to be considered a decent movie.
July 5, 2017
McCarthy is funny, but is a bit of a one-trick pony and that trick is done over and over here.
½ May 18, 2017
So I saw this movie on TV and it was some what funny Melissa McCarthy is a funny in this movie she is a good actress and a funny one and that's the best part! I was laughing when I saw this
May 4, 2017
Some unsurprising inappropriate humor, but it did have a little heart. It isn't too bad when you compare it to similar comedies of the past couple of years. (First and only viewing - 9/6/2014)
½ April 14, 2017
It starts off very promising, but then just relies on the two actors to pull some face or joke out of the gag plot. A missed chance.
March 15, 2017
February 9th 2013
June 4th 2013
August 30th 2013
September 7th 2015
March 14th 2017
January 17, 2017
The film has cheap written all over it. The plot line is very boring and generic, everything that happens is predictable. This is meant to be a comedy movie yet the jokes are cheap and only funny to under 15's.
December 27, 2016
Decent McCarthy flick with Bateman as her foil. The premise doesn't hold up well, especially as the movie progresses, but there are a laughs and chuckles along the way - but too few to carry the movie.
December 17, 2016
Man gets his identity stolen and heads to Florida to bring her back to talk with his boss to get his job back that she cost him. Kind of a dull movie.
½ December 13, 2016
Terribly forgettable.
September 8, 2016
Surprisingly good this
September 4, 2016
I keep trying to like a movie with Melissa McCarthy in but I just can't, this movie was a pain to get through and I did watch it all. This is just my opinion of course but I don't know why they keep casting McCarthy in movies because I just don't find her funny and I think her comedy is always forced.
September 4, 2016
This movie was less than the sum of its parts. It's only the fact that the two leads are so likeable themselves that made me watch this film to the end. It was hard to suspend disbelief about some plot points (particularly action sequences) and the emotional heart of the film also seemed unevenly distributed (Diana's pathos). Melissa McCarthy is better than this.
September 1, 2016
lazy cops wont give the credit card fraud victims justice so he sets out on quest to bring Melissa McCarthy back home to the police. Her and Jason Bateman are funny and its even cute in a family way for some reason how they end up showing a bond at the end and play cards and eat cake in jail awwwww
August 29, 2016
I watched this movie on the plane to Spain in the summer of 2013 and I have to say I laughed more than I thought I would. I was surprised to see how low the ratings were.
August 18, 2016
Definitely funny but too many complications.
½ August 16, 2016
A solid comedy but the plot drags out and gets muddled by the end of the 2-hour sitting and making an antihero out of a scammer doesn't quite sell to me as a viewer but good laughs all the way.