Idle Hands - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Idle Hands Reviews

August 15, 2016
Frantically paced flick can't decide if it's a comedy or a thriller.
June 6, 2016
Best movie ever made. Go Go Buffalo
½ April 20, 2016
Hilarious, great writing (the characters are all great) and performances, and above all unique, this movie will consistently make you laugh while wondering what's happening, and how it will end! I have seen this multiple times and still enjoy it!
April 17, 2016
Absolutely hilarious comedy horror flick with a surprisingly well known cast.
½ April 3, 2016
Starts out as a homage to Evil Dead 2, and gets sillier and sillier, but it is good fun!
November 5, 2015
Certainly an unusual movie. It's obviously intended to be ludicrous, so you can't fault it for that. I didn't care for some of its crude and tasteless content though, but I otherwise found it to be silly and entertaining. It's worth seeing once. (First and only viewing - 11/5/2015)
October 4, 2015
Everything you would expect from a 90's stoner teen horror comedy.
October 2, 2015
Idle Hands is another disappointing film. It is about lazy Anton's right hand that becomes possessed with murderous intent. Devon Sawa and Seth Green give horrible performances. The script is badly written. Rodman Flender give horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
April 3, 2015
A couple funny moments. Totally a 90s movie.
February 24, 2015
I freakin love this movie!
February 13, 2015
surprised to see alba in this, good fun over the top film. good to se Seth Green. Not amazing but one of those films that entertains regardless.
December 31, 2014
Gonna watch it tonight and see if it is good.
½ December 15, 2014
12/15/2014: More comedy than horror really, but it was fairly entertaining in spite of the overalls silliness if it. Jessica Alba! Enough said!
December 13, 2014
I think there was potential in this teen horror/comedy, which is somewhat of a mashup of "The Hands of Orlac" and "Evil Dead 2" but dressed up as a teen sex comedy. Devon Sawa's hands become possessed by a killer and he (or the hands) kills his parents and best friends, one of whom is played by Seth Green. His stoner buddies then are resurrected as stoner zombies. Sawa is also trying to woo a teenage Jessica Alba while at the same time not letting his possessed hands killer her. I do think this film could have worked if the filmmakers were as clever as Sam Raimi (this film was from the director of "Leprechaun 2"), but they instead this film is really just any other bland teen comedy with horror elements thrown in. I will give Sawa credit for some good physical comedy, ALA Bruce Campbell with his possessed hand in "Evil Dead 2," but that alone can't carry a film. This was an early film role for Jessica Alba. Also look for Vivica A. Fox, Fred Willard, Sean Whalen and Kyle Gass, but don't go out of your way to watch this one.
½ October 30, 2014
It's Halloween time, so I've decided to watch some Halloween films of the non-scary variety. Idle Hands may not be a terrible movie, but it's also not all that memorable. There doesn't seem like too much of a purpose to it all.

Reminiscent of the Evil Dead films, this film subtly sprinkles comedy over the horror, but still doesn't invoke many laughs. But as nostalgia, we can look back and somewhat appreciate this film for what it is. It serves as a nice addition to the cult halloween movie genre.

It's seldom laugh-out-loud, and it's also not terribly quotable. However, the cast is fun to watch and it's far from boring. Idle Hands is so goofy that it just works.

Twizard Rating: 74
½ September 27, 2014
A film that I loved more than I should have, Idle Hands is a bizarre hybrid of the stoner comedy and horror genres that mixes laughs with the grotesque in a way that proves thoroughly entertaining.
September 22, 2014
90's crapstick humor flick which is notable for bringing Jessica Alba to the attention of competent producers and directors.
½ August 31, 2014
It's f***ing stupid as hell but I grew up watching it so for whatever reason nostalgia keeps pulling me back in.
½ August 15, 2014
This movie is freaking hysterical!!! Brings me back to my teenager days :)
½ July 31, 2014
Pretty typical high school comedy, nothing really stands out in either direction. Just meh, but worth watching if there is nothing else on.