Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Reviews

• Aug 09, 2019

"Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" successfully transitions the Indiana Jones franchise to the 21st century with better visual effects. Is that really a good thing though? The less-polished nature of the original trilogy is part of its charm. Also, the violence in this film is also very mild compared to previous installments, but depending on who you ask that could either be a good or a bad thing. For me, it's a bad thing. There are also a lot of aspects of the film that are very far fetched, such as characters randomly gaining control of an army of monkeys. Or a man well into his sixties beating the crap out of multiple highly trained soviet soldiers on a moving vehicle. I was also not a fan of the direction they took the film in with the (spoilers) interdimensional crystal skull aliens. Previous films pulled from various artifacts and stories of real religions, but this was just completely out of left field. Although I have many gripes with the film, it was entertaining enough to earn it 2.5 stars.

• Aug 02, 2019

It's solid but Harrison Ford has sadly aged out of the Indy role.

It's solid but Harrison Ford has sadly aged out of the Indy role.

• Jul 31, 2019

It was okay, the least of the Indy films, but entertaining despite its flaws and silliness --which is no less silly than what's in the previous sequels (e.g. raft falling out of plane, 400 yr old knight speaking modern English, etc.). The '50s setting was fun.

• Jul 29, 2019

Argh! No! Make it stop! This movie is so bad it doesn't even work as a B-movie people watch ironically. It makes me sad to see legends like Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, John Hurt, in a film with such terrible writing. I prefer to pretend this movie never happened!

• Jul 23, 2019

This movie is offencive to the previous 3.

This movie is offencive to the previous 3.

• Jul 22, 2019

Very similar premise but felt lacking in chemistry between Harrison ford and Shia LaBeouf. It just didn't do much to wow me.

• Jul 20, 2019

Loved this movie. Absolutely amazing. Don't know why people hate it. It was great to see Indiana Jones take a new direction and step away from Supernatural and religious artifacts and into the realm of paranormal. The Villains were awesome and the fight scene with the ants is the best fight in the whole series. The locations were cool and I loved how instead of taking place in the deserts of Africa or Middle East Indy finally has an entire adventure in the Jungle. This was such a fun movie and probably my Favorite of the 4.

• Jul 19, 2019

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull isn't awful but it doesn't really feel like an Indiana Jones movie, it's a bit too cheesy and slap stick.

• Jul 15, 2019

John Hurt and Ray Winstone combined could not equal the missing Denholm Elliott. The characters and acting of these two were just pointless and ruined a 5 star story.

• Jul 11, 2019