Innocent Sorcerers (Niewinni Czarodzieje) Reviews

• May 15, 2015

What is supposed to be witty exchanges is just pretentious platitudes.

What is supposed to be witty exchanges is just pretentious platitudes.

• Feb 16, 2014

A sweet would-be-love story from Andrzez Wadja, that is an affable black sheep amongst the rest of his films.

• Oct 20, 2009

I'm hoping to find a Wajda film I like as much as Kanal, but this one isn't it. It's okay... slightly new wave, as if influenced by Breathless, but I believe it actually came out first. Most of it consists of one conversation between the two main characters, whose flippant tone with each other hides a deeper desire to connect. A nice movie, but not too fulfilling. Keep an eye out for young Roman Polanski.

• Feb 24, 2009

quite a poetic and magical movie. it's all just a play, just a game...and the jazz suits so ideally

• Jul 31, 2008

Innocent Sorcerers is a Polish new wave film about a young doctor who tires of his Casanova ways and dares to fall in love with a woman who he initially picks up in a bar. There's a great jazz score, and the black and white cinematography makes Warsaw look almost as good as Paris. Although the film moves at a slow pace by modern standards, it's an amusing, even sweet-natured look at one couple's attempts to move beyond the post-World War II generation's selfishness, bravado, and dismissal of love as something hopelessly square.

• Jul 04, 2008

A superior romantic story. Great music too!

A superior romantic story. Great music too!