Inside Daisy Clover Reviews

• Jul 18, 2020

Powerful and Wood is absolutely fantastic.

Powerful and Wood is absolutely fantastic.

• Apr 16, 2020

Natalie Wood, Christopher Plummer, Ruth Gordon and Robert Redford are absolutely awesome in this beautifully crafted critic of Hollywood star system.

• Feb 15, 2019

Natalie Wood is too old to play a teenager. It's incredulous to think that a 15 year old girl, who lives in a beach shack and doesn't go to school, suddenly has the education to make records and film movies using grammar consistent with college-educated women. Ruth Gordon is a gem - she should have been given a bigger role. The sexuality of Robert Redford was a great storyline and should have been mined much more deeply, making this a more substantial movie. In the end, it is essentially plotless, meandering, with a spotty performance by Wood.

• May 20, 2017

Somebody should have insisted on a script rewrite.

Somebody should have insisted on a script rewrite.

• Apr 22, 2017

This is totally Goth nearly tragic coming of age story that I found fascinating because of the lonely isolation of Daisy even when she becomes a superstar. Her relationship with her mother is just like Marilyn Monroe and her crazy mom. Christopher Plummer is actually sexier than Robert Redford as the Prince of darkness.

• Jul 25, 2015

From the director, Robert Mulligan, who brought us TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD (1962, 9/10), INSIDE DAISY CLOVER is also a labour of love of its star Natalie Wood when she is at the top of her game. It is Wood's version of A STAR IS BORN, at the age of 27, the babyface Wood plays our titular 15-year-old tomboy heroine, who is discovered by the producer Raymond Swan (Plummer) of the Swan studio as a red-hot "America's valentine" for her singing gift and darling appeal in the mid-1930s. Nevertheless Daisy's spitfire nature is like a round peg in a square hole of the stardom and all its trappings - studio contracts, star-making procedure and hiding her personal background (she claims to be an orphan while in fact her lunatic mother is in a mental institution). continue reading my review on my blog: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1XQ

• Mar 31, 2015

Inside Daisy Clover is an amazing film. It is about a tomboy turned movie star who deals with the cruelty of Hollywood. Christopher Plummer, Natalie Wood, and Robert Redford give incredible performances. The screenplay is well written. Robert Mulligan did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama and romance. Inside Daisy Clover is a must see.

• Jan 13, 2015

love the exterior shots from the old sta monica pier

love the exterior shots from the old sta monica pier

• May 22, 2014

Natalie Wood plays the title character with such authenticity that you get drawn to this movie! Ruth Gordon plays her mother! She's so cool!

• Aug 08, 2013

27 year-old Natalie Wood plays teenage spitfire Daisy Clover, who lives with her eccentric mother (Ruth Gordon) in a trailer on the pier. She is discovered, becomes a movie star, and marries gay, drunk Robert Redford (and it's clear in 1965 Hollywood, committing statutory rape is way more palatable than homosexuality). Then she's sad. This is some crap melodrama, and the movie scenes are in no way authentic to the 1930s, but nobody does hysterics like Natalie Wood, and Ruth Gordon is wonderful as always.