The International Reviews

• Jan 15, 2021

The tagline on this is correct -the plot is "preposterous" yet mesmerizing. I watched it because it takes place in several locations -NYC, France, and Italy, and somewhere in the Middle East, I believe. Somewhere amid all this globetrotting the plot and story got tangled up and never quite untwisted itself. The story is fairly straightforward- a former Interpol agent takes revenge after his partner suddenly dies right before revealing a key contact in their investigation. At the coroner's he notices a mark on his partner's neck that points to poison. Thus begins his quest to find the killer. It's hard to figure out where things derailed. The acting was good, though some of the dialogue was cliched and corny ("You're a real stand-up guy", "A man meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it".) I think there were too many coincidences- they happened to see the main assassin walking down the street in New York -okaaaay. A gunfight at the Guggenheim with at least 6 assassins armed with machine guns, yet the main character managed to walk out the front door dragging a wounded assassin who had important info. Also, too many side chases that added action but probably could have been achieved some other way. Anyway, it's still worth watching if only to discuss all the strange twists and turns. If you like international crime mayhem then bring your passport and enjoy the ride!

• Dec 19, 2020

When you read the audience reviews, they read a lot better than the audience score suggests. It may have been a bit samey for its time, but after 10 months of COVID lockdown, it had worn well. Defs worth a look!

• Sep 29, 2020

Decent conspiracy thriller. Nothing particularly standoutish, but it is better shot and acted than a standard B thriller. While the film does have action, there is more dialogue and procedural here, which I actually didn't mind. One weak spot here is that the movie just kind of ended with no real resolution.

• Sep 13, 2020

People complainig about length when its under an hour long; complaints about simplicity of plot with mid-level complexity; or we've seen this one before when most stories have already been told. The film could have been trimed a bit but that's not a major issue, neither is the dialogue, neither is Owens' continual furrowed brow. What it does point up is the continual corruption of the cabal which has been with us since the dawn of time only growing in size and power over the years. The most recent version beginning with the 1913 Fed Reserve Act. From the six wealthiest men to today, the cabal rules, and there's little one can do, for even the POTUS signs on to gain and maintain power. Corruption has always been with us and always wiil, or that which The Internationalist tells us that few films do

• May 30, 2020

If you enjoy a bunch of aerial views of European cities, then this is the movie for you. The movie is very slow for an action/thriller, and way too long. There are a lot of "establishing shots" as the characters bounce from city to city just to have conversations with people in nondescript rooms. An international investigation into international banking and arms dealing apparently takes a lot of boring explanations. There are a lot of unnecessary platitudes, moral statements and philosophical musings in a failed effort to provide the movie with additional depth. After all the international intrigue, the ending is very unsatisfactory.

• May 05, 2020

Clive Owen da una buena actuación en una película que parece una combinación entre misión imposible, Shooter y James Bond, en cuanto a lo demás nada rescatable fuera de alguna escena de acción y los paisajes que ayudan a llevar una trama mal dirigida y mal escrita.

• May 30, 2019

Tragic case for Clive Owen, he broods well but with poor dialogue and plot he is the only one holding this chaos of half thought together. All the exciting elements of a Jason Bourne cross the spotlight with nothing of substance. I feel for Owen, he deserves better, if we don't find him a flick as good as children of men soon he will turn to drink and we'll loose this wonderful epitome of a modern English reluctant trudge idiom

• May 18, 2019

Never quite hits the highs and travels safe ground if jaded ground but Clive Owen is as impressive as ever.

• May 01, 2019

fairly interesting, but nothing we haven't seen before. One of my least favourite films of Tom Tykwer.

• Mar 17, 2019

The weakest point of the movie is the protagonist, who does not decide on what he has to do to defeat the villains. Problem that never gets over. I liked that it shows that the big banks move, many times, outside the law something that we have seen a lot in real life.