The Interpreter Reviews

• Feb 06, 2017

I like Nicole and Penn. good enough that I've watched it more than once.

I like Nicole and Penn. good enough that I've watched it more than once.

• Feb 01, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• May 08, 2016

Sean Penn's really good, but, there are too many far fetched ideas and implausibilities here. Nicole Kidman, get your bloody hair out of your face.

• Apr 08, 2016

A nice way to spend a couple of hours. Acting was good.

A nice way to spend a couple of hours. Acting was good.

• Jan 18, 2016

Worst movie I've ever seen

Worst movie I've ever seen

• Dec 18, 2015

Certainly intelligent, certainly a proper balance of action and drama only hindered by critics who can't interpret the fact that the UN is mainly a backdrop for the story.

• Nov 16, 2015

Meh, this is not a thriller to me. The leads were good and the story too but I felt like there was something missing.

• Nov 08, 2015

She knows not to speak the names of the dead. Deep in the heart of Africa a United Nations ambassador gets in the middle of an assassination attempt. A secret service agent is assigned to protect the interpreter and uncover the reason for the assignation attempts. A deep political scandal unfolds in front of the agent. "Vengeance is a lazy form of grief." Sydney Pollack, director of Tootsie, Out of Africa, Sabrina (1995), This Property in Condemned, Three Days of the Condor, and Absence of Malice, delivers The Interpreter. The storyline for this picture is kind of ordinary and predictable. The action scenes were solid and the acting was better than the content. The cast includes Sean Penn, Nicole Kidman, Katherine Keener, Jesper Christensen, and Michael Wright. "What do you do when you can't go to sleep?" "I stay awake." This picture was recommended to me by Fios so I DVR'd it off cable. It was pretty good during the action scenes with a few intense moments, but the overall film was pretty average. I'd only watch this if nothing better was on. "The teacher says good day to you." Grade: C

• Sep 27, 2015

Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Who is really planning on assassinating the guy from Africa? Full of twists and a decent movie

• Aug 10, 2015

Crisp and well acted but they sure do ask a lot of believe from the viewer.

Crisp and well acted but they sure do ask a lot of believe from the viewer.