The Invasion Reviews

• Feb 20, 2020

Lacklustre. Nicole Kidman puts in a strong showing, but 'The Invasion' fails to deliver on its promising premise. It's a pretty straightforward film, with little unpredictability - claiming major jeopardy in parts, but I never felt the dire straits that were being portrayed.

• Dec 30, 2019

The Invasion is a boring movie. It is about a psychiatrist who unearths the origin of an alien epidemic. Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman give disappointing performances. The screenplay is badly written. Oliver Hirschbiegel did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

• Sep 17, 2019

Blondes do not save the theatre this time, unfortunately.

Blondes do not save the theatre this time, unfortunately.

• Aug 08, 2019

Great film, don't understand terrible reviews. One of the best body snatcher iterations. Great cast, superb suspense.

• Dec 01, 2018

Yet another "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" knock-off, this one starring Nicole Kidman as a pricey D.C. psychiatrist who becomes convinced that something is very, very wrong. Spooky husbands, creepy kids, zombie cops: they're all here and then some, popping up early on just like they're supposed to, and soon, folks are dashing into traffic crying, "They're here! They're here!", Kidman is enlisting the aid of pal Daniel Craig ("Casino Royale", his first Bond pic, came out a year earlier), and, of course, they're pleading with each other NOT TO FALL ASLEEP. Fast cuts, lots of action, and--here's a switch--no pods. With Jeffrey Wright as the scientist racing against the clock to find a cure for the alien virus behind it all, and Jackson Bond as Kidman's young son. Was this remake necessary? Of course not. But is it suspenseful and entertaining? Most definitely: yes.

• Nov 23, 2018

Not bad at all, the story was good, the acting was good, the start maybe better but I liked it.

• Oct 27, 2018

May not be as sharp nor as fresh, but this third remake still did enough efforts to be effective while the modern update with timely political themes is terrifyingly persuasive. (B) (Full review TBD)

• Aug 06, 2018

A Good Suspence with a good cast. Made up of tension moments. A satisfying enjoyable suspence horror/thriller,

• Jul 31, 2018

So, apparently, I was wrong. It's not Bound that determines whether or not, you're a true Wachowski fan, it's this movie. But in my defense, not only were they uncredited writers on a re-edited version of a more talky cut, but I only found out when I was reading about my favourite directors on Wikipedia. The script shows signs of intelligence, there are a couple of good scenes and the performances are decent. And, hey look, Body Snatchers fans, Veronica Cartwright returns from the 1978 adaptation. Yet, the movie's never truly scary, it's not as thought-provoking as it wants to be, there's no proper build-up and it can be boring sometimes. There's also that damn cliche "kid is immune, and thus has potential for a world-saving cure using his blood". I'm not sure if the Wachowskis, along with their friend James McTeigue, who directed the edited version were uncredited because they asked or because Warner Bros. didn't want Oliver Hirschbiegel to be pissed when he finds out but I think it's for good reason. For all I know, they probably didn't even want to do rewrites and redirecting of this movie but Warner Bros. threatened to cancel Speed Racer and Ninja Assassin if they did so they figured "Let's get this over with". It's better than Assassins but it's still one of the weaker entries in the Wachowskis' filmography that once again has me saying "I thought Jupiter Ascending was better".

• Jul 13, 2018

Great new take on an old concept. We've had several adaptions of "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers" but this feels like a pretty great adaption for the 21st century. I'd recommend it to anyone that is a fan of the concept or even just Sci-fi Thrillers.