Iron Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man Reviews

½ July 29, 2016
Very Good Movie. Great job by Robert Downey. Great Story. Can't wait for the sequel.
½ July 29, 2016
Where it all began. My best MCU movie.
I have to be honest I wasn't a fan of Iron Man. But this movie was just Awesome, it showed that even to non-comic book fans it is enjoyable. I am happy to say that I'm a big fan of Iron Man now and This is one of the best super-hero movies ever. It has great action sequences which are placed in the appropriate scenes. It has a very good story. It has a Perfect lead character/actor. In my opinion, I don't think any marvel movie will beat this. But The Avengers came damn close.

Positives:
- Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark.
- The "serious" tone is perfect for the movie.
- Action sequences are great and are placed where they should be.
- The soundtrack is amazing!

Negatives:
- Gets overlong in some moments, but other than that, almost no negatives.

Overall score: 9/10 (Amazing).
As a fan of superhero movies, I'd probably rate this a 10/10
but from a filmmaking & casual movie go-er's perspective (Meaning realistic) I'll stick with a 9/10, Highly recommended for every superhero fans!
½ July 28, 2016
Not as good as everyone says it is but it is still a exelent example of character building and is a great starting point for the MCU (marvel cinematic universe)
½ July 26, 2016
Iron Man is unarguably one of the best movies of MCU which started the whole MCU which is a smart and sarcastically funny from time to time with great performance by RDJ.
July 19, 2016
Phase One of Marvel's invasion of Hollywood begins with a beautiful, well-acted, perfectly-paced bang.
July 19, 2016
Up until Iron Man 3, I wasn't a big fan of Iron Man. It's a personality thing. My boys, however, love Iron Man and rewatch episodes of the trilogy on occasion.

So a 4 star rating is about halfway between their and my rating.
July 18, 2016
With its great special effects and Robert Downey Jr.'s unforgettable performance as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Iron Man not only serves as a great start for the Marvel Cinematic Universe but is also a film that remains faithful to the source material, full of charm and wit and also occasionally quite funny.
½ July 14, 2016
The movie that proved that superhero flicks are more then just kiddy fodder and nerd crack, Iron Man triumphantly soars to heights never before seen.
July 13, 2016
The film which kickstarted the Marvel Cinematic Universe so successfully, and which gave Robert Downey Jr. the ultimate big screen comeback. Downey Jr. and Tony Stark are one and the same with one of the best casting choices I've ever seen. Jon Favreau confidently directs the film, which works well as a great solo adventure, but also serves as a starting point for some rather big things to come.
July 13, 2016
An overall outstanding movie! We can all give it thanks for starting the now extremely popular Marvel Cinematic Universe! With great special effects, very funny actor Robert Downey Jr. playing Tony Stark, and you have a classic comic book brought to the big screen.
July 13, 2016
Smart, surprisingly entertaining, and funny. Robert Downey Jr. is amazing as Iron Man. The best standalone movie in MCU.
½ July 13, 2016
My favourite movie among the Marvels movies.
July 10, 2016
Marvel's Iron Man is indeed the best way to start a cinematic universe . . With neatly structured plot and clear screenplay the movie is very connective to the general audience and hugely appealing to the comic book fans . Downey just lived his role . Finally I say it as a must watch
July 9, 2016
Iron Man is one of the best comic book films ever made. It features a strong Tony Stark character who decides to make an iron suit in order to help people and make a real difference. Robert Downey Jr. is terrific in this role. Iron man has a plot that makes sense and has action throughout. Overall one of Marvel's best films.
July 6, 2016
And incredible and exciting movie.With amazings scenes, a good plot and well done performances.
This is, The best Marvel Studio's movie ever made to date.
½ July 3, 2016
The film that started it all. Iron Man was a huge moment for the MCU and a huge moment for long time fans of the Marvel Universe in the comic book industry. This movie is a staple in Cinematic history and proved that comic book movies really can work as something else than dark Nolan type of films. Tony is a snarky billionaire and scientist who you can feel for as a damaged person who really does all he can to turn his life around after an incident happens that shows his company has been dealing with arms dealers illegally behind his back. It works with this story. It shows his growth from a naive still kind of spoiled brat character in the beginning and in the end he has grown into a very open minded person towards the things that are really happening around him. Over all this is a perfect start to a very successful franchise that we have right now.
½ July 1, 2016
Robert Downey Jr IS Iron Man.Period.Dazzling film!
July 1, 2016
The Best Marvel movie yet.
June 28, 2016
The first in marvels phase 1 and it leads the way so strong one may have to tested for steroids, awesome movie
½ June 25, 2016
Robert Downey Jr. sort of plays himself and it works.