Island in the Sky Reviews

• Feb 12, 2019

A decent little 'lost in the woods' flick.

A decent little 'lost in the woods' flick.

• Sep 11, 2018

An oddball survival movie with lots of strange moments. John Wayne is fantastic though and the aerial shots of Corsairs flying are superb.

• Oct 06, 2015

I've been flying for over 20 years. The first few minutes of this film are some of the most accurate aviation imagery I have ever seen. They really capture the intensity of an in-air emergency.

• Apr 14, 2015

Perfect/Priceless!!!!

Perfect/Priceless!!!!

• Feb 02, 2015

One of the best films any of these talents was ever involved with (John Wayne, director William Wellman, screenwriter and advisor Ernest K. Gann , and everyone else connected with the production). After decades of legal conflicts, it's delightful to see the restored film made available again.

• Nov 15, 2014

A good search drama with an excellent performance by John Wayne... Dooley's Down--Expands on a true story of a downed plane in Labrador winter... Wayne and Wellman give it their all in a high flying thriller!!

• Jul 26, 2013

Excellently made, but a bit dragged out.

Excellently made, but a bit dragged out.

• Apr 12, 2012

I certainly wouldn't use this movie as a reference if I were lost in the wilderness and wanted to find my way back to civilization...

• Mar 23, 2012

Good and different John Wayne film.

Good and different John Wayne film.

• Aug 06, 2011

It's melodramatic and clunky at times, but when it works (which it mostly does) it is well directed by the great William Wellman. The one death sequence in the film is in fact brilliant.