Jack's Back Reviews

• Feb 07, 2021

James Spader. That's all.

James Spader. That's all.

• Nov 23, 2020

It gets a little convoluted, but it's a cool, effective little thriller. What a way to recognize the 100th anniversary of the Jack the Ripper killings. Spader is really great in the dual roles here.

• Apr 03, 2020

A Sexy James Spader ( Pretty in Pink) stars in dual roles as two twin brothers. One of them us a doctor accused of murdering young women in the style of Jack the ripper. But when hes murdered his twin brother shows up saying that he's seen visions of the killer as well as the murders he's going to commit. It's all a bit lackluster. And there's not enough development or engagement to merit any sort of effectiveness. That being said Spader does what he can with the role but the writing is so overly mediocre it's hard to really feel any type of way about the whole thing. **/5

• Jan 13, 2020

Even taking into account the passage of time, this is still a bad movie. The "Jack the Ripper" angle is nothing but a flimsy backdrop in front of which this film school movie is produced. None of the "twists" are particularly shocking or entertaining. I am truly surprised by the positive reviews, and disappointed because they caused me to waste my time in watching this movie.

• Nov 22, 2017

Unique thriller involving the "Jack the Ripper" copycat during the present time with John Westford played by James Spader who is a medical student getting himself killed and his twin bother, Rick Westford also played by Spader psychological knowing about how it was done as a result of an automatic mental connection because they were twins.

• Jun 10, 2017

Wow, a shit ton about this movie is given away in the synopsis. Nice job.

Wow, a shit ton about this movie is given away in the synopsis. Nice job.

• Nov 23, 2016

A lost gem worth rediscovering.

A lost gem worth rediscovering.

• May 13, 2016

A typical Hollywood thriller in the 1980s.

A typical Hollywood thriller in the 1980s.

• Feb 06, 2016

Interesting but I could see the ending a mile away.

Interesting but I could see the ending a mile away.

• Jan 31, 2016

MVP: James Spader. Easy to see how great he is even back in this film. Worth watching just for him. As for the film itself, it is made worthwhile for the last fifteen minutes. The rest of the movie is just kind of... Basic. The police are extremely incompetent, which took me out of the movie a few times. Who are these men? The Manitowoc County police department?? Not entirely sure how Rick Westford's thought process kept him going where he did... But James Spader always sells it. Cynthia Gibb also made a good supporting character.