Jacob's Ladder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jacob's Ladder Reviews

March 8, 2018
Interesting story and un predictable twists and turns, "Jacobs Ladder" definitely delivers on those aspects but in the end I really wasn't that interested and the ending was disappointing.
½ February 26, 2018
A psychological horror film with an atmosphere nightmarish enough to give you the strange feeling that you need to see it, although you can't tell exactly what's going on until the final scene.
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 19, 2018
Horror psicológico de primeira, cheio de confusões mentais e um ótimo plot twist. Interpretação muito boa do Tim Robbins!
December 7, 2017
Critics and and many viewers alike have got this film completely wrong! Jacobs Ladder is an artistically driven masterpiece that exceeds in its ability to make viewers think on what really is reality!
½ November 16, 2017
A tense and eerie thriller that drowns you in atmosphere and apprehension before leaving you with something far more intelligent and hopeful than you might expect.
October 18, 2017
I Can't Believe That 1991's The Silence Of The Lambs Really Scared Ms. Carmen.
October 7, 2017
Not so much a horror as it is more a psychological drama with body violence. I'm sure it was scary in 1990, but it doesn't address much other than this is an anti-war film. Tim Robbins was good but with the story going in circles and the extra graphics being cut, it really weakens this film.
June 20, 2017
An intriguing movie, great twist ending.

It would have been much more powerful and effective as a 20-minute short subject rather than a 2 hour long feature.
½ February 25, 2017
strange but ok movie. in times it was hard to follow the jumps.
January 25, 2017
One of the most unique and creepy movies I have ever seen.
½ January 21, 2017
Cerebral and emotionally unsettling. Jacob's Ladder is as smart and compelling as it is scary.
December 9, 2016
Probably the best psychological thriller I have seen to this day. As a 20 something I was obsessed by this movie.
½ November 12, 2016
Nam flashbacks are the worst subplot of any movie. Nothing is more cliche. Rather phony. Didn't make a lot of sense. Some decent scares, though.
October 29, 2016
Brilliant movie. The 1st psychological film to rope me in. The movie starts of slow, but as it progresses on you wanna know what's really going on here. The subplot of this movie works well with the main story and makes the movie even more intriguing. This movie just knows how to keep you guessing. And for a film that came out in the 1990's the effects, especially the gore effects, are amazing.
½ August 29, 2016
This movie has a three-layered storyline that kept me interested until the end.
½ May 20, 2016
Neat visuals but i couldn't get into the plot and i wasn't sold on the twist.
½ February 23, 2016
One of those rare films that finds the proper balance between corny and creepy.
January 4, 2016
not a horror...but very trippy....