Jason Goes to Hell - The Final Friday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jason Goes to Hell - The Final Friday Reviews

August 29, 2017
Oh man, what a piece of shit. The bloodiest, most brutal, goriest, and grossest Jason film is also the weirdest, strangest and most insulting. When a whole crew (and then some) of FBI guys gun down and blow up Jason, he takes the form of a worm-like creature so he can start possessing people while he searches for his last living relative and her child (because she is the only one who can kill him). This is the worst version of Jason I've seen, his design (when he's on-screen) is ugly, and he makes dumb noises and grunts a lot (including when he's being gunned down). For most of the film, Jason is just a bunch of random people, none of whom are intimidating or frightening (freaky, maybe....but scary, no). I also didn't care for Steven Williams as Bounty Hunter Creighton Duke, who isn't in the film much, serves next to no purpose, and is an antagonistic asshole for most of the scenes he appears in. I like John D. LeMay as Steven (our hero), and I appreciate just how far the film goes with the violence but it makes many weird, half-assed choices that don't make much sense. Jason Goes To Hell is certainly more watchable and entertaining (in a groan-inducing way) than A New Beginning and The New Blood, but I'd say this is still likely the worst installment in the Friday the 13th franchise. Be on the lookout for references to The Evil Dead, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and The Thing.
August 23, 2017
In the hands of a 24 year-old first-time director, and with a script that was written in just four days, Jason Goes to Hell adds an pretty interesting premise to a tired franchise, and partially revives said franchise by somewhat delivering on that premise. The film as a whole isn't great, but the kills are gruesome and the finale and ending are reasonably well done.
½ August 15, 2017
Note that this score is based on the other Friday the 13th films. None of them are by any means that good, but when compared to the others they can be.

For a Friday the 13th film, this is a 4.7/10 for me. For an actual movie, this would be a 3.4/10. My official ranking would be:

12. Jason X
11. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
10. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
9. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
8. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
7. Freddy vs. Jason
6. Friday the 13th (2009)
5. Friday the 13th
4. Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter
3. Friday the 13th Part II
2. Friday the 13th Part III
1. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
August 15, 2017
This movie was weird and messed up. The plot made zero sense and was ridiculous. The blood and gore was actually pretty well done in this entry. It was a decent fun movie and was entertaining.
½ August 9, 2017
Horrible horrid Jason Voorhees movie starring some random people. Jason went to the underworld in the final 5 minutes of this movie and you don't even see any fire from the underworld the entire movie. What I did like in this movie is when Freddy Krueger s hand comes up out of the ground and grabs Jason's mask.
August 2, 2017
You will be saying this, this, sucks, sucks all the way to the end.
½ July 28, 2017
The plot is stupid but the acting was good and the jason looked pretty cool. The main thing I didn't like about the movie was the story it was adding pointless things to the story that made no sense.
July 16, 2017
This is by far the weirdest Jason movie. Everything about it is just bizarre. Obviously someone saw Alien and then made this movie. However, there's some pretty good kills that were worth screaming during, so it's not a terrible movie, just really... Strange.
½ July 15, 2017
The problem with the series after 6 is tryin to add subtext to the series, which ultimately makes it worse. This one just annoyed me.
June 25, 2017
Whoah I'm not quite sure what they were going for with this one, but man is this movie all over the place. Jason Vorhees (Kane Hodder) is finally killed by a special task force made by the FBI. His remains are sent to a morgue and that's when stuff get's crazy. His still beating heart somehow mesmerizes the coroner who ends up eating the heart and becomes possessed by Jason. It's absolutely bat shit crazy. Throughout the film he keeps transferring body to body eventually trying to find the body of a Vorhees to become resurrected. And who is that? Well turns out Jason had a half sister that was never ever mentioned in the last 15 or so years of these damn films and her name is Diana Kimble (Erin Gray), but the real focus here is her daughter Jessica (Kari Keegan) and her new born daughter Stephanie. Along for the ride is Jessica's ex-boyfriend Steven Freeman (John D. LeMay) who actually is more of the main character than Jessica. Jason keeps chasing them all after Steven finds out from a way over the top bounty hunter named Creighton Duke (Steven Williams) reveals the backstory to this all. It's up to Steven to save Jessica (or maybe it's the other way around) and to finally make sure Jason get's put down for good! Ok so there's a few positives to this film. Maybe since it came out in 1993 and it had been four years since the last film it finally feels a bit more modern than the previous films. It still has some cheesy moments, but the film has a decent pace. It's also the goriest of all the other films. Which is either good or bad for ya if you like that. The bad here is that Jason is barely in this film! Yes he "possesses" the other people, but you see them representing Jason. We see him in the mask for the first five minutes and the last ten minutes, it's just doesn't feel like a Friday the 13th film as much as the others. The whole plot with having a half sister too are just ridiculous. Overall, not the best "ending" to the franchise (which obviously it didn't since a few more came out). Definitely, not the high point of this franchise!
½ June 10, 2017
Severely lacking in all creative areas. piss poor and lacking Jasons menacing presence!
½ March 8, 2017
Another nail in Jason's long-overdue coffin.
February 21, 2017
Nah I don't know Much To Say about this film Jason Goes to Hell But What Was Cool Is The Twist Ending of FREDDY Krueger's Arm Grabbing Jason's Mask And Draging It Away So Um I Don't Know It Was Okay!
February 8, 2017
almost the worst but then came Jason X smh.
½ January 22, 2017
I was wrong about "Halloween III".

THIS is the worst movie I've ever watched multiple times.
½ January 14, 2017
Oddball Friday the 13th series entry and the last before Jason went into space with "Jason X" (because that worked so well for the Leprechaun franchise [eye roll]) has Jason being blow to pieces at the start of the film and him possessing a series of people who carry out his murderous intentions. Kane Hodder does briefly appear in the film as Jason and in another bit part as a security guard, but there is sadly not enough Jason to make this film it all that interesting for fans expecting to see the familiar hockey masked killer. There is a clever opening scene to the film that kind of mocks all of the previous films, with a young woman at a camp at night along getting ready to shower when Jason attacks. She ends up being an undercover FBI agent sent to lure Jason out into an ambush what literally blows him to bits and metaphorically blows up the formula of the previous films. Also on the plus side you do get Erin Gray in the film, a score by original composer Harry Manfredini, the original film's director (Sean S. Cunningham) returning as producer, and a funny final tag at the end of the film that teased (SPOILER ALERT) a Freddy vs. Jason film, which in reality didn't materialize until 10 years later. More interesting, I read that the film features the the skull dagger and Necronomicon from "Evil Dead II," although I missed it, but teases a Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash film, which has yet to materialize outside of comic books. Overall, this one is probably not recommended for anyone outside of fans of the series who need to be completionists and see all of the series entries, even if this "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" like approach is markedly different from all of the previous films.
January 13, 2017
So dumb and cheesy but it's so funny. That's why I gave this two stars and not zero. This movie makes the first one an amazing movie. 3.5/10 Pros: Cameo of someone special at the end, story ties to the first movie a little bit. Cons: terrible plot, just plain bad.
½ November 2, 2016
Man, where to start? Let's see...this guy eats Jason's heart and then he has to find some other person where this weird snake/alien type creature must enter their body. Huh??? Why?

This is definitely the worse movie of the series, no competition! It doesn't even feel like a Friday the 13th movie. Also, it wasn't scary AT ALL! I'm not sure what they were going for with this one...clueless. Anyway, I rate this one 3/10 OR 1.5/5 Feel free to skip this one!
½ October 26, 2016
During the 1980s, only two years passed without an entry in the Friday the 13th series. That's eight films in ten years, and while the quality usually betrayed those short production times, they always felt like kin. Spiritual relatives. It took four years for a ninth chapter to see the light of day, plus a switch from Paramount to New Line Cinema, and somewhere along the way there was a great disconnect. A true B-grade picture in every sense, Jason Goes to Hell is the worst Friday yet, and one of the most desperate, flailing, pointless films I've ever seen. Though veteran blade-swinger Kane Hodder has returned to the role, this Jason bears little resemblance to the cool, creepy psycho killer of the earlier films. Inflated and deformed, at this point he's basically a roid-raging leper in a twisted, vaguely-familiar hockey mask, but he's changed in more than just a physical sense. The story revolves around his black heart, literally migrating from host to host to inspire fresh killings after Jason himself is blown to bits in the opening scene. We've swallowed some absurdly stupid plot devices over the course of this franchise, including a similarly lame-brained "fake Jason" angle in 1985's A New Beginning, but this one sets an awful new standard. It plays like cruddy straight-to-video '90s gimmick horror, not the quaintly under-produced slasher material that had typified the series to this point. Needless to say, the acting hasn't improved (somehow, impossibly, it's actually grown much worse) and the production values, which enjoyed a well-deserved bump in Jason Takes Manhattan, are once again cut-rate and pitiful. Not a good look for New Line, proving right out of the gates that they don't understand what they're making and don't honestly care, one way or the other.
October 17, 2016
Since this film was the only Friday The 13th film I haven't seen because of extremely negative reviews, I decided to check it out and feel proud that I've watched all the films in the franchise. Now, I'm really not proud since I just watched this. Without a absolute doubt, Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday is the worst Friday The 13th film ever made. I wasn't expecting much because of what everybody told me about the film, but I was at least expecting a fun experience with a few really nice scenes. But honestly, it wasn't fun. There was nothing fun about this film. Absolutely nothing. This entire film is a failed attempt directed horribly to get money out of more people who were expecting something entertaining. The plot, the characters, the dialogue, the missing of Jason Voorhees in the movie, everything is so unbelievably poor. Your probably wondering about the plot; "Isn't it the same?" No, it's not the same. The location of the film is not even Camp Crystal Lake. The location is a restaurant and a hospital. Yeah. Anyway, this mess centers around Jason Voorhees being murdered by a SWAT team and him being sent to the morgue. A medical doctor doesn't think Jason is dead though, so he eats Jason's heart. Of course, doing that, he turns into Jason basically, with Jason taking over his body and Jason trying to find a new body. The plot then centers around this couple having a baby, and the husband gets killed by the new body controlled by Jason with the old body turning evil with Jason leaving him and taking the baby so he can kill Jason? Yeah, this is terrible. This is honestly nothing. It's not even bad, it's not enjoyable. It's not bad, it's terrible. This is REALLY terrible. It's not even dissapointing, it's just sad they would actually try and make this and slap the Friday The 13th title on it. This is honestly more of a low budget horror film made for the television network SyFy then a theater released Hollywood horror film. This film is a complete waste of time that shouldn't be watched by anybody, it shouldn't have even been made. I honestly don't even remotely see what they were trying to do with this film, because the film didn't even go anywhere. I wanted to re-watch it to actually see if the film was understandable but I didn't because i knew it wasn't, so here's what I do remember. The film starts off with this random girl going to a cabin in Camp Crystal Lake. Now after this, Jason Voorhees attacks, and then the SWAT team basically kills him. I don't know if the girl was told to do that so the SWAT could kill him or the girl just randomly showed up there and decided to shower because that's literally what she does. Jason is then taken to the morgue and this medical doctor thinks he's still alive so he eats Jason's heart and Jason basically controls his body, so he kills some people in the hospital. After that, it's basically Jason going to different bodies while showcasing people's problems and events that have absolutely NOTHING to even do with Friday The 13th. The couple's problems, the doctor's past, the restaurant's problems, the hospital's problems, the problems with having a baby, the birth of the baby, the doctor turning evil again, a new couple, it just goes on and on and on with pointless dull filler that basically adds nothing exciting or new. This film is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and that's pretty harsh but this film is extremely awful and completely brainless and pointless.