Jason Goes to Hell - The Final Friday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jason Goes to Hell - The Final Friday Reviews

July 15, 2016
A step-down from what "Paramount" had to offer for the franchise, but the FX is bloody delicious.
July 15, 2016
This Friday the 13th is without a doubt the most boring in the series. Jason is only in the info, and at the very end. The rest is just other people being controlled by Jason. The only thing really cool is at the very end of the movie, but I won't spoil it.
½ July 12, 2016
It's not as bad as some of the other films in the Friday the 13th series but Jason Goes To Hell is still not very good. The movie tries to be original but in all is just too stupid to be taken seriously. At least it sets up Freddy vs Jason!
July 11, 2016
Not the greatest entry but it's certainly better than most sequels in the never ending series. Very gory and non stop entertainment.
½ July 9, 2016
Jason Goes to Hell is definitely the worst movie in the entire series which is saying a lot considering how many bad sequels there are. Jason looks like a mutant hulk that isn't green and has a messed up face and isn't even in the movie very much. Instead Jason is a parasite that goes from body to body turning people into killers. Overall a boring movie.
½ June 22, 2016
Jason's spirit takes over bodies and goes on murderous rampage. This was thought to be the last Friday the 13th film until Jason X was released. Movie is just bad. There's no other way to put it. A special dagger is supposed to have the power to kill Jason for good and send his spirit to Hell. I wish I had the power to forget I saw this movie. The acting is bad and the effects are worse.
June 13, 2016
I don't care what anyone says, this movie is my 2nd favourite Friday The 13th movie it's got good kills, good gore, high body count and yeah so what if we don't see much of Jason, I love the idea that he gets blown up and his spirit goes around possessing people, so I'm gonna give this movie 2 thumbs up and 5 stars! :)
June 9, 2016
Jetzt luft es bei Jason Voorhees so wirklich rund! Er wurde gejagt, erschossen und in die Luft gesprengt. Doch diese bse Seele kann man einfach nicht vertreiben.
Die Macher der Serie haben sich wohl gedacht, wir gehen mit Jason weit weg, der normalen Norm. Jetzt ist es nicht mehr Jason, der jagen geht. Sondern seine bse, schwarze Macht, die von einem Besitz ergreift. Das heisst auch, man sieht Jasons Hockeymaske am wenigsten.
Sicherlich geht es in diesem Teil sehr rund und die Slasher Freunde werden ihren Spass haben. Aber was jetzt mit diesem Teil der Reihe gemacht wurde, kann ich nicht verstehen. Es hat nicht mehr Nostalgisches und mit Bodenstndigkeit zu tun. Aus einem einfachen Waldlufer ist mehr oder weniger ein Dmon geworden. Andererseits heisst es auch, jeder kann Jason sein. Eigentlich wir alle.
Man merkt schon das es The Final Friday" heisst: Die Ideen sind ausgegangen. Die Phantasie ist aus der Norm und vllig konfus konstruiert. Schade eigentlich, denn ich habe diese Serie sehr gemocht. Darum finde ich es nicht so schn, was die Leute mit Jason gemacht haben.
Fazit: Sicher unterhaltsamer Horror die leider ein Mythos vllig auseinander gerissen haben!
½ May 27, 2016
While definitely not the least bit scary but at the very least taking itself somewhat serious, keep in mind that Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday seems geared towards more of the supernatural genre than that of the horror genre. The ending was also definitely a pleaser.
May 9, 2016
Yet again I struggle to get into the film due to the lack of questions answered like how did he survive after Part 8? And what the Fuck is going on in this film? It makes no sense, The kills were boring yet again, The only bit I enjoyed was a cameo from Freddy Kruger helps drag Jason to hell, Friday 13th went all too supernatural and turned a franchise that was just about acceptable to absolute garbage with more plot holes than I've had hot dinners.
½ May 8, 2016
Jason Goes to Hell, although still part of the official franchise timeline, can be viewed as a stand-alone effort for several reasons. It was the first (and only) F13 film released during the 1990s, the first to lack the "Friday the 13th" title card, lives by its own set of "Jason rules", and was, like its predecessor, entirely ignored by future sequels. By "Jason rules" I mean the newly introduced concepts that (a) Jason is a parasitic, body-hijacking demon who is seeking to destroy his remaining family because (b) only a member of the Voorhees bloodline can definitively kill him. It's a lot to swallow in one sitting so let's start from the top.

The film begins with an excellent cold open, dropping the audience almost immediately back into a darkened camp and recreating the kind of stark suspense we haven't seen since Part 2. Unfortunately it's also the highlight of the movie and the only point where it resembles a Friday the 13th film. Jason is dispatched as quickly as he's introduced and from there we get heart eating, body-jumping, and 90s lady bangs. The body of this picture in no way resembles the aesthetic we've come to know and your level of enjoyment depends on how willing you are to accept these fundamental changes.

I must comment on how stupid Jason's makeup is in this movie. He looks like a dirty ball of hamburger meat dropped in hair clippings that someone slapped a mask onto. Also, what's with the all denim outfit? I don't remember him being so coordinated with his fashion. Maybe it's better we were spared the sight of that greasy Canadian tuxedo for most of the film.

There's one clear question a fan has to answer when watching this: is the concept of Jason as an invading symbiotic organism stupid? Probably but, the way I look at it, at least he's in the movie. I certainly dislike how little screen time the hockey mask gets but I also respect the writers for doing something new that isn't cheesy or a thoughtless gimmick. New Line doesn't afford us much of a respite from that behavior moving forward so we must be grateful.

Another change is that Jason Goes to Hell doesn't follow the same formula as the other films and has more of an action, shoot-em-up feel. Again, this isn't what I'm looking for in one of these films but it does keep you interested throughout in ways that bad installments of the Classic Era failed to do. Leaving the camp removes most of the suspense and the abundance of filming locations eliminates any sense of claustrophobia. Director Adam Marcus also focuses on making the film self-referential and fun with varying degrees of success. It isn't campy in the way Jason Lives was but the film still gives a wink and nudge to series aficionados.

Jason Goes to Hell was, and is, a polarizing entry for franchise fans. Some admire its effort to go somewhere original while others feel the new "Jason rules" spit in the face of established series continuity. Personally I share both points of view and wish the writers would have kept things at camp where these movies are most likely to succeed. The Freddy Krueger gag at the end is another flat conclusion in a franchise with a rich tradition of idiotic endings. Unluckily for us it also led to a cringe-inducing feature film that set American horror cinema back several generations. Stay tuned.
April 4, 2016
this was the worse Jason film I've seen so far
and boring
½ March 27, 2016
Horror has not been so confusing,stupid and god awful bad until this crap was released to the poor world, last minute was pretty good with Freddy.
½ March 15, 2016
The worst movie I ever seen. Watched every single Jason movie recently. This has to be one of the worst movies of all time. I remember it being bad from the one other time I watched this, but damn it doesn't even compare. Even with my mindset being good which makes movies more enjoyable, this was still straight trash
March 13, 2016
I think this movie is alright it's stupid that Jason only in the movie 10min but it's still a good core movie. But the ending was the best part of the movie in my opinion
February 13, 2016
Friday the 13th: Jason Goes To Hell - The Final Friday is a compulsive mess. This is not how a Friday The 13th movie should be because in the other Friday The 13th movies i don't remember seeing Jason getting inside other peoples bodies and possessing them to kill his victims. Kane Hodder is barely ever in the movie and some of the scenes don't make sense. Example: The starting of the movie is this woman who is staying over in the Voorhees house(I don't remember seeing a Voorhees house in the other movies) and somehow Jason gets into the house. What didn't make sense to me was the part when she runs into the middle of a field and Jason gets blast away by a SWAT team and gets blown up. There is a lot of things missing from this movie that made a fan and critical fail.
½ February 6, 2016
,,,,,¢,,,,,¦,,,,¢,,,,,¦,,,,¢,,,,¦,,¢,,,¦,¢,,¦¢,¦,
½ January 8, 2016
If this movie had been more like the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes, I'd definitely like it better. But nonetheless it's still a pretty good movie. If you can look past the fact that it's not physically Jason throughout most of the movie, and realize that it's Jason's heart that's fueling the body's to commit the same acts then you'll enjoy it. It's still technically Jason even though it doesn't appear to be. And I have a feeling that's one of the main reasons why it has such bad reviews. Plus, when you do see Jason in this movie, he looks badass.
½ December 17, 2015
Jason Goes to Hell? Good. Let him stay there!