Jason Goes to Hell - The Final Friday Reviews

• 6d ago

First watch 2017 half star: Horrible horrid Jason Voorhees movie starring some random people. Jason went to the underworld in the final 5 minutes of this movie and you don't even see any fire from the underworld the entire movie. What I did like in this movie is when Freddy Krueger s hand comes up out of the ground and grabs Jason's mask. 2nd watch 2021 half star: So I thought I would like the movie the 2nd time around but didn't. The complete opposite. I was optimistic going into this movie because Jason X is hilarious but this is a complete bore. Jason wasn't even in it and the same complaints I had the first review the same here. Gosh dang it I actually thought it was going to be good. I forgot what I thought about this the first time around so I wanted to see it. The first 5 to 10 minutes of the movie got off on the right foot and killing Jason into a million pieces was cool but then he takes over a random civilian is terrible. Then this turns into a cheap slasher. This movie is false advertising. Terrible horrible Jason movie. On the bright side I always got the first movie and Jason X. Skip this movie, watch Jason X aka the sequel to this instead.

• Jan 18, 2021

This film definitely rivals Jason Takes Manhattan for worst Friday the 13th film. The concept has been used, and in a much better way. The execution is silly and poor, Jason Vorhees is a lumbering man-child with fake muscles (the time he is on-screen, that is). So much potential is wasted here. The characters development is undermined. If you're looking for a good slasher film, don't watch this.

• Dec 21, 2020

Oh my fucking god what happened here. Hodder is great, but for 5 FUCKING MINUTES! JASON DIES BY A BLADE AND STEALS BODIES? WHAT. THE. FUCK. MY. GOD!!!

• Nov 03, 2020

I spent many years having a lot of disdain for this movie, like most Jason fans, but that's pretty unfair. It had the balls to try and do something different for once, which should be applauded. Is a body-swapping movie what Jason fans were looking for? No. So it's a bit misguided, but this features some of the best, most gruesome kills of the series, and a deepening of the mythology, that may be a bit too comic book for some, but gives fans a lot to talk about.

• Oct 28, 2020

Not only does Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday completely ignore the movie that came just before it, but it also seems to disregard all of the previous Friday the 13th films. This plot would have already been absurd if this were a standalone horror flick, but when you're making up a bunch of new rules and plot points during the ninth movie in the franchise, it's downright ridiculous. For the most part, this is a pointless, gruesome waste of time.

• Oct 16, 2020

Perfect performance by kane hodder and the cast and perfect directing by my best friend adam Marcus

• Oct 07, 2020

Though it's better than "Jason Takes Manhattan," this alleged "final friday" is still predictable and borin'.

• Oct 07, 2020

While this 9th film in the "Friday" series is pointless and terrible, it's still better than the 8th film. It also finds The Light Medallion Of OK-Ness. Characters: 1/5 Story: 1/5 Acting: 1/5 Special Effects: 1/5 Direction:1/5 Cinematography: 1/5 Soundtrack: 1/5 Overall: 1/5

• Sep 19, 2020

Jason gets shot by the FBI but the coroner eats his heart, becomes him, jumps bodies until he can get back to Crystal Lake and kill Jason's relatives.

• Aug 30, 2020