Jason X - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jason X Reviews

February 14, 2017
All things considered, it's actually pretty good. Its funny, the cast is attractive, and the plot is pretty funny.
½ February 8, 2017
the worst Jason movie of all time, but that's not saying much at all.
January 28, 2017
1 star for each of Lisa Ryder's tits.
½ January 24, 2017
Excessively cheesy and it doesn't fit with the rest of the franchise.
January 14, 2017
For an iconic horror movie Friday the 13th, you have to expect sequels, and a lot of them. Jason X is what happens when you make too many sequels. This movie is extremely cheesy. Imagine alien with Jason instead mixed up with Star Wars. Yeah, you get no good results. This movie is really just a slaughter fest. This movie is better than other horror sequels that we've seen, but that doesn't make this movie good. This movie is just so bad, I want to like this movie but there is just no value. The only good part is that Jason is dead until a remake for now. 2.5/10 Pros: Good comedy Cons: Bad storyline and plot, no suspense, no jumpscares, makes no absolute sense
½ January 3, 2017
To say the least I loved this movie all up to the point when he turns to UberJason. That to me just ruined the movie. Up to then I actually liked this movie. It has its good moments even with the ridiculous plots.
½ January 1, 2017
This movie is so bad that it's actually good.
½ December 8, 2016
As far as I can see, this is an utterly. pointless movie. Surely, the only reason to make a sequmake out, there is NOTHING new to say about Jason. Thefilmmakers really needn't have bothered. Atel is if there'there's something new to say about a character, and, as far as I can make out, there is NOTHING new to say about Jason. Thefilmmakers really needn't have bothered. A total waste of time. Not scary. Not original. Not worth it.
November 3, 2016
Al empezar la película, inicia de manera prometedora a pesar de ser serie B. Ignora eventos de las películas anteriores y adentra rápido en su mitología, no obstante, pasado la primera (y mejor parte de la película) cae en un pozo sin fondo de escenas ridículas, un guión sin creatividad (más allá de cambiar la escenografía, es exactamente lo mismo, pero con esteroides y sci-fi barato). Recomendable si te gusta esta clase de cine. Oportunidad perdida de romper el molde de la saga...
November 2, 2016
Pros: Jason X has a cool concept, not the same repetitive concept in some of the previous films. The kills are pretty cool and that machine that repairs body tissue is AWESOME! Where do I buy one of those? Take my money now!!!

Cons: Some people may not like the whole space setting of the film (though I do). The actors delivered some really bad lines at times...may not have been their fault but these lines were weird/out of place. In fact, the weak dialogue in some parts of the movie is preventing me from rating it a little higher.

Final Grade: 6/10 OR 3/5
½ October 31, 2016
Ok, we all know this movie is STUPID. But you can at least get a little enjoyment out of it's creative kills, and Robo-Jason looks cool. We need it in Mortal Kombat X. But still. It's dumb, but enjoyably dumb.
October 31, 2016
Easily the fifth or sixth time Friday the 13th has jumped the shark, this time pulling a double corkscrew backflip along the way. Following in the hallowed footsteps of Leprechaun 4, Hellraiser: Bloodline and Critters 4, this installment finds Jason cryogenically frozen for four hundred years and defrosted aboard a lightly-staffed spacecraft. No explanation is offered for his abrupt return from the depths of the nether, where he was unceremoniously dumped at the end of Jason Goes to Hell, though I'm not sure that really would've made a difference. This is a willfully stupid playground for half-baked science fiction ideas, terrible wardrobe choices and budget special effects; a cut-rate production that would feel right at home on the Sci-Fi Channel at 3am. Predictable to the end, it touches all the bases with gratuitous nudity, shallow characters, mysterious returns from certain doom and a truckload of dismemberments / decapitations / deaths. The only thing we're missing is the trademarked screeching cat fake-out, presumably because no self-respecting animal would be seen in such a production. Apart from one fleeting moment of self-deprecating parody near the end - which is totally out of place, but admittedly had me howling - there's no reason for this to exist. It's the kind of thing that would've thrived on the bootleg circuit, akin to Roger Corman's unreleased Fantastic Four, but by actually sending it to theaters, New Line took the wind out of those sails. The best thing I can say here is, hey, at least it's better than the last one.
October 12, 2016
Wow! This sucker gets two stars for the surprise factor.
October 3, 2016
Surprisingly not the worst in the franchise.
½ August 13, 2016
A dwindling franchise gets even worse in yet another installment that doesn't fail to disappoint. (3/10)
August 7, 2016
This a bad film, a truly bad film. But, it knows how bad it is and works it to its advantage making it a truly enjoyable film.
July 15, 2016
A decent and fun way to say farewell to Hodder as Jason Voorhees.
½ July 12, 2016
I have seen all the Jason film and trust me, this film is not that bad by the series standards. It's stupid and boring at times but is still fun. This film, on its own is a good sci-fi slasher flick
½ July 11, 2016
You can't help but love this ridiculous concept!!! Funny, with nonstop gruesome action, file this under "so bad, it's good"!
July 10, 2016
Most people would say that putting Jason Voorhees in space would be the worst thing that the filmmakers of the Friday The 13th franchise can possibly do in the history of the franchise, and that's both right and wrong. One of the reasons it's right is because the turnout of this film is an absolutely absurd mess that is incredibly stupid, terribly directed, and awfully acted. One of the reasons it's wrong is because the film turns out to be really entertaining because of how bad the film really is. Trust me, it's not a good Friday The 13th film, it's not even throughly remembering because of how bad it's put together. But it's definitely a really fun film. Basically what you get is Jason Voorhees murdering teenagers in outer space. It's so bad, but it's pretty hilarious.