Jason X - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jason X Reviews

½ June 20, 2017
Honestly the Friday the 13th movies were never successful to begin with. The story of the film is stupid (It makes you think are they really trying anymore?). They try to copy off elements of the Alien series but that horribly fails. As it looks like it's made for a TV movie on FX or spike the CGI looks horrid. There is not much character development in the movie as you just see them in one scene and get killed the next. The kill scenes are actually well put together, the gore may look like it's strawberry jam but hey they put a lot of work into that when it comes to making bad slashers.

Overall the movie is of course made for the money and we should just let this series die off and put it to rest. Like I mean that we have seen enough of this shit.
June 10, 2017
Silly and over the top entry as Jason Vorhees goes to outer space and slaughters a bunch of horny twenty something space students. It's pretty ridiculous.
June 2, 2017
This is a fun addition to the series. Silly? Sure. Scary? In spots. The kills are great. The story is the same as always..just in space.
½ April 6, 2017
Mixing a little good with a whole lot of bad, Jason X is actually a tiny bit underrated. It fails as a horror movie due to its lack of scares, it almost succeeds as a slasher flick thanks to its gory and brutal kills, and it actually somewhat succeeds as a sci-fi movie. There's actually a surprising amount of unintentional humor, making Jason X almost not quite passable.
March 27, 2017
If you watch Friday the 13th movies, and it's not because you enjoy horrible cheese, you're stupid. There's money around it.
March 15, 2017
I am giving it a full star because it made me chuckle.
February 21, 2017
I'm Gonna Give This Film The Same Thing as Jason Goes to Hell Cause I Only Watched The Film Last Night! I know Right So I'm Just Gonna give it That But What I Thought of the film Um I Was Kind of Confused Of The Start of the Film Because I Was Thinking This is not like other Jason Friday the 13th Movies So Yeah Kind of Pretty Bad Movie I Guess I don't know didn't really like it I guess But I have finally seen Every Friday the 13th Movies So That's Good!
February 14, 2017
All things considered, it's actually pretty good. Its funny, the cast is attractive, and the plot is pretty funny.
½ February 8, 2017
the worst Jason movie of all time, but that's not saying much at all.
½ January 24, 2017
Excessively cheesy and it doesn't fit with the rest of the franchise.
January 14, 2017
For an iconic horror movie Friday the 13th, you have to expect sequels, and a lot of them. Jason X is what happens when you make too many sequels. This movie is extremely cheesy. Imagine alien with Jason instead mixed up with Star Wars. Yeah, you get no good results. This movie is really just a slaughter fest. This movie is better than other horror sequels that we've seen, but that doesn't make this movie good. This movie is just so bad, I want to like this movie but there is just no value. The only good part is that Jason is dead until a remake for now. 2.5/10 Pros: Good comedy Cons: Bad storyline and plot, no suspense, no jumpscares, makes no absolute sense
½ January 3, 2017
To say the least I loved this movie all up to the point when he turns to UberJason. That to me just ruined the movie. Up to then I actually liked this movie. It has its good moments even with the ridiculous plots.
½ January 1, 2017
This movie is so bad that it's actually good.
½ December 8, 2016
As far as I can see, this is an utterly. pointless movie. Surely, the only reason to make a sequmake out, there is NOTHING new to say about Jason. Thefilmmakers really needn't have bothered. Atel is if there'there's something new to say about a character, and, as far as I can make out, there is NOTHING new to say about Jason. Thefilmmakers really needn't have bothered. A total waste of time. Not scary. Not original. Not worth it.
November 3, 2016
Al empezar la película, inicia de manera prometedora a pesar de ser serie B. Ignora eventos de las películas anteriores y adentra rápido en su mitología, no obstante, pasado la primera (y mejor parte de la película) cae en un pozo sin fondo de escenas ridículas, un guión sin creatividad (más allá de cambiar la escenografía, es exactamente lo mismo, pero con esteroides y sci-fi barato). Recomendable si te gusta esta clase de cine. Oportunidad perdida de romper el molde de la saga...
November 2, 2016
Pros: Jason X has a cool concept, not the same repetitive concept in some of the previous films. The kills are pretty cool and that machine that repairs body tissue is AWESOME! Where do I buy one of those? Take my money now!!!

Cons: Some people may not like the whole space setting of the film (though I do). The actors delivered some really bad lines at times...may not have been their fault but these lines were weird/out of place. In fact, the weak dialogue in some parts of the movie is preventing me from rating it a little higher.

Final Grade: 6/10 OR 3/5
½ October 31, 2016
Ok, we all know this movie is STUPID. But you can at least get a little enjoyment out of it's creative kills, and Robo-Jason looks cool. We need it in Mortal Kombat X. But still. It's dumb, but enjoyably dumb.
October 31, 2016
Easily the fifth or sixth time Friday the 13th has jumped the shark, this time pulling a double corkscrew backflip along the way. Following in the hallowed footsteps of Leprechaun 4, Hellraiser: Bloodline and Critters 4, this installment finds Jason cryogenically frozen for four hundred years and defrosted aboard a lightly-staffed spacecraft. No explanation is offered for his abrupt return from the depths of the nether, where he was unceremoniously dumped at the end of Jason Goes to Hell, though I'm not sure that really would've made a difference. This is a willfully stupid playground for half-baked science fiction ideas, terrible wardrobe choices and budget special effects; a cut-rate production that would feel right at home on the Sci-Fi Channel at 3am. Predictable to the end, it touches all the bases with gratuitous nudity, shallow characters, mysterious returns from certain doom and a truckload of dismemberments / decapitations / deaths. The only thing we're missing is the trademarked screeching cat fake-out, presumably because no self-respecting animal would be seen in such a production. Apart from one fleeting moment of self-deprecating parody near the end - which is totally out of place, but admittedly had me howling - there's no reason for this to exist. It's the kind of thing that would've thrived on the bootleg circuit, akin to Roger Corman's unreleased Fantastic Four, but by actually sending it to theaters, New Line took the wind out of those sails. The best thing I can say here is, hey, at least it's better than the last one.
October 12, 2016
Wow! This sucker gets two stars for the surprise factor.
October 3, 2016
Surprisingly not the worst in the franchise.