Jaws 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jaws 3 Reviews

½ February 15, 2018
Had potential but the dull pacing and the horrible effects killed it.
½ January 27, 2018
One of the worst movies I have ever seen!!!
January 20, 2018
Every now and then you watch a film for a guilty pleasure! Well with Jaws 3 (3D on cinematic release in 1983) I had one of those moments.
The eighties were to result in several of these appalling films. (Grease 2, Superman IV, several Cannon films)
The premise is quite frankly laughable.
You have a water based 'Seaworld' theme park on the East Coast of the US.
A Great White Shark enters the lagoon or man made lake of the park from the ocean via the gate that supposedly separates them.
It later becomes apparent that a second, far bigger shark (it's mother) is also at large in the park.
Characters include the grown up sons of Chief Brody from the first two Jaws films.
The park owner Calvin Bouchard (Louis Gossett Jr), Mike Brody (Dennis Quaid), a marine biologist Dr. Kathryn Morgan (Bess Armstrong) and two British actors Simon MacKorcindale and P.H. Moriarty.
Discerning British viewers may recognise Moriarty from the likes of The Long Good Friday and Scum.
MacKorcindale from the BBC TV drama Casualty.
For its cinema release the film was called Jaws 3D and required the viewer to wear some naff cardboard glasses.
When watching the 2D version as I did it becomes apparent at certain points that objects come flying toward the camera for the 3D effects.
The special effects are poor by modern standards and add to the inadvertent comedy of a film that was released as a horror/suspense production.
Certain scenes again made me laugh to myself at quite 'gory' moments such as characters being eaten showing their view inside the 35 foot mother sharks mouth.
Where as the direction of Steven Spielberg in the first film and it's music by John Williams were great highlights this film relies on a novice director Joe Alves who is out of his pardon the pun, depth.
The music being scored by Alan Parker with only elements of Williams Jaws theme.
A film that with a better director and better script could have been so much better (it can't be much worse?).
½ January 2, 2018
Yeah... took a franchise and undid nearly everything that made the first Jaws movie great.
November 27, 2017
Only entertaining for how awful it is. But, in the end, it?s not even worth spending the time to laugh at it.
½ November 27, 2017
This is one of the worst movies ever made. A half a star is lucky! If this wasn't a Jaws movie it would be a perfect zero. I LOVE the original Jaws and Jaws 2 is good but this one is just GARBAGE!
October 29, 2017
Too silly to even call entertaining.
September 15, 2017
A bad movie. Bad acting and the same plot as before. The 3D effects were cheesy.
½ September 8, 2017
Starts out as another basic uninspired sequel that shouldn't be made...until the last half-hour when it hit's FULL-SHLOCK! Then it's gold. Ends up to be, in my opinion, one of the more enjoyably watchable stupid pieces of shlock out there definitely the only other Jaws move worth watching besides the original but only because of how stupidly bad it is.
½ September 3, 2017
It's so retarded it's funny. I could have found a better use for 18 million dollars
½ August 10, 2017
This is just a piece of crap. No Roy Scheider is Jaws 3...that's a big disappoint. Of course this movie wasn't even slightly terrifying enough for us to go back to the water, CAUSE THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE COURAGE TO TRY!!! And then you got the god awful 3D effects...I mean MY GOD!!! The effects in the movie are f***ing terrible which really symbolizes the problems of this crappy sequel. In fact it was just the creators being high and going all like, "Ooohh, look at this 3D, oooooohhhhh, look at these effects...duh, it's gonna be amazing...huhuhuh..." OK, that's I'm done.
August 5, 2017
Awful 3D and poor acting Jaws 3 is just a lackluster film at least its still scary.
½ August 2, 2017
This Movie was horrible indeed Poorly directed
July 20, 2017
Not as bad as I was expecting but it's still pretty poor, I was born 7 years after this film released so I can't comment on if the 3D was any good but I'm going to take a guess and say no it wasn't good in 3D, The effects were god awful most of the time even for its year, The shark effects were ok at times but when it's on screen too much it looks worse and worse each time, The acting didn't help either as nobody put in a good acting performance, It's a shame they didn't stop after the 2nd but it's too late to change things now.
July 20, 2017
Killed the franchise
½ June 23, 2017
This barely classifies as a film as it does a 99 minute long advertisement for SeaWorld. It actually takes place at SeaWorld, I can't even begin to think of a worse way to advertise your theme park than to make a movie where a shark kills people at it. It is not only full of bad 3-D in your face moments but it also has some of the worst characterisation and special effects I have seen in my entire life. Definitely a contender for the worst film ever.
June 21, 2017
Awful in any dimension
½ June 5, 2017
Absolutely abysmal. Originally released in 3D, the film has several terrible shots inserted that are clearly bad attempts at 3D. Plus, Sea World! Why are we watching these??
April 22, 2017
It's bad, really bad but unlike Jaws The Revenge, the concept of the movie is still kinda cool.
½ April 13, 2017
Worst editing I have ever seen as well as effects and it was stupid to try to make 3-d with all of these cheesy effects. This movie has a terrible plot and the acting I can't even get started on. This movie is garbage and l am very upset.