Jaws 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jaws 3 Reviews

½ November 4, 2016
Why does Hollywood always have to destroy great movies that we love with crappy, cash-grab sequels?
October 30, 2016
this movie I am iffy on. I mean, when you watch it on Netflix, it is pretty weird, because it is meant to be watched in 3d. the end of the movie is weird too, but who am I to judge
½ October 30, 2016
The 3rd installment of the Jaws franchise indicates its place in the declining quality of this series. With Roy Scheider finally having served his purpose as Chief Brody in the first 2 films, the protagonist is one of Brody's sons (Dennis Quaid) working at Seaworld.

This is the type of film one would see as the 2nd film in a double-feature at a drive-in theatre in the '80s. Alternatively, the type of film you would watch after midnight on television as you bob in and out of sleep. Rarely would you be awake to watch the ending and throughout the film you would bob in and out of consciousness. It seems that this film was written particularly for this audience.
October 24, 2016
Would have been great if not for the shit ass special effects that ruin the movie.
½ October 21, 2016
The characters are not completely expendable, but why is the violence that way? Shame, shame, shame. The terrible "3D" effects compensate for the weak violence.
October 3, 2016
Jaws 3 was... whatever.
October 2, 2016
I am only the person that kind of enjoys this film i mean to be honest it's just 80s movie with the title jaws directing is fine acting fine plot does work but they don't take advantage yeah the take away the suspense and the whole man vs shark and go for more of an character relationship film but as far am a sequel it really take the film in different direction overall it nothing special or redefining its better sequel then 2 I barely consider 2 an film
September 28, 2016
Was this movie supposed to be even a little scary at all? I had a feeling this was going to be worse than Jaws 2...and I was correct. It was cool to see a young Dennis Quaid but that's about it. It was also weird how you can already see a shark fin within the first 2-4 minutes of the movie. And, to me at least, the shark in this movie looked more fake than in the previous ones (could be because the shark had more screen time in this one). This movie just had a completely different vibe than Jaws and Jaws 2. I don't think it's a terrible movie but it is definitely a bad movie! 4/10 OR 2/5
September 28, 2016
LOVED it. Dennis Quaid was so young! Probably was better in 3D but I think the movies just got better and better.
September 24, 2016
How this film goes from terror to jubilance , is outrageous....and the most amazing fact, is how Jaws 3 ever made it out of the pre-production stage. 1 star
September 24, 2016
Almost like a proto-Jurassic Park, but still doesn't elevate the series to new ground.
½ September 19, 2016
Throw it out. Don't even open it.
September 11, 2016
Finally finished the Jaws series aaaaand it sucks! I mean at least Jaws the Revenge is so stupid and bad it's actually fun but this oh boy was it boring! Should have gone with the original idea, National Lampoon's Jaws 3, People 0. In fact I still want to see that film get made it would be way better than any sequel or reboot they could do.
½ September 10, 2016
Dumb and horrible at the same time
September 8, 2016
I was rooting for the sharks in this poorly-constructed cash-grab.
½ September 3, 2016
Can you go lower than half a star?
½ August 30, 2016
A movie that almost completely relies on its overcooked, exaggerated 3D presentation to keep you engaged. In fact my 2 and a half star rating would be but a single star were it not for it's kooky 3D effects which in of themseleves are far more entertaining than much else that the movie has to offer.

That said, it's almost unfair to call this movie bad when the movie was designed purely to serve the 3D rather than the other way around. The movie knows exactly what it is and never pretends to be anything else. In fact I'll be brave and say its not actually a bad movie when viewed in its intended form and taken as tongue-in-cheek as clearly intended.

In 2D though, it's a much flatter experience in every sense. For a start the badly composited process shots look much worse and completely lose their novelty factor. In 3D you actually look forward to seeing them!

The 3D is so dominant and the depth so amped up that you are never allowed to forget for one second that you're watching a 3D movie. Even ardent 3D fans may find it headache inducing eventually. The script is mostly forgettable but it does have its moments and generally the cast do okay to work with what they have.

One interesting thing to note is that most of the shark footage (except for a few strange looking bad processed shots) looks good.

Overall, in its 3D form it's a fun B movie that goes well with a bag of popcorn, a couple of alcoholic drinks and a few friends.

The big achievement of the 3D version is it's ability to leave you with a guilty smirk on your face by the end.

In 2D, it loses most of it's charm and any real reason for existing.

The third dimension in hilarity.
½ August 12, 2016
It all starts falling apart here in a 3D schlock-fest, complete with the worst shark effects seen this side of Deep Blue Sea. It's a shame this was such a mess, as the cast is halfway decent, featuring Dennis Quaid, Lou Gossett, Jr., and Lea Thompson.
July 30, 2016
Good Fun for what it is. I remember not being able to see this on the big screen in Glorious 3D because I had the flu.

I remember being teased by my cousin who watched it, he constantly waved his polarized 3D glasses in front of me like Eddie Murphy waving his ice cream in RAW. Well almost 30 plus years later I recently saw it on Bluray in 3D, on a 60 inch TV.

I enjoyed the movie, its a typical 80's cheesy movie. If the movie had been edited a little tighter it would actually be a good film. The reason the film is in my memory is because the directors sister used to be a secretary for my father, and from memory the director was on the run at the time for legal reasons. Anyway back to the movie, it does drag in places. However watching the in your face 3D is enjoyable and brings back childhood memories of just how great the 80's really were I need Doc Browns Time machine to just spend a few weeks there, and to get an opportunity to have the big hair and shoulder pads. Its basically Jurassic Park in the water, a theme park that goes wrong and people die, pretty simple really. Watch it and enjoy it for what it is good old plain cheesy fun. I also realized that Dennis Quaid who is in the movie could have made a good Han Solo.