Jaws 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jaws 3 Reviews

½ January 18, 2017
Not original, predictable, not scary, the visual effects don't hide the lack of money of this production, and the script can't be worse.
December 30, 2016
It's a shame they had a lot of good ideas that could have made this mildly entertaining and passable sequel. The special effects are just awful. Even worse as it was intended for 3D. I still would like to see the 3D version, but it's yet to be released that way on DVD. It's nice to see early Dennis Quaid and Leah Thompson, but they don't add anything worthwhile to the film. Except one thing and even Leah Thompson rightfully takes some credit for it. The water ski scenes were done very well and Thompson is really skiing in those scenes.

Lastly, besides how poorly the film did, I have to question why SeaWorld would want this kind of publicity. It did it make it a little interesting to have it take place there, but it pretty much says at SeaWorld we might accidentally let a shark into our park and this is how we might handle it. Anyway, it's tolerable for Jaws fans, but outside of nostalgia it's difficult to watch again and again.
½ December 24, 2016
Extraordinarily bad, terror comes to the third dimension in Jaws 3-D. Lying in wait, a great white shark terrorizes Sea World. The plot is terrible and the acting isn't much better; with the exception of Lea Thompson, who's incredibly charismatic and steals every scene she's in. Shot for 3D, the special effects are atrocious, full of gimmicky shots of thing's flying out at the audience and superimposed images that stick out like a sore thumb. And the shark isn't really that frightening; becoming more of a joke, especially when he gets owned by a pair of dauphins. A cheap, exploitation film, Jaws 3-D is an absolute trainwreck.
½ December 18, 2016
Jaws 3 joins the ranks of gimmick 3D movies (another fun one being Friday the 13th Part 3) as one of the best of the bunch. The 3D is very enjoyable, the plot not so much, but the movie knows its place, plays to its strengths and its audience's wants, and delivers a movie that's leaner than its predecessor. What it lacks in serious story development and greater Jaws universe continuation it more than makes up for with spirit and a seemingly endless string of nifty 3D visuals.
December 12, 2016
OMG! Is it just me or did Jaws suddenly start to go downhill?
½ November 4, 2016
Why does Hollywood always have to destroy great movies that we love with crappy, cash-grab sequels?
October 30, 2016
this movie I am iffy on. I mean, when you watch it on Netflix, it is pretty weird, because it is meant to be watched in 3d. the end of the movie is weird too, but who am I to judge
½ October 30, 2016
The 3rd installment of the Jaws franchise indicates its place in the declining quality of this series. With Roy Scheider finally having served his purpose as Chief Brody in the first 2 films, the protagonist is one of Brody's sons (Dennis Quaid) working at Seaworld.

This is the type of film one would see as the 2nd film in a double-feature at a drive-in theatre in the '80s. Alternatively, the type of film you would watch after midnight on television as you bob in and out of sleep. Rarely would you be awake to watch the ending and throughout the film you would bob in and out of consciousness. It seems that this film was written particularly for this audience.
October 24, 2016
Would have been great if not for the shit ass special effects that ruin the movie.
½ October 21, 2016
The characters are not completely expendable, but why is the violence that way? Shame, shame, shame. The terrible "3D" effects compensate for the weak violence.
October 3, 2016
Jaws 3 was... whatever.
October 2, 2016
I am only the person that kind of enjoys this film i mean to be honest it's just 80s movie with the title jaws directing is fine acting fine plot does work but they don't take advantage yeah the take away the suspense and the whole man vs shark and go for more of an character relationship film but as far am a sequel it really take the film in different direction overall it nothing special or redefining its better sequel then 2 I barely consider 2 an film
September 28, 2016
Was this movie supposed to be even a little scary at all? I had a feeling this was going to be worse than Jaws 2...and I was correct. It was cool to see a young Dennis Quaid but that's about it. It was also weird how you can already see a shark fin within the first 2-4 minutes of the movie. And, to me at least, the shark in this movie looked more fake than in the previous ones (could be because the shark had more screen time in this one). This movie just had a completely different vibe than Jaws and Jaws 2. I don't think it's a terrible movie but it is definitely a bad movie! 4/10 OR 2/5
September 28, 2016
LOVED it. Dennis Quaid was so young! Probably was better in 3D but I think the movies just got better and better.
September 24, 2016
How this film goes from terror to jubilance , is outrageous....and the most amazing fact, is how Jaws 3 ever made it out of the pre-production stage. 1 star
September 24, 2016
Almost like a proto-Jurassic Park, but still doesn't elevate the series to new ground.
½ September 19, 2016
Throw it out. Don't even open it.
September 11, 2016
Finally finished the Jaws series aaaaand it sucks! I mean at least Jaws the Revenge is so stupid and bad it's actually fun but this oh boy was it boring! Should have gone with the original idea, National Lampoon's Jaws 3, People 0. In fact I still want to see that film get made it would be way better than any sequel or reboot they could do.
½ September 10, 2016
Dumb and horrible at the same time