Jaws 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jaws 3 Reviews

½ August 10, 2017
This is just a piece of crap. No Roy Scheider is Jaws 3...that's a big disappoint. Of course this movie wasn't even slightly terrifying enough for us to go back to the water, CAUSE THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE COURAGE TO TRY!!! And then you got the god awful 3D effects...I mean MY GOD!!! The effects in the movie are f***ing terrible which really symbolizes the problems of this crappy sequel. In fact it was just the creators being high and going all like, "Ooohh, look at this 3D, oooooohhhhh, look at these effects...duh, it's gonna be amazing...huhuhuh..." OK, that's I'm done.
August 5, 2017
Awful 3D and poor acting Jaws 3 is just a lackluster film at least its still scary.
½ August 2, 2017
This Movie was horrible indeed Poorly directed
jamrcla
July 20, 2017
Not as bad as I was expecting but it's still pretty poor, I was born 7 years after this film released so I can't comment on if the 3D was any good but I'm going to take a guess and say no it wasn't good in 3D, The effects were god awful most of the time even for its year, The shark effects were ok at times but when it's on screen too much it looks worse and worse each time, The acting didn't help either as nobody put in a good acting performance, It's a shame they didn't stop after the 2nd but it's too late to change things now.
July 20, 2017
Killed the franchise
½ June 23, 2017
This barely classifies as a film as it does a 99 minute long advertisement for SeaWorld. It actually takes place at SeaWorld, I can't even begin to think of a worse way to advertise your theme park than to make a movie where a shark kills people at it. It is not only full of bad 3-D in your face moments but it also has some of the worst characterisation and special effects I have seen in my entire life. Definitely a contender for the worst film ever.
June 21, 2017
Awful in any dimension
½ June 5, 2017
Absolutely abysmal. Originally released in 3D, the film has several terrible shots inserted that are clearly bad attempts at 3D. Plus, Sea World! Why are we watching these??
April 22, 2017
It's bad, really bad but unlike Jaws The Revenge, the concept of the movie is still kinda cool.
½ April 13, 2017
Worst editing I have ever seen as well as effects and it was stupid to try to make 3-d with all of these cheesy effects. This movie has a terrible plot and the acting I can't even get started on. This movie is garbage and l am very upset.
½ March 12, 2017
I can't even defend this one. It's just plain awful. It makes Jaws: The Revenge look like the original in comparison.
March 8, 2017
The only virtue of this (unnecessary sequel) is the location. "Jaws 3" is a inadequate film with abominable story telling and faulty special effects.
March 5, 2017
A movie that almost completely relies on its overcooked, exaggerated 3D presentation to keep you engaged. In fact my 3 star rating would be reduced further were it not for it's kooky 3D effects which in of themseleves are far more entertaining than much else that the movie has to offer.

That said, it's almost unfair to call this movie bad when the movie was designed purely to serve the 3D rather than the other way around. The movie knows exactly what it is and never pretends to be anything else. In fact I'll be brave and say its not actually a bad movie when viewed in its intended form and taken as tongue-in-cheek as clearly intended.

In 2D though, it's a much flatter experience in every sense. For a start the badly composited process shots look much worse and completely lose their novelty factor. In 3D you actually look forward to seeing them!

The 3D is so dominant and the depth so amped up that you are never allowed to forget for one second that you're watching a 3D movie. Even ardent 3D fans may find it headache inducing eventually. The script is mostly forgettable but it does have its moments and generally the cast do okay to work with what they have.

One interesting thing to note is that most of the shark footage (except for a few strange looking bad processed shots) looks good.

Overall, in its 3D form it's a fun B movie that goes well with a bag of popcorn, a couple of alcoholic drinks and a few friends.

The big achievement of the 3D version is it's ability to leave you with a guilty smirk on your face by the end.

In 2D, it loses most of it's charm and any real reason for existing.

The third dimension in hilarity.
½ March 1, 2017
Starts out as another basic uninspired sequel that shouldn't be made...until the last half-hour when it hit's FULL-SHLOCK! Then it's gold. Ends up to be, in my opinion, one of the more enjoyable watchable stupid pieces of shlock.
February 21, 2017
Jaws 3 is both silly and ridiculous. It also lacks the fear and dread that should accompany a movie about a giant man-eating, seemingly indestructible stalking shark. That being said, Jaws 3 somehow manages to be a more entertaining adventure than the last sequel in the franchise. Even if that's only because of it's sheer absurdity.
February 16, 2017
This is a bad movie and I can't even say anything nice about its that bad
½ January 26, 2017
And the trainwreck continues.... Boring plot, forgettable characters, TERRIBLE special effects, utilizing that stupid ass 80s 3D effect, and is just stupid! DO NOT WATCH unless you like bad films like me!
½ January 21, 2017
What the hell is this? This is by far the worst movie ever
½ January 18, 2017
Not original, predictable, not scary, the visual effects don't hide the lack of money of this production, and the script can't be worse.
December 30, 2016
It's a shame they had a lot of good ideas that could have made this mildly entertaining and passable sequel. The special effects are just awful. Even worse as it was intended for 3D. I still would like to see the 3D version, but it's yet to be released that way on DVD. It's nice to see early Dennis Quaid and Leah Thompson, but they don't add anything worthwhile to the film. Except one thing and even Leah Thompson rightfully takes some credit for it. The water ski scenes were done very well and Thompson is really skiing in those scenes.

Lastly, besides how poorly the film did, I have to question why SeaWorld would want this kind of publicity. It did it make it a little interesting to have it take place there, but it pretty much says at SeaWorld we might accidentally let a shark into our park and this is how we might handle it. Anyway, it's tolerable for Jaws fans, but outside of nostalgia it's difficult to watch again and again.