Jeremiah Johnson - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jeremiah Johnson Reviews

October 12, 2016
The film stands out for being "Little House on the Prairie" with things to say in a morose way. That and the bare-bones filmmaking stuck in the wilderness with tremendously fun fight scenes is an experience very unique to this genre.
September 11, 2016
Slow moving, but very good tale about Robert Redford living the life of a mountain man in the old west. The film was writing by one of my all-time favorite writer, John Milius, and he leaves an indelible mark on the film with will either delight or offend viewers. Milius was apparently fired off the film for creative differences, but was ultimately hired back because no other write could write dialogue like MIlius. Directed by Sydney Pollack, this is visually striking film that has ahold west authenticity that you don't see in many westerns, but at the same time has the kind of throwback feel you often see in the films of John Milius. It's a combination that really does manage work and it works quite well.
August 22, 2016
Epic, atmospheric mood movie
August 21, 2016
This, to me is Robert Redford's best movie. The photography is beautiful and a very realistic look at a time gone by.
½ June 13, 2016
A man survives in the wilderness in this classic western tale. Pollacks direction is laid back and the acting is superb. Although a character study, the overall film is a Hollywood marvel.
May 18, 2016
good wilderness western and blue print for 'the revenant"
½ May 17, 2016
Watch your top knot. Great movie.
May 2, 2016
Revenant reminds me of this film and I watched it again on DVD. Great movie! What is the reason to live? Love,revenge? Introspective movie. Does anyone know the original length of this movie? 110 minutes seems too short for this film. Intermission was put in where the rest of the film is only half an hour.
½ April 27, 2016
A man leaves the constraints of the big ci
½ January 18, 2016
A fairly predictable story is pulled off with solid execution of well-worn Western motifs, along with a fascinating sense of irony throughout the entire film: Jeremiah Johnson wants to escape humanity, but no matter where he goes, the only way his life can possess any sort of purpose is through people, both friend and foe.
½ December 25, 2015
Redford at his peak in the 70s. He holds the whole film together without much dialogue. Excellent cinematography and script. The film is ironic, in that Jeremiah turns his back on civilization and pays the price for his freedom.
December 21, 2015
One of my all time favorite films and one of my all time favorite Robert Redford performances. Very solid all around!
July 19, 2015
En av favorittene fra gymsalen i Hovin Samfunnshus. 29/59kr for å leie/eie på iTunes. Vel verdt de spenna, altså.
½ July 3, 2015
Slow and realistic, but so is being a mountain man.
June 20, 2015
My favorite western if you want to call it a western, more like a survival movie. Everyone is excellent in the movie and shows that people don't need other people to survive.
June 20, 2015
One of my all time favorites
½ June 3, 2015
6/3/3015: I'm not sure why this movie receives such high marks. There wasn't anything great about it and it was very dull.
June 1, 2015
Beautiful landscapes. The acting and (few) fight scenes are all great, but its ultimately lacking in narrative content.
½ March 11, 2015
I didn't think I'd like this one, but was I ever wrong! Great frontier movie with more action that takes a sharp turn!