Johnny English Reborn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Johnny English Reborn Reviews

October 27, 2017
Rowan Atkinson if you love him and his style of Comedy? You will certainly enjoy this film!
½ July 14, 2017
Johnny English is essentially James Bond gone wrong. This idea comes to life thanks to Atkinson's hilarious performance, even if, admittedly, the sequel is completely unnecessary.
July 13, 2017
It was better than the first film (which couldn't have been that difficult), and had some genuinely funny moments, but it just felt....stock, and predictable and just...too stupid. I like Rowan Atkinson, but Johnny English needs to retire I'm afraid
July 8, 2017
They are making Johhny English 3 and this is the best one because the ending
FiLmCrAzY
March 20, 2017
Well although the first Johnny English wasnt a hit with the critics it was still amusing enough to entertain me and make me personally enjoy the movie, however this sequel is just absolutely terrrible! The title Reborn suggests that the agent is going to be bigger, funnier, more stupid and much more entertaining however it failed in every single way possible! This movie isn't even remotely as funny as the first and although i had a smile on my face in a couple of scenes the laughs were far and few between one another and they werent funny enough to make me laugh out loud!
½ January 20, 2017
Full of cliches, predictable with a weak screenplay Johnny English Reborn doesn't deserve its talented cast.
½ December 30, 2016
Love it , hilarious , funny
December 30, 2016
Slapstick comedy that is a spoof on James Bond. It is a fun movie where our hero is both a moron, but also an expert spy. Sometimes he does everything right and sometimes he does everything wrong. That is what makes this movie different in that he isn't completely stupid. I wish their had been a few more laughs, but overall it was ok.
December 23, 2016
Cattivissimo ritorno per Rowan Atkinson,che torna a rivestire i panni dell'agente più imbrabato del Regno Unito. Nonostante il buon successo,il sequel ha avuto critica molto negativa è poco audience rispetto al primo film,ma ha buon mercato
½ November 19, 2016
What Austin Powers does is take the James Bond formula and make everything and everyone in it wacky. That can be effective and kind of funny, but I get more enjoyment out of Johnny English. What this film does is take the James Bond formula and only make the main character wacky. I've always had a fondness for movies like this because everyone around the main character is playing it straight, which makes his goofiness stand out more. But I think people's enjoyment of this film will be directly proportional to their appreciation of Rowan Atkinson's brand of slapstick. I found the bumbling to be quite funny, and the whole idea of Secret Agent Mr. Bean makes me chuckle. Also this film features the lovely Rosamund Pike who I wish would get more roles, because she is delightful and has a solid range. The most impressive thing for me about Johnny English Reborn is that, if you stripped away all the comedy, this would still be a legitimate Bond film. It has the kind of mystery, twists-and-turns, and insane villainous plots that you'd expect from Bond. And then, in the middle of it, it has Johnny English beating up an old woman because he mistook her for an assassin. I certainly didn't laugh uncontrollably with Johnny English Reborn, and it wasn't the greatest comedy of all time, but it was an entertaining 100 minutes and I'd be happy to watch it again some time.
November 6, 2016
Certainly more forgettable than the original, "Johnny English Reborn" sometimes feels rather forced but is overall redeemed by the always reliable Rowan Atkinson and the occasional highlights.
½ November 4, 2016
Oh wow. much funnier than the previous incarnations of England. Much cleaner plot and script. Very much like a Bond Parody.
September 4, 2016
Still old old funny comedy sequel. At least it hit the funny buttons at just right dose. Rowan Atkinson has been training in a remote monastery after a failed ops in Mozambique. He is recall by new MI7 director Gillian Anderson to investigate an attempt to assassinate the Chinese premier. A former CIA agent Richard Schiff plan to whistle blow. Young agent Daniel Kaluuya is assign to follow Rowan. Rosamund Pike is an expert in reading body & facial language. In HK to meet the agent, the guy die in the casino. Richard tell Rowan an assassin group call Vortex was set up by him and 2 others and he is holding one part of the key. He dies by the snipe shot from old woman killer Lim Pik Sen dressing as a cleaner. Another baddie steal a key from Richard and Rowan chase him smartly. Finally ending up in a platform at sea, they fight and Rowan show some slick moves. On board the plane, an agent stole the key and Rowan is embarrassed in front of Gillian and the prime minister of the empty suitcase. Investigating and on to another Vortex member. He too was kill by Lim at the golf course. He tell Rowan the 3rd member is from MI7 before dead. Rowan consult best friend and fellow agent Dominic West who could be the mole. Daniel hack into the computer and found a photo of Dominic and the 2nd member. Rowan dismiss his claim and even hand the key over. Turns out Dominic is really the mole. Rowan screw up the mission in Mozambique when he is lure by a beautiful agent to shower and the assassin kill the president. Dominic lie that Rowan is the mole agent and MI7 go after him and he manage to escape. He seek help from Rosamund who believe him because she check the Mozambique CCTV footage and found the killer having some seizure before becoming zombie like. He kill the president upon hearing some instruction and then he die moments later. The viral drug is created by CIA and order to destroy. Richard is in-charge and so that's how it ended up in the Vortex hands. Dominic know Rowan is hiding at her home. He get all 3 key parts to combine as 1 to unleash the viral. Rowan get Daniel help to stop the assassination. Their plan is to drug Gillian and while in the meeting she will kill the premier. Rowan barge in and drink the beverage. He become the zombie but through his years of meditation he is fighting himself. The PA system reveal Dominic is the mastermind giving instruction. The attempt fail and Rowan is dead but Rosamund kiss him and he wakes up. He goes after Dominic in the cable car and blow it to bits. At he palace, Lim impersonate the queen and try to kill Rowan. He caught the real queen and smash her head and Lim was caught by the others. That's totally funny and embarrassing.
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
Another sequel we never asked for but here it is and if I'm honest it's better than the first, It feels bigger and more expensive, More action and stunts that were pretty good, There are allot of chuckles but not enough loud laughs, Most of the jokes have been done before but there were some nice clever chase scenes, A funny funny scene with a helicopter, Rowan Atkinson plays his part well, It's the 007 spoof for adults just like Austin Powers is the 007 spoof for teens.
June 10, 2016
Funny and good action
½ May 17, 2016
I didn't expect it but, this sequel to the 2003 movie Johnny English is funnier, cooler, and more original than it's predecessor, with plenty of very nice moments and an all-star cast.
April 27, 2016
Why the harsh reviews? It's not supposed to be an incredible piece of art, it's a harmless comedy that makes people happy. Ease up.
Plenty of chuckles and mindless fun for those who can loosen up and not be so critical
April 7, 2016
I find this film hilarious, and the cast are brilliant. So over-critiscised !!
March 9, 2016
"Johnny English Reborn" takes itself a bit more seriously than its predecessor, but the sense of humor still seems like this movie is targeting eight-year-old children. The jokes do get better as the movie progresses, but never to the point of making this a must-watch comedy. Watchable, but not even close to "Blackadder" for showcasing the comic skills of Rowan Atkinson.