Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Reviews

• Sep 02, 2019

It's the tired old cliched plot of brat kid not getting on with parent, rebelling and after going through a common cause coming together and getting on. One thing I will say is when escaping on a motorbike which has two side mirrors there's no need to keep turning round to see if cops are still pursuing. Another thing I will say, in fear of being a party pooper, is that a mother would never leave her eggs exposing them to further danger. It's a very twee movie but not bad.

• Aug 10, 2019

Even if it doesn't quite seem to have the right target audience down pat and isn't exactly ambitious, Journey 2's cast, stunning visuals and combination of thrilling adventure and humour make this...sequel(?) reasonably entertaining for the particularly undemanding.

• Apr 10, 2019

Without Dwayne Johnson it'd have nothing to offer, but even couldn't help a standard unimpressive snore fest. 2/5 - Forgettable

• Jan 05, 2019

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island has Dwayne Johnson's abundant charm and some impressive visual effects, which do not quite realize the cartoonish plot and unambitious storyline making it a fun diversion that never really works.

• Dec 26, 2018

Fun family movie..These movies are just frikkin fun.

Fun family movie..These movies are just frikkin fun.

• Dec 21, 2018

I can tell you, Rock it's Rock :D I like so much how he playing his roles. All his movies are in my favorite list on boxxy software app.

• Nov 08, 2018

Improved visuals, but the story is predictable and the characters need development.

• Sep 22, 2018

Wow, I am amazed how poorly directed this film was, pure laziness, but it’s clearly something rushed to screen for a cash grab. The film isn’t remotely engaging in entertainment it’s more like going thru the motions of each predictable scene til the film concludes. The acting is poorly done & the film is saturated w/CGI effects, that they should have just done a fully animated film. The music is so over the top annoying, that it pitches a forced emotion, to a characters depicted situation rather than a directed capturing the emotions. So bad.

• Sep 17, 2018

This Sci-fi Fantasy Adventure Comedy doesn't have much of a story going for itself, the plotting is ridiculous, the pacing is fast and at its core it a lighthearted forgettable watch. It might appeal to younger crowds with its 3D CGI, unfortunately, I am an adult and saw it on a normal screen.

• Jun 17, 2018

Even Dwayne Johnston couldn't save this catastrophe. The great 2008 family film, squeal is just filled with cheesy dialogue, cringe acting. Kids will find this funny, but the rest of us will feel board and sleepy.