Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Reviews

• Sep 12, 2020

Really good watch, would watch again, and can recommend. Great casting choices, great subject matter, and plenty of production value. When it comes down to it, I'm sure this is the movie that settled Dwayne Johnson as the guy for Jumanji. Josh Hutcherson and Vanessa Hudgens are really cute together and play off of each other really well. Michael Caine and Luis Guzmán both act really well with their character kids as well as Dwayne. The biggest actual problem I have with this is the insistence in 3d technology. It is really blatant and really weird sometimes. The iconic action scenes in this are amazing, and were probably not cost efficient at all: a giant lizard, bird or fish animated like this looks so good, but lasts for 5 minutes (?) and costs ridiculous amounts of money to get quality as good as this movie does. But it's the "no expense spared" attitude that really makes this a good movie watching experience. Yes, the writing is solid, and I love the idea of visiting the Mysterious Island, but the quality is what puts it over the top. Well worth the watch, but its the experience more than anything I can verbally express right now.

• Aug 16, 2020

The rock makes it fun but the script isn't great. The effects are laughable at best.

• Jul 21, 2020

Minus a star for every time Louis Guzman says something. Plus a star for every 3D berry the Rock bounces off his chest toward the audience. Minus a star for the blatant male gaze. Plus a star for all the scenery Michael Caine chews. Plus another star for trying to get kids to read Victorian sci-fi. Minus half a star for not actually committing to the steampunk possibilities.

• Jul 19, 2020

My video game loving kid liked this a lot. After watching it he asked me to get him books by Jules Verne. Huh? Great, so I did. the kid wants to read again! But since we got the books he hasn't read them...still just wants to play video games. Sigh.

• Jul 13, 2020

It's certainly ambitious, and it offers enough entertainment for younger viewers, but older audiences will find it dull and uninspired.

• Jul 04, 2020

Fun for the family but not real action for adults.

Fun for the family but not real action for adults.

• Jun 17, 2020

It’s was beautiful and nice and cute. More for kids but enjoyable all the same.

It’s was beautiful and nice and cute. More for kids but enjoyable all the same.

• May 24, 2020

A beautiful and retrospective film for the whole family to enjoy - Featuring tiny elephants and the question "What is life?", a high IQ is required to understand the deeper meaning of such an underrated sequel.

• May 22, 2020

I enjoyed it and finally something that kids will enjoy. It's good family entertainment. Just don't go into it with expectations and take it as it comes. It is one of those movies that is not trying to be anything.

• Dec 14, 2019

This feature packed film fails on so many levels.

This feature packed film fails on so many levels.